MAC X Aaliyah Collection (June 20/21, 2018)

elegant-one

Yes, the hype is missing. I just looked up the old thread on the MAC x Osbourne collection. It is 913 pages long. Crazy how things changed.

Yes! I really miss the crazy old stalking/release days on here. Sometimes we had 1000+ pages...and we laughed A LOT! :shakehead:

elegant-one

I forgot to say that I was expecting Hot Like to lean a bit more orange red from the pics & swatches. And, what do you guys recommend for removing red lipsticks? When I do....it's like Cheri Oteri :p:rotfl:

9k=

Last edited:

Miss Dynamite

I forgot to say that I was expecting Hot Like to lean a bit more orange red from the pics & swatches. And, what do you guys recommend for removing red lipsticks? When I do....it's like Cheri Oteri :p:rotfl:
9k=

I always use Vaseline to remove lipstick, unless it's liquid lipstick, then I use the MAC makeup remover samples that I always get, then a little bit of Vaseline after so my lips aren't dried out.

aradhana

I got three lipsticks (not the nude), and the two darker glosses, both pencils.
I have too many of the eyeshadows as singles or in other palettes to consider it, and the bronzer is not going to work for me.

I’m surprised they didn’t launch this closer to fall...and i’m sure it’s been said before, that they didn’t have deeper shades of bronzer. Makes zero sense.

I think they are also sending me the bandana...not sure what i’m going to do with it...I don’t like visible brand names on my clothes, and not sure I could pull off the bandana look anyway...I guess I’ll try it! :)

aradhana

Yes! I really miss the crazy old stalking/release days on here. Sometimes we had 1000+ pages...and we laughed A LOT! :shakehead:
I agree. I feel like the trend is more and more about consuming , and even though it’s on social media (eg. Instagram), the social element is getting removed...it’s so much about the solitary person and their virtual shopping cart...

we use to have a lot of hype before, during and excitement after the release as well in here.

elegant-one

I always use Vaseline to remove lipstick, unless it's liquid lipstick, then I use the MAC makeup remover samples that I always get, then a little bit of Vaseline after so my lips aren't dried out.

I do not own any vaseline. I thought about the wipes. It seems like no matter what I use, it smears red all around my mouth & then my lips get sore. I will give your routine a try. Thanks

Last edited:

aradhana

I got the More than a Woman lipstick and 3 lip glasses
loving the lipstick View attachment 64278

So her is MTAW topped with At your best gloss. This application is sloppy, as I ripped open the box as soon as I had it in my hands lol I def need Nevermore lip pencil with this. I love these colors! Ughhhh I always look frightened in pics lol
View attachment 64296

this lipstick looks amazing on both of you.

really excited to get my lipsticks too!

Miss Dynamite

I do not own any vaseline. I thought about the wipes. It seems like no matter what I use, it smears red all around my mouth & then my lips get soar. I will give your routine a try. Thanks
Yeah, my lips are pretty sensitive so I always use Vaseline or some type of lip balm to remove lip products, put it on then wipe off with a tissue. Sometimes it gets around my mouth a little bit, but it's so broken down by the Vaseline that it doesn't stain and just wipes right off. Sometimes I use it to remove eye makeup too cause it gets even the most stubborn eyeliner or mascara.

elegant-one

Yeah, my lips are pretty sensitive so I always use Vaseline or some type of lip balm to remove lip products, put it on then wipe off with a tissue. Sometimes it gets around my mouth a little bit, but it's so broken down by the Vaseline that it doesn't stain and just wipes right off. Sometimes I use it to remove eye makeup too cause it gets even the most stubborn eyeliner or mascara.

So the vaseline doesn't ever irritate your lips? And, I wanted to ask you about Mineralize blush Sweet Enough - is that new? I couldn't remember.

Miss Dynamite

So the vaseline doesn't ever irritate your lips? And, I wanted to ask you about Mineralize blush Sweet Enough - is that new? I couldn't remember.

Nope, no irritation at all. And yeah, Sweet Enough is new, it came out with the recent batch of Mineralize Blushes.

verorl

I like to use the MAC Cleanse Off oil to remove red lipsticks. It does break down the color nicely and doesn't irritate my lips.

Mac-Guy

I got three lipsticks (not the nude), and the two darker glosses, both pencils.
I have too many of the eyeshadows as singles or in other palettes to consider it, and the bronzer is not going to work for me.

I’m surprised they didn’t launch this closer to fall...and i’m sure it’s been said before, that they didn’t have deeper shades of bronzer. Makes zero sense.

I think they are also sending me the bandana...not sure what i’m going to do with it...I don’t like visible brand names on my clothes, and not sure I could pull off the bandana look anyway...I guess I’ll try it! :)

The bandana is a nice goodie. You can always gift it to somebody.

Mac-Guy

Have you tried an oil-based eye make up remover? It should do the job in a gentle manner. It is just more costly. Don't rub. Let it soak and then gently wipe.

PrettyTwisted

Yes, the hype is missing. I just looked up the old thread on the MAC x Osbourne collection. It is 913 pages long.

That collection was nerve wracking lol! I think I stayed up all night to order Strip Poker lipstick, which ended up not looking good on me at all. Then I ordered Riot House when it was repromoted with Blue Nectar and I love it lol

Mac-Guy

That collection was nerve wracking lol! I think I stayed up all night to order Strip Poker lipstick, which ended up not looking good on me at all. Then I ordered Riot House when it was repromoted with Blue Nectar and I love it lol

It was a long night, lol.

Monsy

9k=

you need lancome bifacil visage

LadyBug13

I got my order today and tested everything out before I left to run some errands (if I can remember to try out the items again and take pictures later, I will).

I got the following:

1 in a Million (lipglass)
Brooklyn Born (lipglass)
Try Again
More Than A Woman (lipstick)
Hot Like (lipstick)

I've never finished up a dark colored lipstick or lipgloss before, so I don't see myself running out of the darker colors anytime soon. Also, everything looked really nice and felt good on my lips. Here were my observations (for reference, I'm C7/NC45):

*1 in a Million looks beautiful on its own, and paired with the Nightmoth liner (I lined my lips and blended a bit to keep it from bleeding). I didn't compare it earlier, but 1 in a Million looks like the gloss version of Cyber.
*Brooklyn Born has a silver-is tint to it (???). Would be more of a topper for me, and I wouldn't wear it without a liner. Ot looks very pretty with Cork liner
*Try Again is a dead-on skin tone match for me. It's very nude against my skin tone, and also looked nice paired with Cork liner
*More Than a Woman pulled more berry-ish on me. Normally I wouldn't go for this type of color, but I really liked it against my skin tone. I believe I tried it on without a liner
*Hot Like isn't fire engine red on me, but it's brighter compared to Ruby Woo on me. Really enjoyed it with and without Cork liner

Overall, I'm excited to have these products and excited to have bought items from my first MAC limited edition collection. I was initially annoyed with getting all of these promo emails, but reading about some of y'all experiences with staying up at all hours to buy products, I'm glad that I didn't feel too rushed to buy my stuff. Also, I was watching the review video from YouTuber Ellarie the other day, and she said that she would have recommended that MAC center the products around 3 of Aaliyah's more iconic looks. (For example:, 3 separate lipgloss/lipglass and eyeshadow quads, along with a universal liner, etc.) After looking at what's available, I could pinpoint which products were inspired by a video/look. The one item I was looking forward to getting and was disappointed by was the bronzer. Having 2-3 shades of the bronzer would have been nice to cater to multiple skin tones. Also, maybe MAC should have shared images of models that resembled Aaliyah's aesthetic and tried out the looks. Here's a good example from a makeup artists from YouTube. The model is around my skin tone:

[video=youtube;Z9e3GjC1FJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9e3GjC1FJE&t=472s[/video]

I like to use the MAC Cleanse Off oil to remove red lipsticks. It does break down the color nicely and doesn't irritate my lips.

I used MAC's cleanse off oil to remove the lipsticks.

Latest posts