New Milani Quads

Jennifer Mcfly

I've been to a few CVS here in Tampa and they don't have these quads yet.
Oh, and for some reason, I hate shock, it does nothing for me
ssad.gif

Rowan

I don't have these in my area right now either, but I did find them in a CVS when I was out of state on a trip. I picked up Dream Baby, Earthly Delights, & Touch of Brown. I love them. Pigmentation is decent, and they blend pretty well. I'm glad I picked them up when I did! A steal at $5 each.

sigwing

I went to a Walgreens this a.m. and only found a few left so I apparently missed them. I did get Dream Baby tho. The others were a black/pink set, 2 but 1 was broken, and then a denim blues set. That's it.

After reading so many people say this is good eyeshadow, I bought a few singles & absolutely love it. I really am hooked on Taup-e-ary. I can't believe it's only 2.99, either.

sigwing

Great news...

I'd written the Milani Customer Service from their website for info on the quads & got a really nice response just now:

"Thank you so much for your compliments and comments on our products! Our Shadow Wear Long-Lasting Eye Shadow Quads were a special introductory promotional display that was available only in CVS and Walgreens stores. These Quads were a huge hit with our customers and are now sold out in the majority of these stores. But there is good news
smiles.gif
The Quads will become part of our regular assortment of Milani products offered in these stores. The timing is up to each chain’s corporate office, but you should be able to find the Quads in stores mid-December to early January. There are 8 Quads, and each shade is new! None of these shades is a duplicate of our single Eye Shadow shades!
Typically, the CVS stores each carry a different selection of our products, ranging from 3 foot to 5 foot displays. Right now the larger/newer stores usually offer the largest selection. Within the next 6 to 9 months, we will be converting all of the CVS stores to a 5 foot display which will contain a very large selection of our products!
Our Milani cosmetics contain high pigment levels, and most of our shades are very vivid. Our Jordana line of Cosmetics has more neutral shades, and you might like to try some of these products. There are several Walgreens stores in Wichita, and each of them has a Jordana display that contains an exclusive line of Jordana Eye and Lip Pencils, Easy Brow & Easy Liners, and our new Color Extend, Eye Fixation and Colorwave products. You will find this display located next to the Cosmetic Register in all Walgreens stores."

-----------------
I've actually tried the Jordana lip pencil and really like it. I'm going to investigate further next time I'm in there. I can't wait for the permanent quads to come out so I can see them all.

Caderas

sigwing!! that's crazy, i live in el dorado kansas. i've looked at the andover walgreens and they don't have any milani...it's depressing. i haven't seen any jordana cosmetics yet. but i've searched so hard for milani!! only to order it off of ulta.com.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful_addiction
sigwing!! that's crazy, i live in el dorado kansas. i've looked at the andover walgreens and they don't have any milani...it's depressing. i haven't seen any jordana cosmetics yet. but i've searched so hard for milani!! only to order it off of ulta.com.

Also go to Walgreens.com!!! If you order $50 you get free shipping. They even have stuff that's not in stores yet, and if something's out, check the next day & it might be back on. But they didn't have quads! I'm guessing when they're out permanently they'll be online for sure.
I found some at the Walgreens at Webb & Harry in Wichita, then Hillside & Central & another one. I haven't tried Webb & 21st, tho. The Jordana I figured out that all they have is like you know the pencils beside the cosmetic counter? They're really cheap, and I've used the lip pencils and bought a light one for brows. Pretty good stuff. And the automatic lipliners are really not too different, if even discernable, from expensive ones.

I can't wait to see what all's available. They must've disappeared really fast!

Caderas

sigwing said:
I found some at the Walgreens at Webb & Harry in Wichita, then Hillside & Central & another one. I haven't tried Webb & 21st, tho. QUOTE]

you found some milani there?? or jordana, because i think, now that i think about it, i've seen the jordana next to the perfume counter...or near it anyhow. i'm going to wichita next monday, i'll try to check any of them if i remember, and i'll talk back at you. --

sigwing

Yep, they have a bunch of it both places, and the Jordana is just the pencils & slim lipsticks by the register. At Webb & Harry, I was with my husband who rushes me around, so I didn't get to see the special displays at the front of the cosmetic aisle, so maybe you'll luck out & find some quads! Hillside/Central did not have them yet as of last Thursday. I'll be jealous if you find them there! *s*

I might also add here that I compared MAC Black Tied shadow to the Milani Storm and there is not a difference worth $10. MAC was slightly heavier color when I brushed them on side-by-side on my hand. They look the same, same sparkle amount & color, but I haven't done a "wear test," but over a base like MAC paint, or used wet, I bet it's a good match for $2.99. Also, I got a Milani "Simply Natural" lip pencil and it's an excellent deep nude shade! Not too deep, but a little stronger color than something like Mac Spice.

Caderas

awesome!! thanks a bunch. i can't wait!! and i'll let you know if i go to the hillside/central, if their there. and thanks for telling me about milani storm, i've heard it's a really great shadow too. i will probably get if i go there. or if i have enough mullah left :] --

sigwing

eek....good luck on finding them!!!! I can't tell if they were at every one and they're just gone, or if some Walgreens maybe didn't have them. I'm even going to check Newton again! I guess I can wait, tho, for another month till they come out for good.
ssad.gif

Tonight I tried the beige next to MAC Shroom, which I think is close altho a little lighter & brighter, esp. when applied wet. It's close enough to work as a great beige highlighter, tho. And the Snowstorm, I think is the right name, since I don't have it with me right here, a frosty white, is wonderful...not an obnoxious unnatural frosty white, but a really smooth white highlighter which I'm really pleased with!

Caderas

sorry, correction. if i go to the webb & 21st one, i'll tell you. i'm definetly going to the hillside/central one, so wish me luck!! which milani e/s do you have so far??

i got atlantis, garden mist, flare, and spice. all work really well, that's why i'm searching so hard for any more of them around here. i've seen that covergirl has came out with some new palettes for about $3 each, not bad at all. but i'm scared i'm gonna mess up the eyeshadows on depotting them. eventually i'll get the courage :] --

sigwing

I have those except Atlantis, and I absolutely love the Taup-e-ary and then Almondine or something like that. I also like the Snowfrost, I think it is, and you gotta get Java Bean and Storm!!

The depotting, I've done a bunch of MAC shadows, and after heating the plastic till it's soft to bend it, I carefully shove a tiny screwdriver between it & the pan to pry the pan out. I think these will be the same way, but I can't do them till I get my palettes.

I haven't tried Cover Girl shadows for a long time, but never liked them. Maybe it's something unusual about how they go on me personally, I don't know. I kept trying them because they'd have some great looking quads, then I'd hate them. Same thing with Avon.

Oh, I did pick up an Alyssa quad at Walgreens in "Classic" that has really nice nude/browns. It was I think $6.99 & seems like good eyeshadow.

Caderas

yeah, i'll definetly make sure to look for and get java bean and storm. sorry, i forgot to specify that the covergirl palettes are blank palettes, no shadows included in them. their just like mac shadow palettes. only in 4's though. and any shadow like MAC, Jane, Milani, etc//etc. can fit. covergirl does have some eyeshadow && lipgloss stuff you can put in it though, but it's a waste of money.

sigwing

ooh....I think I did see those! But it was after I'd been tipped off to call the MAC 800 number to get the 15-pan for like $12 or whatever it was, and the 4-pans were like $3, so I'd ordered some of those. I can't believe people on ebay double the prices on them & then add shipping. But anyway, the CG ones are handy and the Milanis will fit! Good luck in your hunt~!

FiestyFemme

That's good to know that the quads are gonna be part of the lineup because I haven't been able to get my hands on Touch of Brown and I'm wanting it badly!!
greengrin.gif