Man Candy

NaomiH

Men in kilts,eh? Have you heard that Outlander has been made a mini-series for Starz and is airing this summer?

http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander
I have! My friend Heather was telling me about it as she is a big fan of the series. I bought the first book, but have yet to start it.

DMcG9

I have! My friend Heather was telling me about it as she is a big fan of the series. I bought the first book, but have yet to start it.
You know, I only started reading them around last Christmas after years of having them recommended them to me. I finally got the ebook out of the library and I am hooked. Just finished the third book. I am trying to space them out a bit with other books on my list so I'm not bogged down by months of only this story although it'd be very easy to fall into that. I fear the day they run out although the eighth book in the series is supposed to be released this summer too.
Sometimes I'll mention it randomly in conversation and out of the woodwork come a bunch of other friends who love it and have never said anything about it before... It's kind of funny.

NaomiH

You know, I only started reading them around last Christmas after years of having them recommended them to me. I finally got the ebook out of the library and I am hooked. Just finished the third book. I am trying to space them out a bit with other books on my list so I'm not bogged down by months of only this story although it'd be very easy to fall into that. I fear the day they run out although the eighth book in the series is supposed to be released this summer too.
Sometimes I'll mention it randomly in conversation and out of the woodwork come a bunch of other friends who love it and have never said anything about it before... It's kind of funny.
I hate it when a series ends, I'm still sad over Harry Potter ending and that was ages ago. lol. I might take it along in case I need a change of pace from my She Wolves book I had planned on bringing with me. Thanks!

DMcG9

I hate it when a series ends, I'm still sad over Harry Potter ending and that was ages ago. lol. I might take it along in case I need a change of pace from my She Wolves book I had planned on bringing with me. Thanks!
I have Harry Potter sadness too. However, now when I go back and read the series in its entirety I love how well-planned out it was from the first book. I love reading back the little things that seem like an insignificant part of the standalone plot in each novel but actually will come back to contribute to the final showdown. J. K. Rowling is awesome.

NaomiH

I have Harry Potter sadness too. However, now when I go back and read the series in its entirety I love how well-planned out it was from the first book. I love reading back the little things that seem like an insignificant part of the standalone plot in each novel but actually will come back to contribute to the final showdown. J. K. Rowling is awesome.
Yes me too! I actually just got done re-reading the series for the bazillionth time a few weeks ago and it still makes me happy to read them and I still end up finding new little meanings that I hadn't noticed before. She created something truly special and magical when she wrote that series.

NaomiH

Speaking of the trip, I have everything ready to go except my makeup bag. I spent an hour last night staring at my lippies and pondering which ones to take with me. Did I choose which ones? No. LOL

DMcG9

Speaking of the trip, I have everything ready to go except my makeup bag. I spent an hour last night staring at my lippies and pondering which ones to take with me. Did I choose which ones? No. LOL
Ah, for me this is always the hardest and slowest part of packing and I am pretty quick at it as long as I have a list. Bring some bright lippies for those damp spring days... :)

User38

heat.gif