My Collection of Japanese and US brand makeup

macgalhk

Hey y'all =) I'm pretty new here but I'd like to share with you my growing collection of makeup! Hope you enjoy =D\

b1.jpg

My face brushes (from left):

BB concealer brush - I use it with BB's corrector and creamy concealer kit for concealing my undereye circles. It's tapered and fits the undereye area perfectly! Thumbs up.

BB powder brush - I use this to set my liquid fdt with Chacott Finishing powder. It has a tapered end which makes it easy to go around the nose areas and undereye areas. It is a good brush but I'm sure you can get something of similar quality at a lower price. So girls, if you have extra money that you don't know where to spend, go get this. If not, I would try something else.

Shu Uemura blush brush - I don't really like this because it's a little too small. It came in a set. Sometimes I use my travel blush brush (which I forgot to take a picture of...)

MAC 168 - This is new! I got it ytd. I'm gonna try to do some contouring with this and see how it works.

MAC 187 - This is new too! I've been using the 190 for a few months now and sometimes I find the application to be a bit "thick". This is why I got the 187 stippling brush to see if it works better.

MAC 190 - It does provide more coverage than using fingers. Also, it keeps your fingers clean and uses less pdt to finish the face. I would recommend this if you want your fdt to give more coverage. When I got my 190, I was thinking of getting the 187 or the 190. I tried the 187 on my hand and it took longer to blend everything together because it took only a little bit of pdt each time. Plus, the 187 was more expensive, so I ended up with the 190. Anyhow, sometimes the application with the 190 is a bit streaky, so I got the 187 too =P

MAC Kabuki brush (182?) - I got this because I needed a powder brush for travelling. Bringing the BB powder brush with me took too much space. This kabuki is soo amazingly soft!!!! I'm still lookin for a container to store this.

b2.jpg

My MAC eye shadow brushes (from left):

MAC 217 - I got this as a birthday present! I absolutely love it! It's a blending brush and it fits into the crease perfectly. You can also use it as an all over e/s brush. If I was only getting one e/s brush from MAC, this is the one.

MAC 219 - This is a new brush I got ytd. I'm planing to use this pencil brush for my lower lash line, to create a really smoky look. The bristles are stiff, so the colouration should be good.

MAC 224 - This is my favourite e/s brush. It blends everything together. No more harsh lines from now on! It's perfect when you're working with dark e/s because they can be a nightmare to blend. But with this brush, it's gonna be a miracle.

MAC 209SE - It got this from a brush set. Sometimes I use it to wing out my eyeliner, but I don't use it often because I'm too lazy to grab another brush to do the wing. The quality of this brush is comparable to the full-sized one.

MAC 212SE - I got this from a brush set too. The quality is comparable to the full-sized one. Sometimes I use this to tightline my eyes.

MAC 217SE - This is BS, I have to say. I knew it before I even bought this because when I saw it at the MAC counter, I noticed that the bristles were pointing out. I didn't have my full-sized 217 at the time, but I knew this was gonna go to the trash someday. It's still here because it's still new.....but I hardly ever use it.

MAC 252SE - This can be used with paintpots and other liquid pdts. It is a bit too stiff, so I don't use it too often.

MAC 275SE - This is my favourite brush from the brush set. The bristles are really soft. the angle is perfect for highlighting your brow bone and the bridge of your nose. I use this every day. LOVE IT!

b3.jpg

My non-MAC eye shadow brushes (from left):

The Body Shop e/s brush - It says it's an eye shadow brush, but I think it's a concealer brush. Anyway, I use it to set my creamy e/s almost every day, when I'm wearing a super natural look.

The Body Shop e/s brush - I don't really know what this e/s brush should be used for. The bristles are too long. Sometimes I use this to smudge my eye liner.

The Body Shop angled brush - I use this to line my eyes with powder e/s. It's big and it saves time! I used to do my brows with this, but it's a little bit too big and I stopped using this for my brows after I get the BB Eye Definer brush.

BB Eye Definer brush - I LOVE this! I use this every day to do my brows. It's stiff, packs on colours, GO GET IT!

BB Ultra-fine eye liner brush - I use this for my long-wear gel eye liner. I think the MAC 266 would be a better alternative for gel liners because this one is too small and difficult to control. Sometimes the line is wiggly and you have to spend more time to make it thicker and straighten it out.

Shu Uemura eye liner/ lip brush - I got this from a brush set. I don't use this for my lips because I've already got another lip brush. I use this for smudging my kohl pencil liners and also for my lower lash line.

Shu Uemura e/e brush - I got this from a brush set too. This is one of my favourite brushes! Also a reason why I didn't get MAC's famous 239 brush. I think the Shu Uemura one is good for me already. It packs on a lot of colours, the bristles are soft. I don't know if there is a full size for this, but there should be. Go get one.

Shu Uemura concealer brush - I got this from a brush set too. As I already have my BB concealer brush, I don't use this for concealing. Instead, I use it for creamy e/s. It works for me, but now a must-have.

b4.jpg

My only lip brush. I don't use it a lot because I don't normally work with dark lip colours. It takes double the time to put on l/s, l/g with a brush than off the tube. It is a good brush though.

p1.jpg

From left:
Giorgio Armani e/s in #4 (black)
GA Matt Silk Fdt in #5
GA Luminous Silk Fdt in #5

p10.jpg

From left:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow and Liner in Pre Nup and Marry Up
Benefit l/s in Party Crasher, I Do I Do and Bouquet Dive

p11.jpg

1st row: NARS Cream Shadow *2
2nd row: NARS eye liner
3rd row: NARS eye brightener

p12.jpg

Majolica Majorca family:
single e/s * 10 , blush * 2, palette, mascara * 3 and mascara primer

p13.jpg

1st row from left:
LUNASOL palette
LUNASOL pressed powder
Estee Lauder Quad
2nd row:
LUNASOL l/g

p14.jpg

From left:
Laura Mercier primer
LM Fdt
LM Secret Camouflage
LM Quad in Wild Violet
LM primer (deluxe sample)

p15.jpg

1st Row from left:
Revlon l/g, l/s, lipglide, slimshine, liquid eye liner, brow pencil, eye liner and 2-way cake
2nd Row from left:
Revlon Colorstay quad, LE blush

p16.jpg

From left:
Bourjois l/g
Bourjois eye liner * 4
Bourjois Fdt * 3

p17.jpg

Miscellaneous:
Octard Concealer *2
Shiseido PN cream shadow
Kose Visee brow gel
The Body Shop e/l * 2
Rimmel Fdt
Mac MSF Dual Backup
Guerlain Loose Powder

p18.jpg

Miscellaneous:
Anna Sui Mascara (Deluxe Sample)
Mabelline XXL
Naris Up mascara & primer
Koji e/l * 4
Koji brow pencil (super fine)
Shiseido Dramatic Lash primer * 2 (should be 3, I forgot to put one of them in)
Koji brow pencil * 2
Kate e/s palette * 2

p19.jpg

Miscellaneous:
Testimo e/s
Haba e/s *2
Kate brow powder (it broke cuz there's not much left)
Privacy Lavender Colour Base
Shiseido Aqua Label base
Lancome l/g
Koji Brow Gel
Rimmel Magnif'eyes
Another Maybelline XXL
Maybelline mascara
Brow Gel (brand forgotten)
TIFFA Silver and Clear liquid liner
Lash jewels (brand forgotten)
Talika lash extensions
T-zone base (brand forgotten)
Becca cheek/lip stain (watermelon)

p2.jpg

1st row from left:
Sofina Very Very Pore Clear Perfect Mousse * 2
Sofina Raycious Smooth Coat Base * 2
Sofina Raycious Face Trick Duo * 3
SofinaBrow and Line Designing
Sofina l/s
Sofina lip base
Sofina Raycious Creamy Fdt
Sofina Raycious Colour Magic (green)
Sofina Aube Lip concealer and liner duo
Sofina Loose Powder

p20.jpg
Miscellaneous:
DUO lash glue
Integrate Brow Powder
False Lashes Clip
Eye Lash Curler ( Shu Uemura and The Body Shop)

p21.jpg

Falsies

p22.jpg

More falsies and Anna Sui mirror (thanks to my dear frd!) and some French Manicure Guides and Nail Decorations

p23.jpg

Integrate Nail Polishes, Random Top Coat, L'oreal Nail Polishes

p24.jpg

Revlon Nail Polishes

p25.jpg

Princess Happy Nail Polishes

p26.jpg

Maybelline Nail Polishes

p3.jpg

Everyday Minerals

p4.jpg

1st row from left:
YSL quad
YSL eye liner
YSL Fdt (Deluxe sample)
YSL mirror/keychain
Kose Esprique Precious Quad
2nd row:
YSL mascara

p5.jpg

MAC!!!!!!
l/s * 4 (Fafi Utterly Frivolous, VG VI, 3N, Vivacious, Neo Sci-fi Pleasureseeker)
l/g * 8 (Neo Sci-fi Grapefruit,Neo Sci-fi Soft and Slow, Dresscamp Fab, 07 Holiday Collections)
Slimshines in Voile, Think Tan and Intimidate

p6.jpg

st Row:
MAC Authentics Face Palette
MAC Smoke Signals Quad * 2
2nd Row:
MAC MSF Duo in Medium Dark and Dark (plus a back up not in this pic)
MAC Mineralized Blush in Love Joy and Dainty
3rd Row:
MAC Heatherette Beauty Powder in Smooth Harmony
MAC Mineralized Blush in Pleasantry
MAC Sheer Tone Shimmer Blush in X-Rocks

p7.jpg

MAC Pigment Samples

p8.jpg

1st Row :
Bobbi Brown Chocolate e/s and l/g palette * 2 ( I love this so much that I got a back up)
BB Blush in Powder Pink
BB e/s in Mahogany
BB l/g in Mauve
BB Creamy Concealer Kit
BB Corrector
2 Row:
BB quad * 2
BB 2-way cake
BB Long Wear Gel Eye Liner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink and Espresso

p9.jpg

BB Raspberry Palette
BB Long Wear Cream Shadow in Galaxy

ammie887

You have such an amazing collection. I'm so jealous....I LOVE Japanese make up.
Is the Shiseido dramatic lash primer any good?

macgalhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammie887
You have such an amazing collection. I'm so jealous....I LOVE Japanese make up.
Is the Shiseido dramatic lash primer any good?

Thanks for taking your time to go through my pics =) Do you have access to Japanese makeup?
I love both Japanese and US make up. The colours with Jap makeup is usu. sheerer but the packaging is ALWAYS so attractive! US makeup is good for bold looks.

The Shisedo dramatical eyes lash primer (sorry I got the name wrong before b/c I wrote it by memory) works quite well for me. It holds the curl and lengthens, but be sure to put it on little by little, or else your black mascara will clump easily. It takes a little time to practise using it. I don't see much thickening effect though. I am on my third one now and will re-purchase. However, I don't think this is the best primer out there. For me, it cost around 900yen, which is equivalent to US$9.00. If so, I think it is worth buying even with up to US$13. But you should defo go for sth else if shipping fee is too much.

icesng

Awesome collection!
I love Japanese cosmetics too!
Sofina Very Very Pore Clear Perfect Mousse and Sofina Raycious Smooth Coat Base , which is better in covering pores? Are they really effective?

User49

Goregous collection! I love make up. I never fail to be amused at looking at hauls/storage/traincases and collections! I love your brush collection especially. Japanese style things are so cute! I've got some 'eyeko' stuff which i purely bought for the packaging. I don't know if it is japanese but it looks it. I'm a sucker for packagin! x

macgalhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by icesng
Awesome collection!
I love Japanese cosmetics too!
Sofina Very Very Pore Clear Perfect Mousse and Sofina Raycious Smooth Coat Base , which is better in covering pores? Are they really effective?

I would say Sofina Raycious Smooth Coat base applied in circular motion =) It does make a difference in covering pores and oil control =)
Very Very Pore Clear Perfect Mousse is a bit too strong for my taste. It dries up my skin too much...

Hope this helps =)

macgalhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
Goregous collection! I love make up. I never fail to be amused at looking at hauls/storage/traincases and collections! I love your brush collection especially. Japanese style things are so cute! I've got some 'eyeko' stuff which i purely bought for the packaging. I don't know if it is japanese but it looks it. I'm a sucker for packagin! x

Thank you =) I think brushes are makeup pdts to invest in b/c they do last a long time and it just makes your life so much easier. I am a sucker for cute packaging too!!!!><><>< I guess most women are like that XP I haven't seen "eyeko" around my area though. How is it?

emeraldjewels

awesome collection! i especially love your brush reviews. how do you find the 187 for liquid foundation, is it worth me buying the 187??

macgalhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldjewels
awesome collection! i especially love your brush reviews. how do you find the 187 for liquid foundation, is it worth me buying the 187??

I definitely find the 187 WAY better for liquid fdt than the 190 if you need light to medium coverage. The best thing about it is that it applies really quickly and evenly, which is a big thumbs-up for anyone who is in a hurry to school or work. Brushes last a long time and is worth investing =) Go get it =)