NOTD - post all here

BEA2LS

Re: Notd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Glad you like your purchases! Oh and Ruby Pumps also apparently looks stunning layered over a dark color, like a vamy burgundy or black. I might try that tonight! In case you get bored of it just plain red.
smiles.gif

I used it over black and it's wonderful! Today i have on bold & beautiful by essie - it's a vampy red and i was thinking of adding ruby pumps to it by making it more christmasy haha.
i am def going to wear ruby pumps by itself for actual christmas.

NutMeg

I have to wait until after Christmas though, there are a few things I want to get but it's just not part of my financial plan for the month.
ssad.gif
But seriously, it looks so pretty!

user79

Well tonight I found a new stunning combo:

ChG For Audrey as a base, topped with 2 coats of this milky sparkly silver pearl I just bought today from the drugstore. My nails look like winter ice! I'll try and post a pic later.
smiles.gif
I can't stop staring at my nails!

user79

Just took some pics, not that great but whatever!

This is ChG - For Audrey and Essence - Fashion Victim layered on top

blue-shimmer.jpg

blue-shimmer-3.jpg

blue-shimmer-2.jpg

Sorry, the edges aren't cleaned up yet, I do that in the shower
tong.gif

Quote:
Well tonight I found a new stunning combo:

ChG For Audrey as a base, topped with 2 coats of this milky sparkly silver pearl I just bought today from the drugstore. My nails look like winter ice! I'll try and post a pic later.
smiles.gif
I can't stop staring at my nails!

Oooo i'll have to try that, looks gorg Julia. I have Bahamian escape from the CG, winter blues collection which is similar to 'For Audrey' but with more of a bluey undertone as appozed to the greener undertones of Audrey. I loved the look of it in the bottle, but it looks freaky wierd on me. So i think i'll buy a silver of some description to try over it so that it's more wearble. Because atm it's just gathering dust, which is a shame really.

Oh also meant to mention. Found a gorgeous combo on a nail bloggers site. I was like this
drools.gif
when i saw it. 'Ruby pumps' over 'Branding Iron' omg! This will save me buying a kinda burgundy sparkley aswell now. I was so chuffed coz i have both shades already to do this with.

Heres a pic of it. I thought it best to only put the link because the owner of the nail blog might not be too happy if she knew her pic was being shown without her consent. K i'll shut up now.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...IronandRP4.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...dRPcloseup.jpg

Shadowy Lady

I'm wearing OPI Glamour Game today
smiles.gif

MissChievous, that nail combo is gorgeous, I think it's time I loose my China Glaze virginity
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Glad you like your purchases! Oh and Ruby Pumps also apparently looks stunning layered over a dark color, like a vamy burgundy or black. I might try that tonight! In case you get bored of it just plain red.
smiles.gif

The Nail envy came in the post today. I thought the product was clear when i watched your nail tutorial but this stuff is kinda murky looking, definately not clear. Also it looked clear in the Ebay foto where i bought it from. Is that right or have i been sent a dodgy bottle? It's the 'original' one btw in a green n white box.

Also am i better using this for a few days without any nail polishes or other nail products on, or does it not matter either way?

Thanks

Amber

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypopsikkle
The Nail envy came in the post today. I thought the product was clear when i watched your nail tutorial but this stuff is kinda murky looking, definately not clear. Also it looked clear in the Ebay foto where i bought it from. Is that right or have i been sent a dodgy bottle? It's the 'original' one btw in a green n white box.

Also am i better using this for a few days without any nail polishes or other nail products on, or does it not matter either way?

Thanks

Amber

i got my nail envy at ulta and it looks the same way - it goes on clear though.
i used it under nail polish, maybe should have left it alone but i hate the look of unpolished nails. it doesnt work too well for me but really works for my mom who used it the same way i did. go figure.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm wearing OPI Glamour Game today
smiles.gif

MissChievous, that nail combo is gorgeous, I think it's time I loose my China Glaze virginity
greengrin.gif

For Audrey is nice but the formulation of this particular one is really too thick. If you don't have any yet, buy a propper nail polish thinner if you get this color, you'll want to thin it down some before using, otherwise it goes on a bit gloppy. Love the color but the formula sucks. Don't use nailpolish remover to thin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i got my nail envy at ulta and it looks the same way - it goes on clear though.
i used it under nail polish, maybe should have left it alone but i hate the look of unpolished nails. it doesnt work too well for me but really works for my mom who used it the same way i did. go figure.

Cheers for the quick reply. That's put my mind at rest because i was begining to wonder if they made fake OPI stuff now aswell. Yeah know what you mean about the unpolished nails, think i'll just use it with polish then.

Rancas

I'm wearing Sephora/OPI Metro Chic. I think I may try my silver topcoat over it now after seeing MissChievous' gorgeous nails. Very nice!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
For Audrey is nice but the formulation of this particular one is really too thick. If you don't have any yet, buy a propper nail polish thinner if you get this color, you'll want to thin it down some before using, otherwise it goes on a bit gloppy. Love the color but the formula sucks. Don't use nailpolish remover to thin!!

That's one thing I have heard over at various nail blogs that the China Glaze formula has gotten much thicker recently. I still really want to try the brand so I'm placing an order as I type at Head2Toe.

Thanks for the recommendation about polish thinner
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
That's one thing I have heard over at various nail blogs that the China Glaze formula has gotten much thicker recently. I still really want to try the brand so I'm placing an order as I type at Head2Toe.

Thanks for the recommendation about polish thinner
smiles.gif

I don't find all the ChG polishes to be as thick, but "For Audrey" really is. It's weird. It seems thicker than the other ChG polishes I have, the other ones seem fine.

BEA2LS

FOR AUDREY is my next buy - probably my last nail polish buy for awhile but i would like to have that one. out of all the polishes i own, ruby pumps is my favorite and i have a feeling for audrey would be up there, too.