NocturnElle October 2006 [color story] Updated 10/13

PigmentJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teka
Hey, ladies! Looks like someone is selling the Subtle pigment on ebay!
you can see a picture of it there. The color is pretty neutral. I am hoping that entremauve is more promising!! I was hoping for bolder pigments this fall!

There's a picture of Entremauve here:
cheerleader.gif

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=55188&page=2

I just went to ebay to see the pictures of Subtle, thanks for posting the tip to check there!

I just copied the pictures from ebay to post here. (Auction #330032213209)
thmbup.gif

girlstar

Woo.. I like light colours, so I won't be buying TOO much from this collection:

Eyeshadow
Beauty Sleep - Soft pink with silver particle pearl

Pigment
Subtle - Muted taupe plum
Entremauve - Rich violet with reflects pearl
Kitschmas - A pale icy lavender

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigmentJunkie
There's a picture of Entremauve here:
cheerleader.gif

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=55188&page=2

I just went to ebay to see the pictures of Subtle, thanks for posting the tip to check there!

thmbup.gif

hmm.gif
that looks excatly like a fake pigment I got off ebay a few months back

_trimm_trabb

Ohhhhh my gosh I can't wait! This will be my first holiday season with MAC. I am so obsessed with the holiday season to begin with (not to mention a complete sucker for the shameless merchandising of it) and obviously I adore MAC...so I am saving up big time for these holiday collections.

And the promo image made my day. It screams exactly what I hoped they'd be releasing soon and is very me, so I know I'll love it!

I'm going to try holding off going to MAC or ordering off the website until this comes out...wish me luck! ;D

koolkatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigmentJunkie

thmbup.gif

Thanks! Looks pretty, but how many times can virtually the same pigment be sold under different names? :p

AlliSwan

Eyeshadows

Suspicion - Deep black with gold particle pearl (maybe this will be like the DC Black Gold?! Either way, I've been looking for a muted black that doesn't have blue undertones or just looks gray when applied)

Passionate - Bright clean red (not for me but I am very happy for all you girls who have been dyin' for a true red e/s from MAC!!)

Endless Love - Bright violet/plum (is this the same from the Diana quad?)

Beauty Sleep - Soft pink with silver particle pearl (maybe this will finally be my HG pink shadow!??!)

Pigment
Subtle - Muted taupe plum
Entremauve - Rich violet with reflects pearl
Sigh. MORE plum/violet/mauve colors!?! Jeeeez...

Aprilrobin

hmph

I'm still excited about this collection since I love purple & mauve but...

The promo pic - I'm very unimpressed.
I'm not a huge Dita fan, Bettie did it way better, but I expected more.

Estellea

Wow that promo image could've been so much better - she looks like my old drama teacher which isn't a good thing !

june19th

loveeee dita! looks like i'll most likely be getting the pigments and eyeshadows, for sure!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT FINISH PASSIONATE (BRIGHT CLEAN RED) WILL BE?
winks.gif

LilMsMayhem

I wonder how [[Rouge Noir - Bright red w/ orange undertones]] would wear on me. I love red lippies but haven't found the right shade - yet!

sheaspearl83

Pics wanted sooo bad

I would know exactly how much I need to save...I'm thinking about $600 for Nocturnelle, Formal Black, and Brow Beat all on Oct 19....my husband's going to stroke out! Also, I have 2 birthdays this month!
After sneak peak, I know that I want the 4 eyeshadows, no purple, no pink, the 3 pigments, the pink blush, the magenta lipstick/lipgloss, and if it wears right, the pinkish brown with a lipglass.

bluflax

Quote:
Originally Posted by annielise
Is Subtle a dupe of Coco?

Don't know, but I don't consider Coco to have any plummy undertones at all. Subtle is supposed to be a muted taupe plum. And I saw a photo of what was supposedly Subtle on Ebay and it looks completely different than Coco.

lah_knee

that red color is not gonna be a bright clean red. thats not what the description says in the update book :O

its a red but its more a pinky red. im told its like a bright fuschia red.

lia_matos

If it's going to be a pinky red, i believe that using it on top of a yellow eyeshadow (like chrome yellow) will make it clean red (it's a watercolor principle, they use crimson colors mixed with yellow to make clean reds)... It's just a guess...