NARS Nightlife Compared to MAC

BunnyBunnyBunny

Hey hey! I was just wondering if anyone could swatch or describe the differences between NARS Night Clubbing and MAC Suspicion, NARS Night Breed and MAC Black Tied, and NARS Night Fever and MAC Beauty Marked. Thank you!!

aziajs

Well, Night Fever is WAY prettier than Beauty Marked. It's actually a black with alot of deep red shimmer. With BM the red doesn't show up as much.

With Night Breed, the glitter is chunkier and looks almost like stars, the glitter twinkles in the light. With Black Tied, the glitter is alot finer and there is more of it. Also, NB is a true black whereas BT isn't because of all the shimmer.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Well, Night Fever is WAY prettier than Beauty Marked. It's actually a black with alot of deep red shimmer. With BM the red doesn't show up as much.

With Night Breed, the glitter is chunkier and looks almost like stars, the glitter twinkles in the light. With Black Tied, the glitter is alot finer and there is more of it. Also, NB is a true black whereas BT isn't because of all the shimmer.

Thank you so much! You know all the black shadows. =D

aziajs

Here are a few swatches for you. They were all done using MAC Sharkskin Shadestick as a base.

NARS Night Breed
NightBreed.jpg

NightBreed2.jpg

MAC Black Tied
BlackTied.jpg

BlackTied2.jpg

NARS Night Fever
NightFever.jpg

NightFever2.jpg

Renee

I have all the Nars night colors and I never thought of putting sharkskin under them! DUH!!! I thought I didn't like them! Now I will pull them out of the bottom of my kit! Thanks!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee
I have all the Nars night colors and I never thought of putting sharkskin under them! DUH!!! I thought I didn't like them! Now I will pull them out of the bottom of my kit! Thanks!!

You know, I have Night Fever, Night Star, Night Breed, and I REALLY want Night Porter. I absolutely love them but I always forget to use them. I think that using a base, even UDPP, is important to getting the color to POP. Play around with different bases. I like the shadesticks for these because they come in so many colors. I have 19 shadesticks so it gives me a lot of options. I also find that you can really pack on color with shadesticks. ANYWAY, I say all that to say that you should give them another chance because they are amazing.

Ernie

Quote:
You know, I have Night Fever, Night Star, Night Breed, and I REALLY want Night Porter. I absolutely love them but I always forget to use them. I think that using a base, even UDPP, is important to getting the color to POP. Play around with different bases. I like the shadesticks for these because they come in so many colors. I have 19 shadesticks so it gives me a lot of options. I also find that you can really pack on color with shadesticks. ANYWAY, I say all that to say that you should give them another chance because they are amazing.

I just started getting into shadesticks, is it possible for you to name all of yours? I have Crimsonaire,Mangomix,Cedarose,Corn,Lucky Jade, Beige-ing,Gentle Lentil,Blurberry and Shimmersand. Are there some that you recommend? I plan to get Taupographic and Fresh Cement. TIA.
cheerleader.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I just started getting into shadesticks, is it possible for you to name all of yours? I have Crimsonaire,Mangomix,Cedarose,Corn,Lucky Jade, Beige-ing,Gentle Lentil,Blurberry and Shimmersand. Are there some that you recommend? I plan to get Taupographic and Fresh Cement. TIA.
cheerleader.gif

Sure. I have everything but Pink Couture, which I'd like to pick up. I didn't like it at first but I feel compelled to get it to complete my collection. LOL. So, I have: Crimsonaire, Mangomix, Cedarose, Corn, Lucky Jade, Beige-ing, Gentle Lentil, Blurberry, Shimmersand, Taupographic, Fresh Cement, Penny, Shimmermint, Royal Hue, Sharkskin, Gracious Me, Sea Me, Silverbleu and Overcast (Cedarose, Mangomix, Crimsonaire, Shimmermint and Blurberry were discontinued).

I personally love Fresh Cement, Cedarose, and Gracious Me because they are such gorgeous colors. But, I use Shimmersand and Beige-ing the most, since they are neutral colors. The thing about shadesticks is that you can practically use any of them with any color. Some change the color of the shadow you place over them and some don't. They are fun to experiment with.

MACaholic76

Darn it. Now my Sephora shopping basket is full of NARS e/s. Great.
LOL.
Those are gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting the swatches!

QTAllStarGurl

wow i have night fever and I almost swapped it b/c i thought i didnt like it but it looks amazing with sharkskin as a base....i dunno y i never thought of doing that thanx 4 the tip!!

Caffy

I think the Nars nightlife collection eyeshadows are soo much more pigmented then Mac's. The color payoff is amazing with Nars they were the first to come up with Black shadow with different pearl pigments.. hehe Nars is the industry leader IMHO

! Black tied and Beauty Marked are pretty..but they are not as pigmented I think,kinda flaky

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTAllStarGurl
wow i have night fever and I almost swapped it b/c i thought i didnt like it but it looks amazing with sharkskin as a base....i dunno y i never thought of doing that thanx 4 the tip!!

Try it with both Sharkskin and Crimsonaire, if you have them.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffy
I think the Nars nightlife collection eyeshadows are soo much more pigmented then Mac's. The color payoff is amazing with Nars they were the first to come up with Black shadow with different pearl pigments.. hehe Nars is the industry leader IMHO

! Black tied and Beauty Marked are pretty..but they are not as pigmented I think,kinda flaky

I agree with everything you said. MAC has comparable colors but they aren't as rich. What MAC doesn't have is anything close to Night Porter, which is one of the most gorgeous of the Night Life collection. I want it sooooo bad. Black with green pearl. It may not sound beautiful to some of you reading this - trust me it is.

Caffy

Night Porter , Night Fever, Night Clubbing..feel like pure pigments but in a pressed eyeshadow form. They are delicate if u drop them a couple times it will crack...but that's why Nars has the rubberized compact..

Id rather have a delicate product that's amazing..then something that's barely comparable.
hmm.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
I agree with everything you said. MAC has comparable colors but they aren't as rich. What MAC doesn't have is anything close to Night Porter, which is one of the most gorgeous of the Night Life collection. I want it sooooo bad. Black with green pearl. It may not sound beautiful to some of you reading this - trust me it is.

Exactly. I finally picked up Night Porter earlier this year, after I had been eyeing it for who knows how long. I really want the other colors in the night life collection too.

Love Always Ivy

i have night clubbing which looks so nice in the shadow but when i put it on,it just looks black.... the green flecks dont stick
ssad.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
How do you make the pearl show up?

Which shadow do you have?