Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Dita Von Teese as the face for Holiday

nocturnelle_product.jpg

Eyeshadow
Passionate - Bright clean red

i'm sorry, but is mac retarded?. this is NOT RED
THIS IS RED
why is it so hard for them just to make a real bloody red. yes red stains but anyone who wears red knows that. yes red is said to be iritative. put it in a disclaimer. this jsut stupid. mac and thier inability to be interesting is realypising me off lately.. since july they have released , out of all thier launches *3* colors i like.. 3 that are good and bright and not jsut another shade of blue or brown the rest is all muted dull crap like every other cosmetics company makes. hmm strange.. didnt they get get bought out by an old lady company??

lia_matos

That's because if something happens with someone they get sued . They can't put a product as an "eyeshadow" if it's not everybody (or at least a good amount of people) can use it on the eye. You see Basic Red pigment? It's a pro pigment and listed as not-eye safe , and even though pigments are commonly used on the eye , they're not only for that - what is "implied" on an eyeshadow

lellojello

they why cant they make a REAL red pigment.. one that is actualy red,not a dark brickey red. it jsut irks me thet they are all muted abd noring lately

lia_matos

I read on a sheet that a girl posted with swatches from Nocturnelle (it was moved after some time) that the color description changed to a mid-tone red.

It's difficult to achieve a pure red without harm. Even though we have thousands of synthetic red dyes ,only a few ones, like carmine (which is made from insects cooked and dried) are safe for cosmetic use (but can't be considered "vegan").

Ah and someone mentioned on another thread that Biotherm has a bright red e/s

miss_emc

hey i was in the pro store yesterday and i spoke to my fav M/A about subtle pigment cos i reaaallly wanted to know what it was gonna be like, and he said that the colour is very similar to Satin Taupe eyeshadow but slightly lighter

Lauren

Subtle pigment is slightly lighter than Coco, and darker than Sunnydaze. I much prefer the texture of Subtle over Sunnydaze, but if you own Coco, don't bother.

EDIT: I lied, after comparing Subtle and Coco again, Subtle has the tiniest smidge of plum undertone, and I mean tiny. It just looks more smokier than Coco. It's VERY similar to Satin Taupe eyeshadow.

Lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementine
So it is similiar to Flirty number?

No, definitely more brown.

lah_knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lellojello
they why cant they make a REAL red pigment.. one that is actualy red,not a dark brickey red. it jsut irks me thet they are all muted abd noring lately

WHY DO PEOPLE NEED A MAC RED SHADOW?? is a better question IMO. theres like so many other brands who dont care about it being a big irritant to peoples eyes and have made red shadow. ben nye, shu umera, biotherm, trucco, makeupforever, and much more im sure.

and actually mac has made a true red pigment. its discontinued though. and once again, it wasnt tested or meant for the eye area. you can use it at your own risk.
and the person originally wrote it as a bright clean red in the description before people even went to basic training. it was a misconception in the first place. it was always meant to be a mid-toned red as thats how its labeled in the book.

Lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
so if you alredy own Coco do you need Sublte?
And what about Innuendo? How's it different from Subtle?

Ehh for me, they're pretty similar, so not worth it. I wish I could take pictures for you guys, but my camera is awful.

As for Innuendo, I think it's quite a bit lighter than Subtle, but I just glimpsed at it and kept walking (not that special IMO).

FemmeNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
Ehh for me, they're pretty similar, so not worth it. I wish I could take pictures for you guys, but my camera is awful.

As for Innuendo, I think it's quite a bit lighter than Subtle, but I just glimpsed at it and kept walking (not that special IMO).

It is lighter, but other than that they look very simmilar swatched on me.

EmbalmerBabe

I was going to get Desirous but it wound up looking too closey to Variety once applied on my cheeks. I figured I did'nt need it.
I wound up getting Foolish Me to satisfy my coral/peachy/orange blush fix.
I have'nt gotten anything from NocturnElle yet. I am thinking about Aloof and Embraceble lipstick but not sure. And Night Affair lipglass
looks like it could be my second chance on getting Phosphorelle from Lure,something similiar at least.

cdn_girl

If Passionate e/s is going to become a permanent colour, does anyone have an idea of when it'll become available as a palette pan?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_girl
If Passionate e/s is going to become a permanent colour, does anyone have an idea of when it'll become available as a palette pan?

Good question, I'd like to know too!

Another question about a Nocturnelle item, sort of*: is Desirous the only blush MAC has as a velvet ("satin" on the site, "velvet" on the product sticker)? So far I'm loving its staying power and texture, much better than its eyeshadow counterparts. I'd love another velvet blush!

*if this is the wrong place, sorry mods, I wasn't sure whether I should start a whole new thread for this q.

m4dswine

Is innuendo quite a warm colour would you say? I am desperate for a taupe colour to wear with my strong lip colours, and thought this might be ideal, but looking at the pictures, it looks more warm than anything...

CandaceM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
Is innuendo quite a warm colour would you say? I am desperate for a taupe colour to wear with my strong lip colours, and thought this might be ideal, but looking at the pictures, it looks more warm than anything...

IRC, it is more cool/neutral. Not overly warm for sure.