New Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette

Shars

You're welcome. I only had trouble with Black Market and Password. I had to layer them a few times to get the to apply smoothly and evenly. Very patchy. Not sure if it's because I swatched over Painterly and not an actual primer though.
Ok. That's for the heads up. I'll probably get it later in the year. I need to go on a makeup buying break!
thud.gif

Audrey C

My palette arrived today. I did a quick look with it, based on their 'Everyday Smoky' look. I used Combust, Armor (the only loose glitter shade) and Password as suggested but went back in to use Dirtysweet (LOVE) on the centre lid portion (Combust alone was too bland) and Thirteen under the brow. So far, i really like the palette. I know Password is getting some bad press but it went on ok for me today. It's worth noting that I don't like a very dark or opaque crease (where I used it), so it wouldn't bother me if it went on lighter. That works for me.

I'll post more fulsome feedback when I've had a chance to really play with more of the shades. So far I like what I see.

Icecaramellatte

Here ya go.
0b3a5b8a_image.jpeg
Top-Bottom: Thirteen, Combust, Whiskey, Password, Smolder, Black Market, Dagger, Slanted, Armor, Radar, Dirtysweet, High All swatched over MAC Painterly PLWPP. NC43-ish.
The light colors look pretty good on your skin. I think we are similar skin tones.
I'm debating whether I need this. I don't have colors like this because I tend to avoid grays. I never/ rarely use my nakeds 1-3 and I have eyeshadows I haven't even opened yet.
I'm in the same predicament especially with the 'haven't even opened' comment. I don't use grays much either but I've been loving the looks I've seen with the sparkly gray color. I used a Nars grayish shade today I don't ever remember using and I liked the look a bunch. I was all set to order this palette tonight but I went on a mega haul today. I have some thinking to do. On a positive note, my lost Urban Decay package from the sale turned up today.

CCKK

I feel like I am on UD and MAC overdose. I want this palette and I can't wait to grab. I lucked up and found a Vice 2 palette and wanted to share my excitement.

Audrey C

I did a bronzy smoky look today using:

Combust - transition
Thirteen - mixed with Combust for under brow
High - inner corner (some glitter)
Dirtysweet - inner 2/3 of lid
Radar - outer 1/3 of lid
Whiskey - crease/corner

I'm still really liking this palette.
ok.gif

Edit: Today I tried Slanted and Dagger. This palette is officially a keeper!

stephshopaholic

I used my palette for the first time today. I really liked it I didn't have any problems with pigmentation. I used combust on the lid and password and smolder in the crease. I love the gray tones.

starletta8

I really, really, really like this palette- and I've been using the lighter shades.

BTW, Whiskey kills it as a liner shade. Wow.

nt234

I think this one's going on my Christmas list. It's gorgeous, and this will give me time to try to use more of my Naked 2 palette!

VAL4M

I done some family pictures recently and used the UD Smoky nude palette and remade Vintage or Tacky tutorials ... a really simple eye look really natural with thirtheen (moving lid and highlighter) , combust (transition) and whiskey (outer V).

SleepingBeauty

I have to say I let myself get carried away by (?) the hype. I bought it last month and only used the matte brown shades. The others were simply too dark for me. I really wanted to love this palette but oh well.
ohboy.gif

Definitely considering getting this one. At first glance, I thought it was a pass for me but I'm very into smoky eye looks lately and this one just keeps calling my name.

I was so relieved when I first saw pictures and I thought I could be passing, considering I have the Naked 2 and 3 and although I used them a lot when I first got them, they're just sitting there now. But now I feel the hype rushing through me and can't stop envisioning all the possible looks I could do with it. Even when to sephora to swatch all the colours. I think I won't be able to resist it hahaha

nt234

I was so relieved when I first saw pictures and I thought I could be passing, considering I have the Naked 2 and 3 and although I used them a lot when I first got them, they're just sitting there now. But now I feel the hype rushing through me and can't stop envisioning all the possible looks I could do with it. Even when to sephora to swatch all the colours. I think I won't be able to resist it hahaha
That's exactly how I feel, lol!