MAC - Sheen Supreme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

^ love your avatar annikay!!
Temptalia has the colour story & photos of all colours...not individually labeled though:
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-sheen-supreme-lipstick-collection-for-spring-2011-photos
i agree! what a beautiful picture you have annikay! :)

DILLIGAF

I saw these today during my trip to Pro. They are like upgraded slim shines without all the mush. If you liked Slimshines you will love these.

panther27

I wish there were more light colors in this collection,there are too many darker colors
ssad.gif

rockin

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/daily-beauty-cat/mac-sheen-supreme-official-pr-information-and-photos

The colours are named individually here, but no swatches as yet

Face2Mac

Insanely It= honeysuckle. The color of the spring 2011.

I think my list in Bare Again, Can't get enough and Insanely It. I hope these are not that sheer but I will take sheer for the heat of summer.

GlammySammy

I am a tad curious how Supremely Confident looks on the lips... Something that would mutes my pigmented lips (better than Innocence Beware) would be great :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'll try to post some pictures later, but I got to try out the whole collection. In the end, I picked up Quite the Thing and Good to Be Bad. I went through all the colours, but I felt like I couldn't look at the display for too long or my retinas would be permanently damaged. Some of these colours are BRIGHT. I mean really bright, more than I was expecting.

A couple of general notes:

1. These are not particularly sheer. There are lustre finish lipsticks that have less colour payoff. The darker colours are pretty much opaque. My MA said he's been suggesting that people apply it by dabbing it on with their fingers since the colour can get pretty intense on some of them.

2. They're pretty slippery, but not at all tacky/ sticky. That was a little bit of a disappointment, because I was hoping for something with a slightly sticky texture. However, I know that a lot of people will like this.

3. If you're not able to go to the store to see them in person, make sure you check swatches on line before choosing colours. The descriptions are misleading, or at least they were to me.

4. Heat is going to be a problem with these. The testers had just gone out this morning (around 10) and by the time I saw them (about 4), they were soft enough that they were a mess to sample.

5. When you wear them, check your teeth. The formula is soft and the colours will get smeared on your teeth (and everything else) very easily.

6. Application is a bit tricky, because the product is moist enough that it tends to slip easily. You can end up "missing" the edge of your lips.

Thoughts on the colours:

Like I said, some of them are a lot brighter than I expected. Full Speed (I'm pretty sure it was) is a super-bright coral compares to Toxic Tale, but a bit pinker.

Insanely It is watermelon pink only if the watermelon had been exposed to radiation. It's probably the brightest of the bunch, at least that I saw. It reminds me of the hot pink Dazzle lipstick (Naughty You), but a lot brighter. Sort of like if that lipstick and Azalea blush had a baby- and yes, there is a definite shimmer to this one, at least when I swatched it on my hand.

Quite the Thing is much pinker than I thought it would be. It's warmer/ pinker than Style Curve and Spitfire (and of course, has a glossier finish). I can see some shimmer in the tube, but I didn't notice it on my lips.

I was really looking forward to Can't Resist, because I thought it would be a glossy version of O. However, it's more just frosty gold with a reddened base- I couldn't see any purple in it at all. The frost is enough that you don't really notice the gloss effect (same goes for Look At Her). As frosty finishes go, Heroine is a much better investment in my mind.

I was also disappointed in Impressive, which is a sort of blah brown. I'm irritated by people- and Mac is bad for this- referring to warmer browns as "plum". Makes me think that the product managers at Mac have some pretty scary fruit in their refrigerators.

It didn't pick it up, since I had to limit myself, but I might go back for Ultra Darling. I wasn't interested from the description (oh boy, a yellow pink, call the newspapers...), but it is a lovely colour and it's one that I think a lot of people could wear.

New Temptation is exactly what it sounds like- bright true, slightly bluish red- and I may go back for that one as well.

So there are some initial impressions. Like I said, I'll try to post photos and comparison swatches of the colours I picked up a little later. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to try and answer.

BeautyByLele

I dont know if its been mentioned or asked already but I called my local MAC Pro and they said you cant B2B for these lipsticks

BeckyBenett

cheerleader.gif
oh my goodness im so excited for these.. hmm i shall be wanting to get New Temptation, Ultra Darling, Behave Yourself and Gotta Dash. Maybes: Supremely Confident, Quite the Thing. Have to pace myself, especially since everything here costs so much more...

Ashleybubbles83

i'll check them out in store, but based on katred's review i'd probably end up passing on them...especially if they're that sensitive to heat!

Allura Beauty

The review is finished and posted, with pictures of each color applied: http://www.allurabeauty.com/?p=3376

My thoughts, in short, are:

1) These are exactly what they claim to be--pigmented colors you'd expect out of a lipstick that are also gloss-like in their finish
2) They are soft, so you do have to be a little careful not to squish them too hard, but I didn't think it was a huge problem. Just treat them more like you would a soft chapstick. And, yes, it's probably a good idea to keep them out of the heat.
3) The application is similar to an emollient chapstick. They glide on very easily and smoothly. I didn't have a lot of trouble applying (even while trying to apply them quickly for the review). As long as you're careful and not in a big rush, you shouldn't have a problem applying the color precisely.
4) They are super moisturizing.

Personally, they're one of my favorite lip products MAC has come out with. You get color, sheen, and moisture, all in one.

Favorite color is Ultra Darling <3.

More photos here
Urban Decay Naked Palette Giveaway here
www.allurabeauty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.