MAC x Rocky Horror Picture Show Collection (Oct 2, 2014)

HappyHippy

If I have swatches I will post them. Are pictures from a phone okay? And I get 90 lipsticks. I bet all colours are diffrent ;) I had a boatload of make-up. Then a nasty break-up with my ex boyfriend and after that I could start over from scratch. I now live in a tiny studio with a very eco consious boyfriend so I have a lipstick max of *insert drumroll* 18 lipsticks. Think that 18 lipsticks will sound like a super tiny amouth to most of you guys. Ofcourse that is not a solid max. Only empty holes in the organizer count. So not my Rouge G's wich I store elswhere and every coat or bag that hides a lipstick will not be counted as well so there is some wiggeling room.

pocketmouse

I'm calling hogwash! I was born after the movie was released and I've heard of it!
lol.gif
tong.gif
Agreed :p
I was born in the early 90s and there was a period of time where I knew the whole movie by heart/had seen it in theaters 15+ times
icon_eek.gif
(I was in middle school & my group of friends were obsessed, we even requested and danced to the Time Warp at a school dance, and were boo'd by a buncha h8rs-- the DJ told them to be quiet or he would play the song again LOL)

Vandekamp

If I have swatches I will post them. Are pictures from a phone okay? And I get 90 lipsticks. I bet all colours are diffrent ;) I had a boatload of make-up. Then a nasty break-up with my ex boyfriend and after that I could start over from scratch. I now live in a tiny studio with a very eco consious boyfriend so I have a lipstick max of *insert drumroll* 18 lipsticks. Think that 18 lipsticks will sound like a super tiny amouth to most of you guys. Ofcourse that is not a solid max. Only empty holes in the organizer count. So not my Rouge G's wich I store elswhere and every coat or bag that hides a lipstick will not be counted as well so there is some wiggeling room.
Pictures from the phone are fine. Wow. 18. When I think about it I would have to say that only 10-12 of my lipsticks get most of the love anyway so it makes perfect sense to me.

Yazmin

When I think of RHPS, I always flash back to the early 80s when my local theater would have midnight showings, and my sister would go decked out in a purple leather (or pleather, maybe? I'll have to ask her) jumpsuit and her only other accessory was a spray water bottle, which a theater employee confiscated. I can still picture her now.

CabaretKitten

Riff-Raff Eyeshadow Palette ($44.00 U.S. / $53.00 CDN) (Limited Edition) Graphic Style Deep silver (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote) Oh, Rocky!!! Soft muted white with pearl (Frost) Carbon Black Intense black (Matte) Heavy, Black and Pendulous Grayish blue with pearl (Frost) Blackberry Muted burgundy-plum brown (Matte) (Permanent) Crystal Violet duochrome with pearl (Frost) (Permanent) (Info from Temptalia) Oh man, I really wish the palette were all new colors JUST so they could have named them all amazing things like "Heavy, Black and Pendulous ". Haha This might just have gotten back on the list... On another note: this collection is apparently big enough that even my boyfriend heard about it and told me "So, I'm guessing you already know this, but..." I decided to just say "oh yeah, I've heard" instead of "yes, I've already been stalking it for a month" All part of the constant battle to hide the crazy.... Haha

CabaretKitten

Oh, does anyone know if Vino will be special packaging? (On the pencil itself, not the box) Temptalia's list shows the slight price increase, but it looks the same as normal in the pictures I've seen.

Dolly Snow

Oh, does anyone know if Vino will be special packaging? (On the pencil itself, not the box) Temptalia's list shows the slight price increase, but it looks the same as normal in the pictures I've seen.
By the look of promo images, some items will only have the box in special packaging. Vino is one of those items.

HappyHippy

Quote:Originally Posted by Vandekamp

Pictures from the phone are fine. Wow. 18. When I think about it I would have to say that only 10-12 of my lipsticks get most of the love anyway so it makes perfect sense to me.

That's such a relieve to hear. I thought that most people here had crazy stashes. Does anybody know if the release dat will be 29 september in Europe to? And is that directly after midnight? This will be my first limited buy and I am already afraid of missing out on the lippies.

Bubek07

i got 7 and a lip tar so far
and i dont wanna have more than 12, thats how much fir in one muji drawer
if i do ill just sell em off as i do with my nail polishes that i restrict my self having not more than 50
so im constantly having some new and some selling off

Mizani

Agreed :p
I was born in the early 90s and there was a period of time where I knew the whole movie by heart/had seen it in theaters 15+ times
icon_eek.gif
(I was in middle school & my group of friends were obsessed, we even requested and danced to the Time Warp at a school dance, and were boo'd by a buncha h8rs-- the DJ told them to be quiet or he would play the song again LOL)
I remember them having midnight showings around here too.

The thing is, I can see if somebody has never seen the movie but never heard of it or just the name in general? LOL

I do apologize to the people who've never heard of it before. Just good-natured teasing.
tong.gif

CarmenK

No BUs for me. I'm trying to move away from BU lipsticks. I rarely use all of my lipsticks so it is a waste of money in the long run for me especially since I have so many lipsticks.
No back ups for me either. Its hard for me to BU a red lipstick since Mac produces them like crazy although Glam came very close
eyelove.gif
The only BU I have at the moment is Dodgy Girl

Vandekamp

No back ups for me either. Its hard for me to BU a red lipstick since Mac produces them like crazy although Glam came very close :eyelove:  The only BU I have at the moment is Dodgy Girl 
Mac does roll out a lot of reds each year. I have to admit that I hve BUs for Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo. I also have 5 BUs for Heroine. I'm almost ashamed to say that.

Mizani

The only lipstick I have backed up in recent memory has been RiRi Woo. I just got one with the original release and the 2nd with the holiday release.

Kaidan

I might get one of the lipsticks, but I'm not sure which one. :/ I already have Sin but it's halfway on the tube, so I guess it might be time to back it up. I'll keep an eye on either Oblivion or Frank-N-Furter. I don't mind the lips packaging because they're an iconic feature from the film. I just hope I get to buy it on time because red lipsticks sell out fast where I'm at. I remember watching the movie as a teenager whenever Vh1 showed the movie at night along with reruns of it. I usually had to sneak and watch in low volume with the lights off because my parents (mainly my dad) weren't fans of the movie and my dad is a big musical hater. Most of my friends at the time weren't fans of the movie either because they found it either too weird for their liking or simply couldn't stay put and watch a damn science fiction double feature musical. My mom caught me one time watching the movie but all she did was sit on the couch to watch the movie with me, and told me stories about how she used to sneak at night from her house when she was a teenager to watch the midnight showings of the movie from the local drive in theater in her neighborhood. The movie was a good and strange mother-daughter bonding time. :)

NaomiH

No back ups for me either. Its hard for me to BU a red lipstick since Mac produces them like crazy although Glam came very close :eyelove:  The only BU I have at the moment is Dodgy Girl 
Mac does roll out a lot of reds each year. I have to admit that I hve BUs for Ruby Woo and RiRi Woo. I also have 5 BUs for Heroine. I'm almost ashamed to say that.
Glam and RRW are the only lippies that I have backups of. Glam :love:

Latest posts