MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

rinacee

Welp. My list has grown. I also just took the day off and had it approved. Does this mean I officially have a problem?
Anyways, my list now is: Crisp Whites, Hipness, Colour Matters, Steam Heat, Sudsy, Morange, and Freshen Up. Though I am iffy on the liners...Temptalia gave them a C! And I am not sure if Freshen Up will look good on my skin tone.

NATlar

My local store releases this tomorrow, considering adding Hipness and Tumble Dry to the two I got out the collection.

ghopkins91

I picked up Morange, Golden Rinse & Hipness. I absolutely love Golden Rinse, it is gorgeous! However, Hipness is darker than I expected and I find that it doesn't blend very well.
a0afa951_20150506_093653-1.jpeg

TheLizzer

mac_boxday.gif

Here's a first quick picture:

Crisp Whites - Hipness - Tumble Dry - Golden Rinse - Freshen Up

I'll try to post my first impressions and some swatches later today :)

TheLizzer

My first impressions and a little huge spamfest
smiles.gif

Firstly, I adore the packaging!

And I like the combo with my NOTD
smiles.gif

(NOTD is Dance Legend Axe)

Golden Rinse - If you loved Aphrodite’s Shell, you’ll love GR too, I highly recommend it! Temptalia made it sound pretty awful, but I really really like it, the texture of the product is a-ok and the colour is perfect for my NW20 skin.

Top: GR, bottom AS
(AS is one swipe, GR is several swipes)

Tumble Dry - I knew it was gonna be sheer, but it’s even more sheer than I thought it would be lol.

Hipness - Love this colour! Blendability isn’t really a problem imo. Although I don't think it's a super-unique colour, I don’t have anything similar in my collection. Here’s a comparison with The Balm Toile:

Top Hipness, bottom Toile

Crisp Whites - Swatched it looks quite sheer, but I haven’t tried it yet on mah face, so I can't really say anything about it yet...

L-R: Crisp Whites - Hipness - Aphrodite's Shell - Golden Rinse

Freshen Up - This product was a must-have for me, but I must admit I’m pretty disappointed thus far... I don’t find it easy to work with at all, if the colours aren’t mixed "well" it just looks yellow on my skin. Not a look I like to go for!
I guess I just need to learn how to make it work for me, but I was surprised, I thought I was gonna love it. It also kicks up quite a lot of powder, at this rate it's gonna be gone quickly :/

L-R: FU1 - FU2- FU3 - FU Mixed

L-R: FU1 - FU2- FU3 - FU Mixed - Crisp Whites

So pretty in the pan:

RIP overspray, still pretty:

So powdery though:

That's it for now, hope you enjoyed
smiles.gif

Marsha Pomells

My first impressions and a little huge spamfest :) Firstly, I adore the packaging!  And I like the combo with my NOTD :) (NOTD is Dance Legend Axe) Golden Rinse - If you loved Aphrodite’s Shell, you’ll love GR too, I highly recommend it! Temptalia made it sound pretty awful, but I really really like it, the texture of the product is a-ok and the colour is perfect for my NW20 skin. Top: GR, bottom AS (AS is one swipe, GR is several swipes) Tumble Dry - I knew it was gonna be sheer, but it’s even more sheer than I thought it would be lol.  Hipness - Love this colour! Blendability isn’t really a problem imo. Although I don't think it's a super-unique colour, I don’t have anything similar in my collection. Here’s a comparison with The Balm Toile: Top Hipness, bottom Toile Crisp Whites - Swatched it looks quite sheer, but I haven’t tried it yet on mah face, so I can't really say anything about it yet... L-R: Crisp Whites - Hipness - Aphrodite's Shell - Golden Rinse Freshen Up - This product was a must-have for me, but I must admit I’m pretty disappointed thus far... I don’t find it easy to work with at all, if the colours aren’t mixed "well" it just looks yellow on my skin. Not a look I like to go for! I guess I just need to learn how to make it work for me, but I was surprised, I thought I was gonna love it. It also kicks up quite a lot of powder, at this rate it's gonna be gone quickly :/ L-R: FU1 - FU2- FU3 - FU Mixed L-R: FU1 - FU2- FU3 - FU Mixed - Crisp Whites So pretty in the pan: RIP overspray, still pretty: So powdery though: That's it for now, hope you enjoyed :)
Sod the swatches, I'm in love with your nail polish

msvluvsmac

smiles.gif

smiles.gif

Golden Rinse - If you loved Aphrodite’s Shell, you’ll love GR too, I highly recommend it! Temptalia made it sound pretty awful, but I really really like it, the texture of the product is a-ok and the colour is perfect for my NW20 skin.

Tumble Dry - I knew it was gonna be sheer, but it’s even more sheer than I thought it would be lol.

Hipness - Love this colour! Blendability isn’t really a problem imo. Although I don't think it's a super-unique colour, I don’t have anything similar in my collection. Here’s a comparison with The Balm Toile:

Crisp Whites - Swatched it looks quite sheer, but I haven’t tried it yet on mah face, so I can't really say anything about it yet...

Freshen Up - This product was a must-have for me, but I must admit I’m pretty disappointed thus far... I don’t find it easy to work with at all, if the colours aren’t mixed "well" it just looks yellow on my skin. Not a look I like to go for!
I guess I just need to learn how to make it work for me, but I was surprised, I thought I was gonna love it. It also kicks up quite a lot of powder, at this rate it's gonna be gone quickly :/

So pretty in the pan:

So powdery though:

smiles.gif
Thanks for the swatches. Hipness, Tumble Dry and the contour brush for me. I'm supposed to go to an event at the MAC counter for this collection once it releases so I'll see if I want anything else then.

Marsha Pomells

Thanks for the swatches.  Hipness, Tumble Dry and the contour brush for me.  I'm supposed to go to an event at the MAC counter for this collection once it releases so I'll see if I want anything else then. 
Same here, I'm going to an event on Friday. Might pick up a few bits and (I know this is off topic but it's still lipstick related) that new Illamasqua lipstick and gloss. Thankfully, my stepmother won't be with me. I can pick up what I want without being called out

VioletPearl

I've been eyeing up Domestic Diva... so pretty
eyelove.gif
Does remind me of the Miley Cyrus one though.
Domestic Diva is more pigmented than ML lipglass. also ML has glitters in it while domestic diva has a bluish-pearly sheen and golden fleks in it. It is stunning!

TwiggyPop

My first impressions and a little huge spamfest :) Firstly, I adore the packaging!  And I like the combo with my NOTD :) (NOTD is Dance Legend Axe) Golden Rinse - If you loved Aphrodite’s Shell, you’ll love GR too, I highly recommend it! Temptalia made it sound pretty awful, but I really really like it, the texture of the product is a-ok and the colour is perfect for my NW20 skin. Top: GR, bottom AS (AS is one swipe, GR is several swipes) Tumble Dry - I knew it was gonna be sheer, but it’s even more sheer than I thought it would be lol.  Hipness - Love this colour! Blendability isn’t really a problem imo. Although I don't think it's a super-unique colour, I don’t have anything similar in my collection. Here’s a comparison with The Balm Toile: Top Hipness, bottom Toile Crisp Whites - Swatched it looks quite sheer, but I haven’t tried it yet on mah face, so I can't really say anything about it yet... L-R: Crisp Whites - Hipness - Aphrodite's Shell - Golden Rinse Freshen Up - This product was a must-have for me, but I must admit I’m pretty disappointed thus far... I don’t find it easy to work with at all, if the colours aren’t mixed "well" it just looks yellow on my skin. Not a look I like to go for! I guess I just need to learn how to make it work for me, but I was surprised, I thought I was gonna love it. It also kicks up quite a lot of powder, at this rate it's gonna be gone quickly :/ L-R: FU1 - FU2- FU3 - FU Mixed L-R: FU1 - FU2- FU3 - FU Mixed - Crisp Whites So pretty in the pan: RIP overspray, still pretty: So powdery though: That's it for now, hope you enjoyed :)
Thank you so much for all of these! Golden Rinse has gone on and off of my list so many times, but you just put it back on my list. How many swipes of Tumble Dry does it take to get a good amount of color? I might pair it with Fruit Cocktail, but I'm getting Fashion Force so that might be the peachy color I've been feigning for.

Seven Of Nine

I finally bought from W&D Matte Bronze, Golden Rinse, Steam Heat, Delicates, Pro Longwear Brown Set,126 brush and 125 brush, Pro Longwear Nourishing and Pro Longwear Powder - much to much :eek:

novocainedreams

smiles.gif

smiles.gif

So pretty in the pan:

So powdery though:

smiles.gif
Thank you for this! I was trying to decide which bronzer, and I was leaning towards Golden Rinse, I am about NW15, so I think it will work on me, if it works with your NW20 skin. :-D In the air about Hipness, probably don't need it, I have pinks. And the one I wanted the most was Freshen Up, but now I am not sure if it's powdery and not blendable....hmm. Thanks again for the swatches!