MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Alisha1

Noooo, really? I was in Selfridges today and they told me they'd have it from the 24th. They always have unreliable info though - I remember when they told me the Wonder Woman collection was a Selfridges exclusive and that even the MAC website / MAC stores wouldn't be selling it
lol.gif

Anyway, I'm out of the country from the 10th-20th so I really hope they don't sell out of the things I want!
The other stores should get the collection on the 1st of March except for Selfridges as they have an exclusive preview just like last year with the Wonder Woman collection so even if somethings sell out in Selfridges you'll still have a chance to get them elsewhere :)
I will be in Selfridges first thing next tuesday to get my goodies! Can't wait!!

cno64

IMO Runaway red is 1000x prettier than it looks.. I love it!
I couldn't agree more; Runaway Red is FABULOUS!
I just ordered one as a gift for a friend.
In fact, I just placed on order for the following:

• Runaway Red (gift for friend)
  • Hot 'n' Saucy Tendertone x 2 (one for me, one for friend)
  • Kiss Me Quick lip pencil (for me)
  • Just Wonderful lip pencil (for friend)
  • Moleskin eyeshadow (for me)
I put Dish It Up in my cart, but changed my mind and and removed it.
Still the total was rather hefty, even with free shipping.
Oh, well; at least I avoided S.O.P.S. this time! ;)

rockin

I'm trying hard to convince myself that I don't need the quads. Colour Added doesn't appeal to me anyway, but Shop Drop is my colours, so I'm trying to tell myself I have very close colours to those (I already do have hypnotizing). The Bubbles one is very tempting, but do I wear those type of colours enough to make it worth buying? With so many collections due out in the very near future I really have got to cut my lists down

MACcrazy

MAC has really stepped up on their quads with this one! I can see them selling out (not as quick as TT, KLC, or l/s) since the color payoff is great with amazing colors! UGH I WANT IT ALL!!!!!

duckrodeo

Call Me Bubbles is my favorite of the three quads by color selection alone. I passed on it because I already own Bisque and Early Bird e/s and I have Urban Decay Baked up the wazoo. Shop & Drop is my favorite that I purchased and I can't wait to wear it tonight :) even though Power Boosted is almost identical to Urban Decay Fishnet, I love the color selection and pigmentation.

duckrodeo

Another round of swatches, this time comparing Dish It Up to other purple lippies in my collection...

The top is Craving, followed by Plum Bright, Rebel and the bottom shade is Dish It Up.

There was some discussion a few pages back questioning whether Craving and Dish It Up were too similar - which on my skin tone they don't appear to be close at all. However, since Dish It Up is a lustre, there's a possibility - depending on lip pigmentation - that the color could turn similar to Craving's shade.

I may post a look later on with Dish It Up - I'm going out with some girlfriends tonight and I'm anticipating using the Shop & Drop quad along with Dish It Up l/s paired with Narcissus from Daphne :) ohh la laaa
girlhaha.gif

EngineerBarbie

Thank goodness I drop a lot of $$$ at my regular MAC store because I got to see the 'displays' for this and swatch some of the products.

For the lipsticks, I skipped Innocence, Beware (Tyrone Biggums anyone?), Naughty Saute and Runaway Red (it still looks orange on me). Dish it Up is nice but somewhat sheerer than I like in my lipsticks. Quick Sizzle looks so hot! And I love how the matte feels smooth (think Iris Apfel) and not hard and dry. Watch me Simmer is of course, the *star* and rightfully so. Very pigmented (as an Amplified finish should be). It's like Vegas Volt's slightly pink cousin.

The blushes I tried were Optimistic Orange and Florida. Both are so gorgeous on and will definitely pop on darker skintones. OO had more of a tangerine peach color than orange when I swatched it on me (I'm an NW43 for reference). Florida is definitely a bright fuchsia and I didn't have to use much to get it to show up. Restores Dazzle! was eh for me so I passed on it.

Tendertones I liked but my daughter REALLY liked them. I'll have to get her one of her own so she can't bogart mine.

Passed on the nail polishes as frankly MAC's prices for them are getting up in the range of better-performing ones. $16 for a MAC nail polish? I don't think so. Major pass.

The shadow quads I looked over and did a few swatches. Colour Added had two Veluxe Pearl shades so that definitely drew my interest. I noticed T said in her review that the yellow one (I forget the color) looked like Three Ring Yellow. As Three Ring Yellow looks green on me instead of yellow, I like how this shade actually 'pulls' yellow on my skin and is a VP. I think T is an NC so that may be why TRY looks yellow on her. I've never gotten that sucker to look yellow on me. Call Me Bubbles looked nice but I've got so many colors like it. Same for the Shop/Drop quad. In that one the purple color is gorgeous but frankly as I have Violet pigment it's a skip.

So thankfully I got my order all set aside so it will be ready for me when I come in Thursday for my makeover. I bought the Florida creamblush online because I don't have a cream blush like it and I definitely wanted a backup of this. Also getting a backup of Watch Me Simmer when launched on Nordstrom's site as well.

And here's a pic of some swatches I did in-store today:

sss215

I just mixed Deep Blue Green pigment with Blue Storm and got a color similar to Pre-Packaged, so, thats out for me. Naval also works if you don't have Blue Storm.

Its nice to know that the Call me Bubbles quad has a color like Free to Be but better. I have been passing on Free to Be for a while now because the payoff wasn't great. I think Call me Bubbles is going to be a great haul. I'll get a lot of use for it.

Richelle83

I'm sorry but forget Watch Me Simmer, Quick Sizzle looks so amazing it's not even funny. I'm seriously thinking of getting a few lol.

Rinstar

I kind of want Call Me Bubbles, but I own so many colors like those already. I kinda think I should pass. I am still definitely getting Tendertones tho!