MAC X Aaliyah Collection (June 20/21, 2018)

elegant-one

Thank you gorgeous! What did you end up ordering? I have about 10 Hot Like coming lol I snuck and tried on One in a Million ugh.. the one I'm expecting is going back. I can't do blackened lip stuff.

:flowers: Only Hot Like...& I want another. Mine isn't arriving until Monday. 10!!!??? :p Eh, I can't do that look either.

Tashaboo

Sooo.. i saw the line online and decided that before I purchase anything I need to see some swatches up close.. and the verdict for me.. I passed on almost everything. the bronzer.. I'm not sure what that was...it was waaayyyy to light for me.. I wish they came in at least 2 or 3 different shades or just did like a blush or something. Then ended up going back for the lip pencil just so I could support. I got the black (or purple some people say) nevermore and I was contemplating the lipgloss in Brooklyn born and li li motor city. But I haven't decided yet.

Ajigglin

Some people just like to complain. If they don't make enough product, you're mad. If they make enough and let you know to come and get it, you're mad. It's ridiculous.
Anyway, good on MAC for making sure this isn't a Hunger Games situation. Entirely too much competition out here for those reindeer games.
I got all the lipsticks and the lip glosses when the Obsessed email came out and there was no drama. Had they done this years ago, they wouldn't have lost so many loyal customers.

Mac-Guy

Some people just like to complain. If they don't make enough product, you're mad. If they make enough and let you know to come and get it, you're mad. It's ridiculous.
Anyway, good on MAC for making sure this isn't a Hunger Games situation. Entirely too much competition out here for those reindeer games.
I got all the lipsticks and the lip glosses when the Obsessed email came out and there was no drama. Had they done this years ago, they wouldn't have lost so many loyal customers.

I am usually very positive about MAC and I enjoyed the hype around the brand in past. I don't think it is ridiculous to "complain" about dozens of email notifications about the same collection. It is ridiculous, however, that I get so many promos.

PrettyTwisted

Oh I'm super grateful for the Obsessed early access email! Otherwise with my work schedule I could easily lose out on items I want. I just am amused that I keep getting emails when I do still want to buy another Street Thing immediately but I need to wait until payday on Thursday lol

Mac-Guy

Oh I'm super grateful for the Obsessed early access email! Otherwise with my work schedule I could easily lose out on items I want. I just am amused that I keep getting emails when I do still want to buy another Street Thing immediately but I need to wait until payday on Thursday lol
I am sure you will get your chance next week.

verorl

I just got an email about the eye shadow palette. Frankly, I'm still surprised it is still available, as palettes usually sell out fast. I also have been getting all the emails, and no, this is not a rant, it is merely an observation on how this collection is not selling out super fast like other collections have in the past. Selina was crazy, and I remember stalking for the Brooke Shields collection which also sold out super fast.

At first I wanted the palette and the bronzer, but to be truthful, those are not my colors. I would just buy it, try them one time and then store them for posterity as I know those shades don't look good on me. While in the past I just would swoop in and buy, now I'm trying to be more conscious and only getting things that I know will look good on me and that I will actually use. No more buying just for the sake of collecting on my part.

Mac-Guy

I just got an email about the eye shadow palette. Frankly, I'm still surprised it is still available, as palettes usually sell out fast. I also have been getting all the emails, and no, this is not a rant, it is merely an observation on how this collection is not selling out super fast like other collections have in the past. Selina was crazy, and I remember stalking for the Brooke Shields collection which also sold out super fast.

At first I wanted the palette and the bronzer, but to be truthful, those are not my colors. I would just buy it, try them one time and then store them for posterity as I know those shades don't look good on me. While in the past I just would swoop in and buy, now I'm trying to be more conscious and only getting things that I know will look good on me and that I will actually use. No more buying just for the sake of collecting on my part.
Exactly my point. This collection will not sell faster if MAC sends out a gazillion of emails.

I am glad you mentioned Brooke Shields. It was a beautiful collection. I just used the Veluxe Pearl palette yesterday and I opened my final bronzer from this collection. I think I had three bronzer from Brooke in total. It's a gorgeous bronzer on lighter NW skin.

verorl

I think the main problem is the hype, or lack of. With Brooke Shields we knew months in advance that it was coming, them little by little what was coming. Selena had lots of hype too... Then came TendMood and the like, and they contributed to ruin things, if not ruined them entirely. Now we barely get any hype! Like with Patrick Starrr's summer collection. That got released, what, a week before launching? No time to build hype if you ask me.

I think the hype with Aaliyah was mishandled. They could have had fans rabidly stalking, or maybe they made too much product this time to avoid a situation similar to Selena's.

Mac-Guy

I think the main problem is the hype, or lack of. With Brooke Shields we knew months in advance that it was coming, them little by little what was coming. Selena had lots of hype too... Then came TendMood and the like, and they contributed to ruin things, if not ruined them entirely. Now we barely get any hype! Like with Patrick Starrr's summer collection. That got released, what, a week before launching? No time to build hype if you ask me.

I think the hype with Aaliyah was mishandled. They could have had fans rabidly stalking, or maybe they made too much product this time to avoid a situation similar to Selena's.

Yes, the hype is missing. I just looked up the old thread on the MAC x Osbourne collection. It is 913 pages long. Crazy how things changed.

Latest posts