NARS Multiples

carinapieries

Was thinking of buying a NARS multiple but wanted to know what you ladies think of them first. Im looking for something to give my asian skin abit of a glow as I tend to look washed out sometimes!

Carina
xx

user3

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...Nars+Multiples
that thread should help a little bit.

They are ok for me. A bit overpriced. I only own one but I would like more. It's just the price I have a problem with.
They go on really nice and have this sort of cream powder finish.

If you choose to get one you can always ask for rec's in the recommendation forum.

carriesshoes

I only own 1 as well. Mine is "Mustique" which goes well with my NC35 olive skin. I have to say though... I have combination oily/normal skin and I find that the multiple doesn't last and is too oily for me.

I should have learnt by now that it doesn't matter what I do creme formula blush doesn't work for me.

artemisa

I looove multiples!!! I own 9 of them, and I plan to get all of them. The price is quite high, but you get a high quality product and there is so much in there that I guess I will never finish one.
I love them because of the sheer finish, the cream to powder consistency and because they're easy to carry on the bag for touch-ups and they don't easily break as a normal powder blush.
I also use them as e/s base and for lips

carinapieries

Thanks for the replies girls. I went to the NARS counter in Bluewater and the sales girl said she recommends Maldives for women with darker skintones. I was thinking isnt that the shade that looks rather pink on the NARs site but when she applied it to the back of my hand it looked great! It gives a subtle sheen to the skin which is what I was after. Can I just ask, how do you girls apply it?

panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinapieries
Thanks for the replies girls. I went to the NARS counter in Bluewater and the sales girl said she recommends Maldives for women with darker skintones. I was thinking isnt that the shade that looks rather pink on the NARs site but when she applied it to the back of my hand it looked great! It gives a subtle sheen to the skin which is what I was after. Can I just ask, how do you girls apply it?

i blend with my fingers and the 187, sometimes the 190 brush.

macluver

I have St Barts, which looks great on my eyes when I want a natural look. I think it's a bit expensive, but I love some of the colors anyway and would love to get Cannes and Maldive.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesshoes
I only own 1 as well. Mine is "Mustique" which goes well with my NC35 olive skin. I have to say though... I have combination oily/normal skin and I find that the multiple doesn't last and is too oily for me.

I should have learnt by now that it doesn't matter what I do creme formula blush doesn't work for me.

did you try setting it with a loose translucent powder? thats how i get them to stay in place. or even a similar blush color on top to set it.

GalleyGirl

I am NC20 and I have Malibu. It's good as a cheek color, I find it a bit too matte and drying to work on the lips (for me anyway). I just apply it with my fingers.

Beautiful1

I Just Love Nars! He Has Some Great Stuff Make~up!
smiles.gif

GimpyPoop

Yo,
I've had South Beach, Palm Beach, Portofino, Copacabana, Mauritis and Cannes and I've swapped them all except South Beach because I think it's the most universal.
They smell something awful . . . couldn't handle it!
Me, the Flea

elisha24

I have Palm Beach and South Beach, love them both. Whats even better Palm Beach cost me $5AU and South beach was about $26AU. I am PPP, Mac NW20 and Palm beach is a nice sheer bronze colour on me was a bit scary when I first saw it. South Beach is my fav its a sheer peachy colour.

Kuuipo

I have 10 of the multiples. I use them as eyeshadow base,highlighter,blush,a base for blush,under poder,or powder, as a bronzer and as a lipstick. You get a good amount of product for the money, and they are very blendable and not greasy. The reason I own so many is that its a great product,and so versitile.

Love Always Ivy

i have south beach and maldives and theyre so great. very versatile and even though they seem expensive, they really last you forever and ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4hec
South Beach is my favorite, but I'm hesitant to use it every time I feel like because if the price...

ive had my south beach since mabe january and i use it fairly often as a blush/bronzer, maybe 3 times a week and i havent even dented it! THEY REALLY LAST FOREVER

sharkbytes

I can't believe no one mentioned Copacabana!!! It's my absolute favorite (I'm NC15-20, depending) and I love it enough that I want to try more of them.