MAC Tres Cheek discussion

MACina

That sounds like an awesome combo
thmbup.gif

I have to try it....thank you Edelmc!

I am nw10-15 and I would say the colour is fairly true to pan. It looks like a lovely mix of lavender and pink. The lavender makes it unique IMO and the slight pink in the colour makes it wearable. I highly recommend it. I am wearing it today with Luna ccb and lightscapade as highlighters

lipglass_junkie

I told myself I didn't need any of these but I finally caved! Swatched MM store and loved it, bought it online at nordstroms so hopefully that comes next week. Still thinking about peony petal, but I have to swatch it first, and the store I went to didn't have a tester. I'm not sure it would go well with my coloring anyway, I think azalea blossom is as cool toned I can go.

duckrodeo

So everyone that is buying back-ups... how long does it take to get through a blush?
It takes a super long time lol. I've been using Stunner frequently since I bought it, as well as having a back-up and there's not even a noticeable dip of any kind in my first one! I just like having a BNIB unopened BU of the blushes I know I'll use a lot, especially since stuff happens. If I lose it, or drop it, or whatnot, I have an extra.

Mac-Guy

It takes a super long time lol. I've been using Stunner frequently since I bought it, as well as having a back-up and there's not even a noticeable dip of any kind in my first one! I just like having a BNIB unopened BU of the blushes I know I'll use a lot, especially since stuff happens. If I lose it, or drop it, or whatnot, I have an extra.
iagree.gif

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by duckrodeo

Mine has a dip in :p It's a lovely blush!

duckrodeo

I agree. It's definitely a blush I can use completely heavy-handed without it looking like too much. Just gives a gorgeous natural flush to the cheeks
blush-anim-cl.gif

All of the blushes still show up as in stock on the MAC site, so strange! I think most have gotten their fill, without too many BUs lol.

MRV

I finally got my black box yesterday with all the
blush-anim-cl.gif
goodies! I was wearing MM with Glorify today, and they both are good colours on me. I have to wear the blushes on their own though to get to know them better.

rubytitania

I'm surprised by how much I like Modern Mandarin! I really thought that with my cool-toned fair skin it wouldn't suit me, but it's actually quite lovely :) Immortal Flower is gorgeous too. Pink Tea isn't wowing me but it's very wearable so I'm sure I'll get plenty of use from it. I'm considering going back for Lovecloud (or maybe even Full Of Joy) - what does everyone think?

duckrodeo

I'm considering going back for Lovecloud (or maybe even Full Of Joy) - what does everyone think?

Lovecloud is a must! FoJ is pretty if you're into purples! It's definitely wearable with a blush combo (like Coygirl + FoJ or FoJ + Vintage Grape blush ombre)

toautumn

Lovecloud is a must! FoJ is pretty if you're into purples! It's definitely wearable with a blush combo (like Coygirl + FoJ or FoJ + Vintage Grape blush ombre)

I am (was?) Team 6
mac_atemywallet.gif
and I totally agree about FoJ! I am about NC32 and it looks so much better than I thought it would! I like to wear it a little below the cheekbone (so it's not so prominent) and wear SA pearlmatte on the actual cheekbone and apples! It looks so good! If anyone has both I highly recommend you try it!

baghdad81

Quote: Originally Posted by baghdad81

I am still scared to try them out! They are all sitting pretty in their boxes and I just stare at them!

you should totally break em out...
which ones did you get? i love them all...
I am team 6 pink cult not pink tea....I am gonna try pink cult today!!

aradhana

I am team 6 pink cult not pink tea....I am gonna try pink cult today!!
pink tea is such a pretty colour...but still quite subtle on me...
is your skintone a little like your avatar pic?
i kinda think these blushes 'glow' on the cheeks...literally...

Off topic, but i'm curious about the black ed eyeshadow too, since it has a 'glow' finish...what does it mean....

aradhana

lol...at first when i read this i thought you said lovecloud + FoJ, and i was like 'what, what, what, a new combo?'.... i wore foj and coygirl yesterday, but haven't tried foj with vg yet....
i was a bit uncertain about foj when we initially saw swatches, because it's so light, but combined with another blush it totally works.