Makeup Bag Questions

CantAffordMAC

I am wondering--Do you guys carry your makeup with you all day long?

I carry certain things with me all the time: Foundation, Concealer, Liner, Lipstick/Gloss, Eyeshadows....

I actually need a bigger makeup bag, but it already takes up most of my purse as it is. I feel as though I should always carry my makeup with me all day.

Also...do you carry around your makeup brushes? I have a brush roll with like 17 brushes in it--of course I don't carry the whole thing. But maybe I should get a separate little pouch for the brushes?

What do you guys carry around everyday as far as makeup goes?

chocodcocoa

I carry a retractable powder brush, a translucent powder compact, blotting paper and whatever lippies/glosses I wore that day =D

Kuuipo

I work long shifts with no break! I keep blotting papers, a tube of lipstick that won't melt (NARS) in my pocket and a tube of gloss, thats it. My shadow never comes off till I wash it off, and neither does the rest of my makeup (its all NARS except for Fibrewig mascara and TooFaced First Base). I have oily skin so I blot every few hours, but after 16 hours it still looks fresh and new! (someone always asks me "going to work?" on my way home, makes me feel good!) I won't use products that don't go the distance for me....I don't have time to reapply anything but lipstick.
I carry handlotion. I can wash my hands sometimes twenty or more times an hour due to handling body fluids and specimens, and doing exams. I always have a tube of lotion in my pocket.

liv

When I have class, I just take along a lipbalm/gloss! But when I actually go out somewhere, I like to take my Trish McEvoy pink mini planner. I usually put a retractable brush (A pink BE or the new Stila #31 I just bought =]), Studio Fix compact, lipstick/gloss (last time, MAC Plink! and BE Amber Buxom lipgloss), Revlon colorstay liner, blot sheets I bought from Sally's, and a mini GWP stila blush. I *very* rarely take shadows with me in my purse. I'm scared they will break. I usually end up with a ton of glosses in my purses/pockets/coats because I take a new one every day, so I have to re-find them later. =]

NutMeg

Do you actually use all of the stuff you haul around with you? Because if you need to reapply foundation and concealer throughout the day, you might want to look into a new brand. Same goes for eyeshadows... Certain products wear off throughout the day, like lip products, but other than that you should be expecting more from your makeup. I usually only carry whatever lip product I'm wearing because I don't need to touch up the rest.

VeXedPiNk

I have a make-up bag in my purse that contains mascara, eyeliner, pressed powder, lip gloss and sometimes an eyeshadow or lipstick that I throw in.

Just enough to touch up throughout the day if need be.

urbanlilyfairy

I used to carry alot ...but once i discovered face primer, UDPP, paints, and shadesticks ...I don't need all that stuff ..cuz the makeup pretty much stays fresh all day.

THe only thing I do carry ..is my blot powder compact, 1 lipstick, 1 gloss, and lib balm. My lipstick never stays on or gloss so im forever applying those ..and my skin is pretty oily so i use the blotting stuff throughtout the day..

I do want to try to get a Nars mulitple ..so I can have color for lips and cheeks in one item hehe ...

but thats about it ...everything else I just don't need to reapply.

But yeah I used to carry around a full face and a few eye brushes ..shit even my lash curler lol ...then I realized it was just all too much ..hehe

spectrolite

I've lightened my load quite a bit in an effort to keep my bag light and more spacious. Now I just have a small cosmetic bag with a mirror, blotting papers, lip balm, an eyebrow pencil with a brush on one end, 2 lipglosses, MAC Blot powder and the MAC 129SE brush.

corngrl2

I usually carry a neutral lipglass (viva glam v is my fav), lipgloss(my purse seems to be littered with them), blot papers, a concealor for any random breakouts, hand cream, some hair ties, and my origins ginger roll on fragrance. I used to carry a whole arsenal of makeup before i found MAC and other higher quality brands that last all day.

aziajs

I carry:

Blot Powder - MAC Dark
2 lipglasses - Madcap (LOOOOOOVE) & Prrr
2 lip liners - Hover & Subculture
Mascara - Plushlash in black
Eyebrow pencil - CG Eye & Brow Makers in Black
Eyeliner - Smolder

anaibb

Although I like to carry BIG bags, I have a small makeup bag. Right at this moment I have blot sheets, lip balm, lip gloss and some hair pins. And I also tossed a white pencil to paint under my nails a while ago. I'm still trying to figure out why is it there!

fashionette

I have a small makeup bag in my purse that contains the blush I'm wearing, a gloss, lip balm, eyelash curler, a powder compact, a blush brush, concealer, bobby pins and rubber bands and a small tube of mascara in case of makeup emergencies. Sounds like a lot but it doesn't take up any space at all.

coachkitten

The only things I carry with me all day are Heartfelt Pink lipglass, Dervish Lip Liner, blot powder, concealer, and brow gel. Anything more and I feel weighed down!
smiles.gif

ilovecheese

I used to carry much more last week, but have cleaned it up since then. So I have a kohl stick, blotting sheets, Revlon powder compact, a tiny 5 ml bottle of Eze perfume, lipstick, lipgloss, Revlon Colour Delights eye-shadow quad and small square of Rimmel cheek/eye/lip blush combo (it's quite ancient). I used to carry one more quad of ELF e/s quad in grey, one more lipgloss. I have a small size make-up kit, which fits this all, but is still quite slim enough!

Willa

I carry 2 or 3 lipgloss that I don't use
lol.gif

And same thing for 2 lipsticks
And a retractable compact blush

I always a mascara with me but its old so I don't use it
I should throw it away hehehe

COBI

Every day, I only have a l/l, l/s, and l/g.

If I am going from a full day at work to an evening out, then I put together a few more things for an in-between touchup. Usually, just a pressed powder and a blush (for some more color).

Since I began using UDPP, my eyecolor lasts forever unless I rub my eyes a lot. I've never had a problem with needing to retouch mascara.

In all honesty, before I started using MAC a few years ago, my makeup would be gone within 2 hours. So I agree with Nutmeg, if you need to reapply it all, you may want to look at what you are using.

amelia.jayde

i carry whatever i'm wearing on my lips that day, some blotting papers and an eyeliner pencil.. incase my eyes water and it comes off of my waterline.

gigglegirl

I carry around my blot powder compact though rarely if ever need to use it. I SHOULD be putting in the lipstick i put on, but I haven't. LOL In I'd say three months time when I'm done school this is how it will be:

-Blot powder compact
-small puff applicator (I wash these and am going to get a few more to replace)
-lipstick
-tendertone! (I've only opened one--Pucker--it helps tone down/smooth out my lipstick)
-318--retractable lip brush! This goes with me for me to apply the tendertone--I hate sticking my finger in there.

It'll be pretty small. Wondering about getting a FAFI bag in anticipation.....lol

user68

I dont even have a carry along make up bag (although I probably should)

But I always have my hairbrush, a lipstick/lipgloss, lip balm, studio fix compact and a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag. I dont have a problem with e/s, mascara, liner, or blush wearing off and I work looong hours!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
Do you actually use all of the stuff you haul around with you? Because if you need to reapply foundation and concealer throughout the day, you might want to look into a new brand. Same goes for eyeshadows... Certain products wear off throughout the day, like lip products, but other than that you should be expecting more from you makeup. I usually only carry whatever lip product I'm wearing because I don't need to touch up the rest.

I don't need to reapply. LoL thats why I made this topic--its getting pretty pointless for me to carry around 6 different color eyeshadows, foundation, concealer, etc.

I carry around my Studio Fix for the mirror. I really want a better makeup bag, but the good thing about the one that I have is that its washable (it gets pretty dirty). I think I will buy a little mirror (so I can stop carrying around my foundation), keep a lip liner/lipgloss/and lipstick in my purse. And maybe an eyeliner.

I'm paranoid. What if it rains and I'm going out and I get soaked and I have no makeup? What if I am taking pictures and forgot my lipstick/gloss?
lol.gif