MAC X Cinderella Collection (March 5, 2015)

Yazmin

I don't know what's up with Macy's! Their latest antics have pushed them to the bottom of my list of online merchants from whom I'll purchase.

stacekang

Macys customer service is on my shit list!!!! Called them about my lost package and called UPS and USPS and it is 100% lost. Supposed to be reshipped the shadow and faab but royal ball is totally gone and not replaceable. Then this morning I get an email saying to keep waiting on the package and THEY WONT RESHIP UGHHHHHHHHH long story short I sent them an email back that is not nice at all. I am so f***ing pissed.. Worst part is all you can even talk to is people in a call center prolly in the phillipines UGHHHHHHH

Gryffindor

How can I make Royal Ball work for me? No matter what I do, it looks patchy and make my lips look dry and/or wrinkly, when they're not. I've tried it on its own, over clear liner, over the most nudey/pink liner I have, and over that NYX primer stick or whatever it's called. I'm so annoyed.

YarahFlower

How can I make Royal Ball work for me?  No matter what I do, it looks patchy and make my lips look dry and/or wrinkly, when they're not.  I've tried it on its own, over clear liner, over the most nudey/pink liner I have, and over that NYX primer stick or whatever it's called.  I'm so annoyed.
Exfoliate and moisturize before applying your lipstick and lip liner. Also, a lip primer will help. Mac has a really great one! Hope that helps :)

allthingsglam

Free as a Butterfly
1f9b7295_image.jpeg
19e22aca_image.jpeg
d2c34550_image.jpeg
beautiful
yeah. i think it might be here by tomorrow so we'll see
im happy someone from specktra got the blue brushes Can't wait to see pictures

Gryffindor

Exfoliate and moisturize before applying your lipstick and lip liner. Also, a lip primer will help. Mac has a really great one! Hope that helps :)
I already exfoliate and moisturize, and I've tried primer from another brand...been meaning to try MAC's lip primer though. Never had so much trouble with a lipstick before!

TwiggyPop

There is only one person trying to sell the brushes on eBay and they're all stock photos from Macy's. She has about 4 of them up and they all have a bunch of bids. I'm waiting to see if it turns into a war. Haha And I just realized I haven't introduced myself. I used to post here years ago, but took a little break from my make up addiction when I had a baby and was working full time. Anyway, I'm Twiggy, I live in Pittsburgh and I'm part owner of my fiancés concrete company. I used to be known as the queen of color when I worked at Sephora and Macys, but I've toned down my look quite a bit lately. So hello everyone!

Dezrai

I've been in that place... it is intensely frustrating and it is just time as you know. However, wearing a red lippie while sitting in bed always made me feel better :haha:
Thank you for sharing, and I agree! I'm going to my infusion tomorrow wearing a MAC Burgundy x9 daytime smokey eye and Free as a Butterfly (if it shows up in time) or maybe I'll do Royal Ball with the day Burgundy smokey eye? Hmmmmm.... Might be too much? Or maybe a light Stroke of Midnight smokey? Haven't really gotten to use any of my new goodies yet as I'm not wearing makeup too often lately. It seems you know what I mean. ️ But it's amazing how putting on make up to go to these things helps me feel better.

Dezrai

Got my Cinderella stuff in today!!! Both lip glosses, Both lip sticks, And Lightly taupe ......Plus since i'm new hear i figured i would introduce my makeup collection to everyone! :) Its my happily ever after lol :)
That's a great collection! And you must have been ready to kill your daughters (with love of course!) But OMG, I must REALLY have a problem... I only started with MAC again recently, but my collection of Nars, Guerlain, UD, TooFaced, SB, BM and odds and ends from other lines takes 4 full dresser drawers. I think I need a major de-stash....

Dezrai

*doing a princess twirl* :stars:   Can I just say that I love this eyegloss stuff??! I got Pearl Varnish. I've been seeing people complain that it's too sticky, even on the MAC FB page and that's because they're using too much. This is what 3 different MAC artist's told me when I mentioned the complaints from people. One said the jar should last years. So I literally put a little bit on my index and rubbed with my thumb to warm it up (one MAC artist told me that's what she does) and I dabbed it on my eye lids making sure not to go into my inner corners (don't want it going into my eye!) I stopped a little before that area. I knew I was going to use this so I didn't put any foundation, concealer, primer, anything on my lids because I didn't want product build-up in my creases (and wrinkles!) or my foundation/concealer altering the color of the gloss. Also I think that would just make your lids feel heavy. Great results. I've been wearing it for 3hrs and my eyes aren't sticky or bothering me. I think people are literally gooping it on trying to get this big color payoff. Mixing it with pigments when they have no experience with a product like this then getting pissed when it doesn't work out. But I think it's supposed to be more of a subtle shimmer. I'll experiment of course, but one step at a time, lol. Anyway, hard to capture in pics but I tried: Brow highlight is Dust from UD's Naked 3 palette Lower lashline is Avon Glimmerstick in Sparkling Silver, waterline is Avon black pencil liner (can't remember the name) Mascara is Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes in black Cheekbone highlight is Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion (Ipsy Aug Glam Bag)  Blush is MAC Sharon O's Peaches & Cream (didn't realize that was the name because it's pink to me!) Lips are MAC Sharon O's Patentpolish in Patentpink with Cinderella's Glass Slipper dabbed on top, liner is NYX Pinky
I admit I could have gotten the glosses and passed because of the sticky factor but now I'm regretting it after seeing pics on this thread. Looks absolutely fab on you!!

smileyt06

Dezrai

Free as a Butterfly
1f9b7295_image.jpeg
19e22aca_image.jpeg
d2c34550_image.jpeg
Absolutely stunning on you! I haven't received mine yet, but on my super pale skin I do not think it's going to look near as good! You seriously need to wear that all the time! Seriously, it's sexy and demure at the same time. You go girl! Lol
There is only one person trying to sell the brushes on eBay and they're all stock photos from Macy's. She has about 4 of them up and they all have a bunch of bids. I'm waiting to see if it turns into a war. Haha And I just realized I haven't introduced myself. I used to post here years ago, but took a little break from my make up addiction when I had a baby and was working full time. Anyway, I'm Twiggy, I live in Pittsburgh and I'm part owner of my fiancés concrete company. I used to be known as the queen of color when I worked at Sephora and Macys, but I've toned down my look quite a bit lately. So hello everyone!
Welcome! I'm new here too. Well, actually I guess you're not really new so much as present after a long absence? I love this place so far. Everyone is very helpful and kind! I'm loving talking to other makeup junkies like me!