NARS Spring 2014

alyxo

Decided to play with my Kauai today. I'm very impressed and obsessed. The purple is so pretty and the gold is perfect metallic goodness.

cocodivatime

Decided to play with my Kauai today. I'm very impressed and obsessed. The purple is so pretty and the gold is perfect metallic goodness.
While I was at Nordstrom yesterday, I pre ordered the new NARS ita brush. The new brush collection will be at stores April 2nd. She said they were unsure of how many they were getting & that pre orders got 1st dibs
Wow I love way that you applied and blended everything. Could you give us a quick rundown of how you did it? I would love to try and re create this look

alyxo

Quote:Originally Posted by cocodivatime

Wow I love way that you applied and blended everything. Could you give us a quick rundown of how you did it?
I would love to try and re create this look

Of course I can tell you everything :) I used my Shadow Insurance by Too faced on my entire eyelid and lower lash line. I started with the light gold on a bullet shapped brush and applied it to my tear duct, applying it all over the lid, except for the outer corner of the eye. I applied this lightley, concentrating most of the colour in my tear duct. I switched brushes, I grabbed a flat synthetic brush, next. I grabbed more of the gold, packing it on the lid. This time, I only took it to the middle of my eye. I grabbed a fluffy brush and blended out any harsh lines. Then I took a flat synthetic brush and applied the purple shadow to the outer corner. I used the edge side of the brush (hope that makes sense lol) to wing the shadow, like I was doing a winged liner. I grabbed a blending brush, blending anything harsh out. Again, I grabbed the flat synthetic brush with the purple, packed it on the outer corner and brought it to the lid to meet the gold. I took the blending brush and blended the middle, where the 2 shades meet. Then I grabbed a second flat synthetic brush and packed more gold on, then blending out the middle with a blending brush. I repeated this step until I was happy with my intensity. I grabbed a smaller blending brush, applied the purple to the crease. I connected this to the outer corner, winging it out, as I go. I also had a clean blending brush to blend out any harshness. I also repeated this until I was happy. I took a matte cream shadow and used that as a brow bone highlight (wet n wild eyeshadow, which I don't remember the name of). I applied fake lashes to my top lash line. I applied NYX Retractable liner in Gold to my lower water line. I applied the purple shadow from the duo to my lower lash line, leaving the inner corner out, where I applied the gold. I applied mascara to my lower lashes and top, only at the root to blend the fake with the real. I hope that was helpful and I apologize that it was so long. I'm really bad at explaining this, it's easier for me to just show people as I do it. Thanks to everyone for all the really nice comments, you all are very sweet!!

Knope2012

This is such a gorgeous look! I think the duo will be the one thing I pick up from this collection. I tried my first duo yesterday, and I really like how easily the shades blend.

Monsy

I have been waiting for my Kauai duo from nordstrom for a whole month. And they still do not know when will they have it.
I think I might cancel that order. I am not liking how it looks on the eyes...
001_unsure.gif

Haven

I broke down and ordered the Kauai duo from NARS. It should be here tomorrow - after 1 1/2 weeks of transit.
tumbleweed.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
According to Temptalia, the quality of the shadows in that one wasn't nearly as good as Kauai.
I've only swatched both of them, but my impression was that the colours in China Seas just weren't as vibrant. They still applied very smoothly and evenly, but they aren't as saturated, if that helps explain the difference.

Alexity

Hmm, I don't think someone talked about the wind dancer nail polish from this collection yet. I am the only one who thinks this is a really beautiful colour?

alyxo

Thanks guys. I could always apply an enhancing base to make the colours stand out but now I'm on the fence about it.

pinkpaint

I thought I would let anyone who's interested know that the Na Pali Coast Multiple is only $22.50 (40% off) at Nordstrom right now. I'd grab it up but I know I don't need it, and I'm saving for summer. Hope this helps someone!