Macy's MAC counter Return Policy

noahlowryfan

Before I have no problems returning something from Macy's but I tried to return something today and here is the MA's response:

Me: Hi, I would like to return this. (hands him the product)
MAC MA: Has it been use?
Me: Yes.
MA: Sorry but we can't do returns on used items because we can't resell it.
Me: Well, can I do an exchange then?
MA: No sorry. (hands me back the product)
Me: Okay then. Thanks.

Has the MAC counter in Macy's change their policy on returning used items? I have return a used Beige-ing shadestick 2 months prior with no problems. Should I try to do a return again with a different MA?

te.amo.mac

Did he even ask if you had your receipt? I would go back and see if you can't catch a different MA and i would contact MAC Customer Service and let them know what happened.

Dizzyray822

He is totally wrong. Anything returned whether used or not is NOT supposed to be resold. I would go to another MA or ask to talk to a manager. I just exchanged something yesterday, used, with no problems. He was just probably being an a**hole. I dont know but I personally spend waaaaayyy too much money there for them to tell me I cant exchange the few things I dont like on me. I know my counter doesn't want to loose my business by doing that.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by te.amo.mac
Did he even ask if you had your receipt? I would go back and see if you can't catch a different MA and i would contact MAC Customer Service and let them know what happened.

i handed him the product and the receipt but he still wouldn't accept it.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyray822
He is totally wrong. Anything returned whether used or not is NOT supposed to be resold. I would go to another MA or ask to talk to a manager. I just exchanged something yesterday, used, with no problems. He was just probably being an a**hole. I dont know but I personally spend waaaaayyy too much money there for them to tell me I cant exchange the few things I dont like on me. I know my counter doesn't want to loose my business by doing that.

i'm going back tomorrow. if i get that "no" answer again, that counter loses my business and i'm going to complain to MAC.

Bernadette

I work at a MAC counter in a Macy's.... the only time we can't return/exchange something is if there is no box or reciept. Otherwise with one or the other, used or not it can be returned/exchange. I honestly don't remember the time period within which returns can be made, I want to say 30 days, might be longer (my coutner just opened, still learning the ins and outs of Macy's.)

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I work at a MAC counter in a Macy's.... the only time we can't return/exchange something is if there is no box or reciept. Otherwise with one or the other, used or not it can be returned/exchange. I honestly don't remember the time period within which returns can be made, I want to say 30 days, might be longer (my coutner just opened, still learning the ins and outs of Macy's.)

Macy's used to be 90 days but now only 30 day with reciept & box (they need the code obviously)
If this would have happened to me i would have requested to see a manager, or if they are not available they can call the 1-800 right there and clarify the problem! Please don't let stupid people ruin your experience ...
smiles.gif

dmenchi

just to add ,you could report this guy for breaking internal policies as far as the "resell" bs goes....if you wanted to be a bitch _lol

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette

Macy's return policy is that we can return/exchange within 180 days.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
Macy's used to be 90 days but now only 30 day with reciept & box (they need the code obviously)
If this would have happened to me i would have requested to see a manager, or if they are not available they can call the 1-800 right there and clarify the problem! Please don't let stupid people ruin your experience ...
smiles.gif

i have it for a little over 60 days and i live in California and the return/exchange policy for Macy's is within 180 days. does each counter have their own return/exchange counter at Macy's?

astronaut

I used to work at Macy's and am sure it's 180 days. Not sure about MAC though. They use the same reciept roll so l don't see why not.

macslut

I used to work for Macys and as far as I know, MAC has the same return policy as the store does. I never returned makeup....I told the customers they had to return it in makeup (which was true).

Is he new? Was he rude about it? I would talk to the counter manager.

Don't mention "I spend so much money in this store (at this counter, etc)..." because they can find someone who spends more and all it does is irritate the person. I always appreciated it and bent over backwards for customers who didn't try to pull that sort of thing. One story comes to mind is the woman that wanted to use her boyfriend's Macy's card which she didn't have with her, didn't know his info to look it up, and wanted me to call him to get the info. No, I wouldn't do it. She said "Oh, well I hope you know you lost this sale." I almost busted out laughing as I had just finished following one of my regulars around like a puppy dog. She dropped $3000 in that sale. (She is also an awesome person...alot of fun, very personable). That day I lost a $30 sale. I wasn't crying. She also complained to the manager....who happens to love me and I can do no wrong in his eyes. He told her that I was following corporate policy.
rofl.gif
I still smile when I think of that.

(I hope all that made sense)

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut
I used to work for Macys and as far as I know, MAC has the same return policy as the store does. I never returned makeup....I told the customers they had to return it in makeup (which was true).

Is he new? Was he rude about it? I would talk to the counter manager.

Don't mention "I spend so much money in this store (at this counter, etc)..." because they can find someone who spends more and all it does is irritate the person. I always appreciated it and bent over backwards for customers who didn't try to pull that sort of thing. One story comes to mind is the woman that wanted to use her boyfriend's Macy's card which she didn't have with her, didn't know his info to look it up, and wanted me to call him to get the info. No, I wouldn't do it. She said "Oh, well I hope you know you lost this sale." I almost busted out laughing as I had just finished following one of my regulars around like a puppy dog. She dropped $3000 in that sale. (She is also an awesome person...alot of fun, very personable). That day I lost a $30 sale. I wasn't crying. She also complained to the manager....who happens to love me and I can do no wrong in his eyes. He told her that I was following corporate policy.
rofl.gif
I still smile when I think of that.

(I hope all that made sense)

i have never seen him before so he might be new. I'm not so sure. no, he wasn't rude about it. but when i got to the counter, it looks like he was leaving the counter.

nics1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyray822

iagree.gif
. He was just being an A$$ !! Try another Macy's.. Or, even if you go back to this one, talk to the manager, like many others here suggested.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nics1972
iagree.gif
. He was just being an A$$ !! Try another Macy's.. Or, even if you go back to this one, talk to the manager, like many others here suggested.

i'm heading back to the same Macy's but to a different counter. We got 2 MAC counters in Macy's. one in the cosmetics department and one in the Juniors department. i went to the one in the Juniors department. maybe i should have went to the counter in the cosmetics department.

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i have it for a little over 60 days and i live in California and the return/exchange policy for Macy's is within 180 days. does each counter have their own return/exchange counter at Macy's?

Actually mac @ Macy's has the same policy as any MAC. 30 days! This is something that applies to all counters within stores.MAC has it's own Estee lauder policies .

aziajs

I haven't had any luck with used product returns at Macy's. I have been told several times that they won't accept them. I had a defective used product that they returned but other than that, no luck. I was told awhile back that the return policy changed and that they can longer accept used products. I was in the store one day and someone was trying to return something they used and they were told the same thing and also that the MAC store has the same policy. The ONLY place that never hassled me was Nordstrom.

astronaut

I've never had any problems returning used makeup to Macy's, Sephora, MAC store, and of course Nordstrom.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
Actually mac @ Macy's has the same policy as any MAC. 30 days! This is something that applies to all counters within stores.MAC has it's own Estee lauder policies .

I don't think so. The receipt from a MAC Counter inside macy's says "180 days" on the back. I recently returned MAC moisture fix I bought almost six months ago, right before the 180 days because turns out I was allergic to it, and had no problems at the Macy's.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i have never seen him before so he might be new. I'm not so sure. no, he wasn't rude about it. but when i got to the counter, it looks like he was leaving the counter.

Sound like he might have been in a hurry to leave and was an ass so he just wanted you to leave.