Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

So here's Liquid Sky Lacquer Blue Hawaiian. It's a thermal polish, but typically I decided to use it on the warmest day of the year so far! Doh! First picture shows it as warm, second as cold (excuse the water, I had to put my hand into freezing cold water to change the colour), and the third one is the gradient. It mostly just looks like one colour, I guess my nails aren't long enough for a proper gradient. It's pretty though, such a lovely spring colour. I stamped it with Pueen #15 plate which worked very well.

Honi

I have been away for so long! I miss you guys :D

Here's some of the latest stuff i've been trying out, Isadora Sugar Nails in pastel spring colors. Quite sheer but some of them are nice.

Essie as gold as it gets and OPI Unforgretably Blue!

Lalalish

I have been away for so long! I miss you guys :D Here's some of the latest stuff i've been trying out, Isadora Sugar Nails in pastel spring colors. Quite sheer but some of them are nice. Essie as gold as it gets and OPI Unforgretably Blue!
I Love that Blue with the Gold! The light pastel sugar Green is right up my alley!

Anitacska

Here's some of the latest stuff i've been trying out, Isadora Sugar Nails in pastel spring colors. Quite sheer but some of them are nice.

The Isadora polishes are a bit too sheer for my liking, but that OPI blue is gorgeous! Welcome back!

MRV

wavey.gif
I agree with Anitacska, the Isadoras look perhaps too sheer, but if you want a delicate mani they will be very nice. Nice mani! I just swatched that Essie yesterday.

Talking about Essie, I'm wearing Resort Fling and Cocktails & Coconuts. I also tried some sea themed images to see how the stamping works. Still some issues, but I'll get there. More important, I just love this colour combo, and Resort Fling is
th_e2cloud9.gif
- perfect light but bright crelly coral! (lighter than in the pic)

Anneri

So here's Liquid Sky Lacquer Blue Hawaiian. It's a thermal polish, but typically I decided to use it on the warmest day of the year so far! Doh! First picture shows it as warm, second as cold (excuse the water, I had to put my hand into freezing cold water to change the colour), and the third one is the gradient. It mostly just looks like one colour, I guess my nails aren't long enough for a proper gradient. It's pretty though, such a lovely spring colour. I stamped it with Pueen #15 plate which worked very well. 
That's a fantastic mani. LOVE! Both the colour and the pattern go so well with each other.
Talking about Essie, I'm wearing Resort Fling and Cocktails & Coconuts. I also tried some sea themed images to see how the stamping works. Still some issues, but I'll get there. More important, I just love this colour combo, and Resort Fling is :cloud9: - perfect light but bright crelly coral! (lighter than in the pic)
Oooooh, I like! Looks a bit like Mac's Design on their summer collection a few years ago - the one with the green packaging? Jenny, wasn't able to quote you and Mintymilky, but lovely manis nevertheless! Glad to see you popping by again! :wavey: MED?! Where are you? Come back in here! Also, some manis: Finally used Girly Bits I Hit my Bunny Phone.
7fbc0498_image.jpeg
This is Kiko 255 and Color Club Beyond.
6c2f4638_image.jpeg
And this is the girliest mani I've ever done - Pink Raindrops, and a jelly sandwich with a discon Essence and DD Today was a Fairytale. I used some glitters from the DD and put them on the Illamasqua.
3164601d_image.jpeg

Fuzzy

Oh, no! How can that happen? Maybe there was a torsion in the bottle, and something made it crack? It's a lovely colour, glad you were able to resque it.

Lovely! Very springy.

wavey.gif
I agree with Anitacska, the Isadoras look perhaps too sheer, but if you want a delicate mani they will be very nice. Nice mani! I just swatched that Essie yesterday.

Talking about Essie, I'm wearing Resort Fling and Cocktails & Coconuts. I also tried some sea themed images to see how the stamping works. Still some issues, but I'll get there. More important, I just love this colour combo, and Resort Fling is
th_e2cloud9.gif
- perfect light but bright crelly coral! (lighter than in the pic)

Coral stamps on coral polish!
amuse.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

That's a fantastic mani. LOVE! Both the colour and the pattern go so well with each other.
Oooooh, I like! Looks a bit like Mac's Design on their summer collection a few years ago - the one with the green packaging?

Jenny, wasn't able to quote you and Mintymilky, but lovely manis nevertheless!
Glad to see you popping by again!
wavey.gif

MED?! Where are you? Come back in here!

Also, some manis:

Finally used Girly Bits I Hit my Bunny Phone.

This is Kiko 255 and Color Club Beyond.

And this is the girliest mani I've ever done - Pink Raindrops, and a jelly sandwich with a discon Essence and DD Today was a Fairytale. I used some glitters from the DD and put them on the Illamasqua.

Your super girly mani is so cute!

It is currently 9C in Toronto. I have my window all the way open! LOL I'm pretty sure it hasn't been this warm in about a million years
thud.gif

Anitacska

eyelove.gif
love the colour!

Love the blue & gold!

Coral stamps on coral polish!
amuse.gif

Your super girly mani is so cute!

It is currently 9C in Toronto. I have my window all the way open! LOL I'm pretty sure it hasn't been this warm in about a million years
thud.gif
Thanks!

It was 18 degrees here yesterday! Crazy!

My Emily de Molly order has arrived from 11 days ago (when she had the international shipping offer), very pleased with how quickly it came. As well as the polishes I also got a stamping plate with peacock designs. It's really large with great pictures.

Anneri

Anitacska, if you need the DD in your life asap, I noticed yesterday that MeiMei has it. Btw, I wanted to ask you what company offers the best stamping plates? Any preferences? I only own some from Essence and it drives me crazy that designs meant to cover the whole nail never covers mine completely.

MRV

The bottle looked like it had been dropped on its top and smashed in. Still, noone owned up to it, so I'll just file it under one of those things. Thanks, I really liked this mani too.:)

I love yours, it's really nice. Great stamping too!

My Emily de Molly order has arrived from 11 days ago (when she had the international shipping offer), very pleased with how quickly it came. As well as the polishes I also got a stamping plate with peacock designs. It's really large with great pictures.

Thanks! Love that peacock plate! I had my eye on it when I checked out EdM. It's also available (but SO atm) at FF. I have to put it on my list.

Anitacska

Ooh, you're right! Why didn''t I think of that! There are also the coral compacts with corals on them, but unfortunately I don't have any of them. I see I have have skipped some other nice looking items, too. To the Beach is one of the best summer collections!

Lovely manis! Lovely chrome, and that Kiko reminds me of Zoya Aurora (stronger I think) and the DD of EdM Bellissima.

girlhaha.gif
We have the same here, but only in 50 years.

Thanks! Love that peacock plate! I had my eye on it when I checked out EdM. It's also available (but SO atm) at FF. I have to put it on my list.
Yes, you should definitely get it, it looks great. I think I'll use it with a multichrome polish like Aurora, which kind of looks like the colours of a peacock's feathers.

For now I have another Liquid Sky Lacquer thermal, this is 24 Karat Rose. My daughter was very excited about the other thermal polish and asked me to do this. My friend who I was having coffee with kept staring at my nails, in the end she asked how it was changing colour. It's gold when it's cold, rosy pink when warm. I also did some stamping on it, of course a rose design. Only thing I'm not happy about is the shrinkage/tipwear.

Fuzzy

Thanks, I've ordered it!
yahoo.gif

Well, I'm still a novice at stamping and only tried Konad and Pueen, so far I prefer Pueen. It has a pack with plates that have one whole big design on them, so you can stamp whichever part of the plate, so it should definitely fit on your nails. The EdM plate has bigger designs too. This is the Pueen one: http://www.harlowandco.org/collections/pueen-cosmetics/products/pueen-buffet-nail-art-plate-set It's sold out at the moment, but I'm sure it will be restocked. They also have their own website, and I think they deliver internationally.

Yes, you should definitely get it, it looks great. I think I'll use it with a multichrome polish like Aurora, which kind of looks like the colours of a peacock's feathers.

For now I have another Liquid Sky Lacquer thermal, this is 24 Karat Rose. My daughter was very excited about the other thermal polish and asked me to do this. My friend who I was having coffee with kept staring at my nails, in the end she asked how it was changing colour. It's gold when it's cold, rosy pink when warm. I also did some stamping on it, of course a rose design. Only thing I'm not happy about is the shrinkage/tipwear.

oooh I like that one too
th_drool.gif
too bad about the tipwear/shrinkyness.

I should have done my other thermal Dance Legend polish today because my nails are so long, but I said I would try to replicate the LTD S paint job and I think I did. Hopefully a few of the photos are decent LOL Another warm day here, there's a river running down the street and sidewalk... too bad it's getting cold tonight and it's going to snow AGAIN. Booo. Hiss.

Fuzzy

Ok here we go: the car was a deep 'candy' blue with a sparse silver metal flake. So I used Cult Nails Living Water with a coat of Nfu Oh JS30 - living water is too green on its own.
0fec7d65_image.jpeg
8fd86d28_image.jpeg
9155e885_image.jpeg
a96877a7_image.jpeg

Anitacska

Nice haul!

oh and I've had Corelle bowls break themselves sitting nicely in the cupboard... sometimes glass is weird lol

oooh I like that one too
th_drool.gif
too bad about the tipwear/shrinkyness.

I should have done my other thermal Dance Legend polish today because my nails are so long, but I said I would try to replicate the LTD S paint job and I think I did. Hopefully a few of the photos are decent LOL Another warm day here, there's a river running down the street and sidewalk... too bad it's getting cold tonight and it's going to snow AGAIN. Booo. Hiss.
Well, there you go, maybe it did break on its own...

Harlow & Co are having a KBShimmer restock tomorrow (permanent line) and Friday (spring collection) in case anyone's interested.

MRV

Well, there you go, maybe it did break on its own...

Harlow & Co are having a KBShimmer restock tomorrow (permanent line) and Friday (spring collection) in case anyone's interested.
Dang, I just noticed this. I will be at a house warming party all evening. I think it's better if I'll wait for the next restock all things considered.

This is one of the newest FFs: Noxious Mire

chartreuse holo with small gold flecks

Fuzzy

That's a great idea!

Love the polish! It's perfect for roses. Do you mean it changes color like while you're drinking coffee? I have to put on a thermal asap. I've totally forgotten about them. I was supposed to wear one when the winter comes but as it lasted only 2 weeks, so...

A lovely deep blue. Must have been a fine looking car!

Dang, I just noticed this. I will be at a house warming party all evening. I think it's better if I'll wait for the next restock all things considered.

This is one of the newest FFs: Noxious Mire

chartreuse holo with small gold flecks
The paint was probably the only thing holding together the car after 18 and a half years! It looked very of it's era, which had long passed in December of 1999 when parts of the engine failed beyond fixing(would have needed replacement) and a new car was purchased. I'd have my Dad look for a picture, but he's on an insane work deadline and I can't for the life of my find the regular version of this car photographed anywhere! ...and I thought the internet had everything- harumph!
girlhaha.gif

here's an advertisement of a 2 year older model LTD wagon with the same paint job, grille, hubcaps and hood ornament.

Just imagine it's a 4-door sedan with a solid (not slotted) bumper!
lol.gif
we even had the whitewall tires!

I'm gonna have to wait on any restocks, the credit card company said my card had been possibly compromised and said I can't use my card online until I get my new card number and activate it. Boo. Hopefully that will be during this week, I don't like feeling held hostage. Then I have to change my card on everything and memorize a new number
rants.gif

I love the name Noxious Mire! Great mani!

Anitacska

The paint was probably the only thing holding together the car after 18 and a half years! It looked very of it's era, which had long passed in December of 1999 when parts of the engine failed beyond fixing(would have needed replacement) and a new car was purchased. I'd have my Dad look for a picture, but he's on an insane work deadline and I can't for the life of my find the regular version of this car photographed anywhere! ...and I thought the internet had everything- harumph!
girlhaha.gif

here's an advertisement of a 2 year older model LTD wagon with the same paint job, grille, hubcaps and hood ornament.

Just imagine it's a 4-door sedan with a solid (not slotted) bumper!
lol.gif
we even had the whitewall tires!

I'm gonna have to wait on any restocks, the credit card company said my card had been possibly compromised and said I can't use my card online until I get my new card number and activate it. Boo. Hopefully that will be during this week, I don't like feeling held hostage. Then I have to change my card on everything and memorize a new number
rants.gif

I love the name Noxious Mire! Great mani!
We used to have a Lada 1.2 in grass green colour!
lol.gif
Something like this:

Sorry to hear about your credit card, that's really annoying. My husband lost ours once and sometimes they decide you've used it too much online and block it, so I have to phone up to say, I really buy that much stuff online, lol. I now have a couple of other ones I use and he has his company card, so we're covered.

My Rainbow Connection order came today and guess what, the Liquid Sky Lacquer polish I ordered came broken! I'm not having much luck with these bottles, am I? She will send a new one with my next order or refund me, so it's alright, just annoying. The other stuff was absolutely fine.

Also, I went shopping and came home with this lot. Oops!
blush-anim-cl.gif

The top one is actually really nice purple with bright purple beads. The bottom one is glow in the dark. Cool!

Fuzzy

This is a lovely colour! Yes, the thermal polish changes depending on the warmth of my hands and the air around. It doesn't have to be anything hot, room temperature makes it lighter, and then when I'm outside (it was 6 C this morning!), it's darker.  We used to have a Lada 1.2 in grass green colour! :lol:  Something like this: Sorry to hear about your credit card, that's really annoying. My husband lost ours once and sometimes they decide you've used it too much online and block it, so I have to phone up to say, I really buy that much stuff online, lol. I now have a couple of other ones I use and he has his company card, so we're covered. My Rainbow Connection order came today and guess what, the Liquid Sky Lacquer polish I ordered came broken! I'm not having much luck with these bottles, am I? She will send a new one with my next order or refund me, so it's alright, just annoying. The other stuff was absolutely fine. Also, I went shopping and came home with this lot. Oops! :blush: The top one is actually really nice purple with bright purple beads. The bottom one is glow in the dark. Cool! 
You would never have trouble finding that car in a parking lot! :amused: I would hope my card company has noticed that the vast majority of purchases I make are online over the past 8 years! LOL who knows what it was. They won't tell you a specific store or anything and I generally use Paypal on sites that aren't Canadian so I can see exactly what I'm paying. Nice haul! Too bad about the broken one. Maybe the bottles that Liquid Sky used weren't properly annealed? I got Dollish Polish Beach Glass in the mail, it'll go nicely with all those blue & white summer dresses I have... IF IT EVER STOPS SNOWING!!! sorry, I have problems :lol:
5e483c22_image.jpeg
ea522b7b_image.jpeg

Anitacska

That's a nice polish. It could work with the snow as well, with it being blue and white?

Here's my mani, I'm really pleased with this one. It's Topshop Imagination stamped with Konad blue polish using Konad M82 and Pueen 36 plates.

And another little haul, the FUN Lacquer spring trio from Rainbow Connection.

Anitacska

Swatches of the new China Glaze Surprise collection: http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2014/03/China-Glaze-Surprise-Collection-Swatches-Review.html

I quite like these actually.