Oily Skin makes my foundation/blush orange/darker!

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Let's see for my skincare, I use biore astrigent, then I use Lancome mattifying moisturizer, (used to use smashbox primer here but it didn't do much so I stopped after it ran out), and Everyday Minerals.

It might be the mineral foundation?
ssad.gif

Also, the only time I have oily skin is when I use makeup. If I don't have makeup on, my skin doesn't get oily at all and it's pretty normal...

When you don't wear makeup, do you still you the mattifying moisturizer? The reason I'm asking is that quite often people who have issues with oiliness during the day are actually causing the excess oil via their skincare. If you use too many oil-reducing/mattifying agents, it dries you skin out. Your body then thinks it's a lot drier than it is outside, and makes more oil to protect and hydrate your skin.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
When you don't wear makeup, do you still you the mattifying moisturizer? The reason I'm asking is that quite often people who have issues with oiliness during the day are actually causing the excess oil via their skincare. If you use too many oil-reducing/mattifying agents, it dries you skin out. Your body then thinks it's a lot drier than it is outside, and makes more oil to protect and hydrate your skin.

I don't use the mattifing moisturizer when I don't wear makeup. Hmm... maybe I should try just wearing the moisturizer to see if my skin gets oily with that alone.

martygreene

Worth a shot. You might be overdoing it with the mattifying agents, and in doing so causing your skin to overproduce oil.

astronaut

Okay, so I tried using just the mattifing moisturizer for a couple hours yesterday and it seems like no difference from when I have no makeup on from what I see... So I guess it's the Everyday minerals foundation
ssad.gif
It's not allowing my skin to breath?

martygreene

Quote:
Okay, so I tried using just the mattifing moisturizer for a couple hours yesterday and it seems like no difference from when I have no makeup on from what I see... So I guess it's the Everyday minerals foundation
ssad.gif

Could be a possibility. mineral makeups can be drying as well, so it could be the combo of that and the previous skincare steps. Perhaps try an oil-free foundation, but not one designed with strong oil-absorbants in it (so, I wouldn't jump into MUFE mat velvet+ just yet), and see how that fares? Perhaps something like Laura Mercier would be good to try.

pixichik77

Quote:
ssad.gif

You need to give it few days. You skin is used to overcompensating for the dryness of the mattyifiers. I repeat what I have said and what has been said by others; the less you fight your oily skin the better it will behave. Non foaming cleansers and fantastic moisturizers have been my saviours.

Also, something to think about. I am still oily, and every once in a while I regress and think I look like an oil slick, and like an addict I want to reach for the powder. invariably, that is when I get the most compliments on my skin. i wouldn't take a picture in that state (hello, shine) but I resist the urge for powder. Make sure you aren't expecting MATTE all day long...

Kiseki

Oily skin = Matte All Day doesn't happen, at least not to me.

Since I'm using Chanel's matifying moisturizer, I don't use other matifying makeup on me (everything's oil free, but not matifying) so I won't start over producing oil.

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
Oily skin = Matte All Day doesn't happen, at least not to me.

Exactly. Yet, I see customers all the time who are oily and expect matte all day.

Latest posts