Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Not sure if you've seen this, but Sophie posted this re Wildfower:

We're sad to announce that we are no longer able to distribute Wildflower Lacquer. We hope to pick back up in 6+mo depending on Taylor's workload, but unfortunately for the moment please consider all stock final. The capped preorder is still running for this newest release, Luminescence; but if a shade actively sells out during the preorder it won't be restocked on the site. So I highly, highly encourage you to pick up Wildflower shades now if you have had your eye on any.
https://femmefatalecosmetics.com.au/.../wildflower-lacquer/
I really hope to bring Wildflower back next year so I have my fingers crossed, and I also wish Taylor much continued success
Oh no, that's so annoying! I've emailed Taylor to find out what's going on, I already had my eye on a few for next release :( Where did Sophie post that? I certainly didn't see it so thank you for letting me know.

PearlyQueen

Glad your package made it in time!

I haven't even looked at PPU, I try not to as I don't want to place an order. At this point I really don't need any more polishes. I'll probably continue to buy from Femme Fatale and possibly HHC, but I'm restricting myself to them.
Thank you, I was so relieved! Still awaiting the consolidation - I have a huge box of stuff, gonna be expensive (but not quite as much as was in the last one, so hopefully a bit cheaper to ship...). I've been trying to avoid US shopping until I had this box, and will try again until my BF box gets going. I did order the new GLLs to ship to the UK as they don't have stockists. VV and HHC being so lovely about enabling has also helped! I'm trying to control myself a bit more going forward - wish me luck! I did stick to the 3 PPU polishes to keep my Nailland order on track and I will continue in that sort of vein for now. I'm only occasionally buying from RC for brands I can't get elsewhere. And of course HHC. FF was mostly about the Wildflowers, so I'm not sure I'll have much to add to what's already pending there. Maybe the odd one or two I guess. I do have three in my HHC wishlist though! I'm liking Fiona's new spreadsheet!

PearlyQueen

A few more mani pictures, first is Lilypad Lacquer She's All That.

View attachment 71376

Next is Emily de Molly Scared Duty.

View attachment 71377

View attachment 71378

This is Emily de Molly Boats n' Hoes. It was very hard to photograph correctly, it always looked too blue.

View attachment 71379

Finally my current mani, Lilypad Lacquer Pinky Promise. This is supposed to be a dupe for Enchanted I'm Kind of a Big Deal, but mine has faded (the EP), so I can't compare them.

View attachment 71380

View attachment 71381

I also need to take pictures of my pedi, Tonic Polish Rose, but I haven't got around to it yet.

I wore a few other polishes, but didn't take pictures. I think this is already quite an achievement to have so many to show you!
Oh nice and summery! It's good to see you're back polishing and posting again, thank you! You are feeling the holo this season! I really like both of those EdMs.
I still haven't edited mani pics, sorry! Building the anticipation!

PearlyQueen

Oh no, that's so annoying! I've emailed Taylor to find out what's going on, I already had my eye on a few for next release :( Where did Sophie post that? I certainly didn't see it so thank you for letting me know.
OK just got a response, her husband is going back into education and she's working alone going forward, so she is cutting all stockists until she figures out the workload and whether she can manage them on top of the releases. Apparently she will ship direct to the UK though, so if I like them enough I will do that for now. I think she's also planning a rebrand.

Anitacska

I saw it in the Femme Fatale Online Boutique group which she uses for all brands she stocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/846650085428963 Glad to her Taylor will be able to ship to the UK, so you can still shop with her.

PearlyQueen

I saw it in the Femme Fatale Online Boutique group which she uses for all brands she stocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/846650085428963 Glad to her Taylor will be able to ship to the UK, so you can still shop with her.
Thanks Anita, I'm not a member of that so no wonder I didn't see it! Cheers, hopefully direct shipping won't be too expensive (it will!). Going to check if I've done it before, I don't think so though.

PearlyQueen

Thank you, I was so relieved! Still awaiting the consolidation - I have a huge box of stuff, gonna be expensive (but not quite as much as was in the last one, so hopefully a bit cheaper to ship...). I've been trying to avoid US shopping until I had this box, and will try again until my BF box gets going. I did order the new GLLs to ship to the UK as they don't have stockists. VV and HHC being so lovely about enabling has also helped! I'm trying to control myself a bit more going forward - wish me luck! I did stick to the 3 PPU polishes to keep my Nailland order on track and I will continue in that sort of vein for now. I'm only occasionally buying from RC for brands I can't get elsewhere. And of course HHC. FF was mostly about the Wildflowers, so I'm not sure I'll have much to add to what's already pending there. Maybe the odd one or two I guess. I do have three in my HHC wishlist though! I'm liking Fiona's new spreadsheet!
Well, more package stress this morning as Stackry still haven't done my consolidation and my first package got to 61 days so they sent me a disposal notice! Emailed and got an auto reply, went to their chatbot and it's offline! So I decided to call them - they were really helpful, told me they would extend the dates for all of my packages to the end of the month "just in case" and that I should probably get my consolidation complete notice in about an hour. They're always lovely when I phone them. So good news all round on that, I can calm down!
ETA - Paid, processing, on way soon! It was nearly as expensive as my BF one.

Last edited:

Anitacska

Well, more package stress this morning as Stackry still haven't done my consolidation and my first package got to 61 days so they sent me a disposal notice! Emailed and got an auto reply, went to their chatbot and it's offline! So I decided to call them - they were really helpful, told me they would extend the dates for all of my packages to the end of the month "just in case" and that I should probably get my consolidation complete notice in about an hour. They're always lovely when I phone them. So good news all round on that, I can calm down!
ETA - Paid, processing, on way soon! It was nearly as expensive as my BF one.
What a rollercoaster ride! Glad you got it sorted. Have you received your package yet? Hope you like your polishes.

PearlyQueen

My package finally arrived safely on Thursday - one missing polish (refunded by Pahlish), one missing bag of flakies and one burst liquid pigment from DRK - awaiting a response to my email.
Here is the first of my many missing manis:
DSC00839.JPG DSC00843.JPG DSC00845.JPG
This is Polished for Days Willow. I really liked this - in real life all of that nail line showing in the pics was not visible at all. However, I did it just a day before going into the office, wore my latex gloves for a day, when I got home this was chipped. This happens occasionally but most of my polishes are much more robust in the gloves. I remember Anitacska Anitacska you said that PfDs chip quickly on you - maybe there is a formula problem (I hope not, I have so many!). However, as I said this was stunning to wear, I was sad it had to go so quickly. Next mani to follow once edited!

PearlyQueen

What a rollercoaster ride! Glad you got it sorted. Have you received your package yet? Hope you like your polishes.
Oh how weird, simultaneous posting! I love my new polishes, the Bluebirds were worth all the stress, the Daveens were nicer than I expected and pretty much everything is really bright and pretty! FedEx were a bit weird, expected delivery - Friday, out for delivery - Wednesday. Failed delivery notice Wednesday afternoon, arrived when I was at work on Thursday morning!

PearlyQueen

Second missing mani!
DSC00850.JPG DSC00852.JPG DSC00854.JPG
Illyrian Henosis - not overly taken with this one. In the bottle and what I expected was a pale purple with glowy flakies - the flakies were really nice, but that base was a bit of a pale chameleon, sometimes very pale purple, sometimes grey, sometimes a taupey brown. It was not my favourite - though at least not another dark purple!

PearlyQueen

Next up is Victorian Varnish Bottled Wind Power:
DSC00893.JPG DSC00896.JPG DSC00898.JPG DSC00900.JPG
Love this so much - I wore it in 1 coat, but there were bald spots visible in daylight, you can't see them here and they weren't bad enough to have to correct or change it. Stunner.

PearlyQueen

The final mani before today's fresh one which isn't photographed yet is Illyrian Far From Home:
DSC00912.JPG DSC00914.JPG DSC00916.JPG DSC00920.JPG
So yet another dark purple... I am definitely wondering why I have so many of these! Nice polish though.

Anitacska

My package finally arrived safely on Thursday - one missing polish (refunded by Pahlish), one missing bag of flakies and one burst liquid pigment from DRK - awaiting a response to my email.
Here is the first of my many missing manis:
View attachment 71382 View attachment 71383 View attachment 71384
This is Polished for Days Willow. I really liked this - in real life all of that nail line showing in the pics was not visible at all. However, I did it just a day before going into the office, wore my latex gloves for a day, when I got home this was chipped. This happens occasionally but most of my polishes are much more robust in the gloves. I remember Anitacska Anitacska you said that PfDs chip quickly on you - maybe there is a formula problem (I hope not, I have so many!). However, as I said this was stunning to wear, I was sad it had to go so quickly. Next mani to follow once edited!
This is very pretty. But yes, PfDs just don't stay on me at all (nothing really does for several days, but they seem to be the worst). Sorry it didn't last well on you either.

Anitacska

Second missing mani!
View attachment 71385 View attachment 71386 View attachment 71387
Illyrian Henosis - not overly taken with this one. In the bottle and what I expected was a pale purple with glowy flakies - the flakies were really nice, but that base was a bit of a pale chameleon, sometimes very pale purple, sometimes grey, sometimes a taupey brown. It was not my favourite - though at least not another dark purple!
This looks nice, but I know what you mean, it's a bit pale and boring. I don't think I have this one.

Anitacska

I have a couple of manis and my pedi to show. First is Ciate Part Time Mermaid. I liked it, nice shifty turquise.

20240805_134053.jpg

20240805_134336.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Cydonia Glimmer. This is one of my older Femme Fatales, I'd been wanting to wear it for ages. The flakies were a bit annoying, some were sticking out, but it's a lovely colour.

20240807_133147.jpg

20240807_134939.jpg

Finally my pedi, Tonic Polish Rose. Not the best picture, but it's nice and shifty.

20240805_134356.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have a couple of manis and my pedi to show. First is Ciate Part Time Mermaid. I liked it, nice shifty turquise.

View attachment 71396

View attachment 71397

Next is Femme Fatale Cydonia Glimmer. This is one of my older Femme Fatales, I'd been wanting to wear it for ages. The flakies were a bit annoying, some were sticking out, but it's a lovely colour.

View attachment 71398

View attachment 71399

Finally my pedi, Tonic Polish Rose. Not the best picture, but it's nice and shifty.

View attachment 71400
These are all really nice! I love the Ciate - never tried that brand and don't need another one to buy but it's so pretty! The FF is a nice summery colour, shame the flakies were a bit naughty. The Tonic is a nice shade.