MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

iShadow

Was so delirious and excited when I ordered I forgot to log into normal account... So I paid $7 for shipping for two things.:aargh: Oh well, Freshen Up and Crisp Whites are mineeeeee. I think it's hilarious that Creme d' Nude and Morange sold out first! Hopefully MAC steps up their game and gives us some variation.

Dezrai

I hear ya! I just placed a big order for something I'm trying to start up for myself, but it's something I had to do. Then I also have a bunch of medical bills to worry about. I really didn't have any money left to spend on this collection, but my fiancé knows I've been trying to work through the pain so he let me use his card to order some stuff. I still didn't order everything I wanted because I don't like to take advantage, but I still might be able to get the 125 myself next week. I also can't believe CDN sold out so fast, along with Morange. I really thought Steam Heat would be the first to sell out.
The medical bills are the worst, aren't they? I don't have insurance through grad school anymore (I'm at UF), and I have to have two exploratory procedures done this month because they cannot figure out what's causing me to have two types of anemia. If they don't find out from these, a bone biopsy is next and I have no idea how I'll pay for that! I've got severe nerve damage in my neck and shoulder and have to have nerve conduction testing/therapy and surgery and I've had to put all that off just to deal with this anemia nonsense. I really hope you're doing okay, and It's so wonderful that your fiancé treated you with this collection to cheer you up! That's part of the real reason I bought the TB bag for myself (with the help of EBates and the gift card) and the items I did buy from this collection. I really needed the pick me up after all this health stuff. And again, your fiancé sounds really great. What a special guy to understand how makeup makes a woman feel better! A lot of men feel that it's frivolous (especially when you have other stuff you could buy with the same money) but they just don't understand how it make us feel inside, do they? Look better, feel better! I believe that. I really hope you get better, enjoy your new stuff, and get whatever you're trying to get going off the ground. Good luck with it. And I agree with you about SH; I thought that lippie would be the first to sell out!

montREALady

Thank you so much! I have Rosy Rim so that will be fun to try, but the others I'll have to check online swatches. Nearest MAC counter is 45 minutes away (with no traffic) and nearest store is an hour and a half away, so I always have to go by other people's pictures. Which of the ones you mentioned do you think would be best on NC15 skin? After listening to the other posters here today, I'm going to order Fruit cocktail to go with Tumble Dry. I love you ladies; it's so hard not being able to look in person, so I'm really coming to rely on everyone's suggestions. Thanks again!
Ordered Fruit Cocktail to pick up a Macy's to go with my TD! I'll pick it up tomorrow, couldn't today.

lilinah

I'm surprised that the first lipsticks to sell out were the PERM ones! As for what i'm getting, i'll be outside my local MAC at 9:30 AM next Thursday...

As for the liners, i wonder how different this collection's Colour Matters is from the perm Sourpuss... The liner in the Toledo collection was creamy, long lasting, and had some shimmer - Sourpuss wasn't creamy or shimmery.

DMcG9

And I agree with you about SH; I thought that lippie would be the first to sell out!

Bone biopsy!
thmbdn.gif
I hope you get a diagnosis before it gets to that! Just out of curiosity, how much do they cost? I've had quite a few but I was/am covered for it.

montREALady

The medical bills are the worst, aren't they? I don't have insurance through grad school anymore (I'm at UF), and I have to have two exploratory procedures done this month because they cannot figure out what's causing me to have two types of anemia. If they don't find out from these, a bone biopsy is next and I have no idea how I'll pay for that! I've got severe nerve damage in my neck and shoulder and have to have nerve conduction testing/therapy and surgery and I've had to put all that off just to deal with this anemia nonsense. I really hope you're doing okay, and It's so wonderful that your fiancé treated you with this collection to cheer you up! That's part of the real reason I bought the TB bag for myself (with the help of EBates and the gift card) and the items I did buy from this collection. I really needed the pick me up after all this health stuff. And again, your fiancé sounds really great. What a special guy to understand how makeup makes a woman feel better! A lot of men feel that it's frivolous (especially when you have other stuff you could buy with the same money) but they just don't understand how it make us feel inside, do they? Look better, feel better! I believe that. I really hope you get better, enjoy your new stuff, and get whatever you're trying to get going off the ground. Good luck with it. And I agree with you about SH; I thought that lippie would be the first to sell out!
I've been dealing with a troubled tooth for the longest that I think is affecting me in other ways. Now I need to extract it, have a bone graft then implant. I cannot afford it at all. Just the extraction which is $17 otherwise my crap dental plan doesn't cover the other stuff. Probably about 6K that I do NOT have. So you learn to deal with pain. So sad.

SassyWonder

I've been dealing with a troubled tooth for the longest that I think is affecting me in other ways. Now I need to extract it, have a bone graft then implant. I cannot afford it at all. Just the extraction which is $17 otherwise my crap dental plan doesn't cover the other stuff. Probably about 6K that I do NOT have. So you learn to deal with pain. So sad.
I have MS and my medication is $765 out of pocket every month. I have MRIs every 3 months that I pay 70% of. I'm so thankful to be able to cover it but I think about those who can't and have to suffer. Something has to be done!

montREALady

I have MS and my medication is $765 out of pocket every month. I have MRIs every 3 months that I pay 70% of. I'm so thankful to be able to cover it but I think about those who can't and have to suffer. Something has to be done!
Sorry to hear that but glad you are able to handle your bills. One thing is my health plan is great but I've been doing the cheap dental plan through work all this time and it's been fine. Until I had to have work done :( Now I have to wait until open enrollment to change it. So frustrating.

SassyWonder

Sorry to hear that but glad you are able to handle your bills. One thing is my health plan is great but I've been doing the cheap dental plan through work all this time and it's been fine. Until I had to have work done :( Now I have to wait until open enrollment to change it. So frustrating.
Dental work is so expensive. I have 3 implants. Cost about as much as a new car.

montREALady

I can be your new best friend and help you spend the gift card..
angelic.gif
I like helping people like that
yes.gif
-

I'm sure that you can find something to spend it on, if not in this collection then the next. It looks like there will be some good MAC collections coming up.
Trust me, I don't need help spending $100
lol.gif
That's like 2 items with MAC
girlhaha.gif

Icecaramellatte

I highly, highly recommend Fruit Cocktail lip pencil. I use it to slightly shift or change lipsticks like Creme D'Nude, Yash, Peachstock, Flamingo, and Sweet & Sour into the more orange-ish or coral/peach tone. Fruit Cocktail, Hover, and Spice are my workhorse lip liners. Amazing with pretty much everything!

I picked up Fruit Cocktail last week. It was much brighter than I thought it would be. I can't remember why I bought it though. I know it was recommended with a certain lipstick. I may have to do a search at some point.

As for this collection, I still haven't ordered anything yet. I had quite a few items on my list but once I miss out on the main thing I wanted, it kind of makes me rethink everything. Maybe I'll wait for Nordies. I've had good luck with them although you have to wait forever and a day to get the package.

novocainedreams

OMG! That is just not right...it's great you can handle them, but you just shouldn't HAVE to, especially since you have a valid medical condition. I have a permanent disability so my healthcare is luckily covered 100%(almost) or I'd easily be paying over $3000 every month in bills. It amazes me what this country and our government think is fair.
noworry.gif