Our engagement pics =)

Pei

OMG i didn't know that so many of u lovelies had posted ur comments!

We sincerely appreciate it & I'm so so happy that u girls think my dresses look pretty =)

I got 6 dresses for photoshoot in total =D

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
OMG i didn't know that so many of u lovelies had posted ur comments!

We sincerely appreciate it & I'm so so happy that u girls think my dresses look pretty =)

I got 6 dresses for photoshoot in total =D

You bought 6 wedding dresses? Wow! Or were they rented or borrowed or something?

Hi, you look so beautiful on all pics. I really like the one on Clarke Quay. That´s the same place my going to be husband asked me the big question. Really great pics of you both.
clap.gif

Hi again. I´m going to Singapore in January.Are there any shopping actions at that time? And how is the weather to be like? Because I read about alot of rainhours. Could you recommend a good place in Chinatown for Dim Sum (hope I wrote it right.My chinese husband is at work).Thanks.
cheerleader.gif

dmenchi

OMG! you are sooo cute! And thanks for the picture with food, now you made me miss malaysia & singapore (lived there for years)...i need to find a good restaurant here, everything is so americanized that the 'asian' food tastes not asian at all! just a warning if you should come to the states ; bring your favorite ingredient!!!nobody even knows what Rambutan is ...

Pei

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenforaday
Hi again. I´m going to Singapore in January.Are there any shopping actions at that time? And how is the weather to be like? Because I read about alot of rainhours. Could you recommend a good place in Chinatown for Dim Sum (hope I wrote it right.My chinese husband is at work).Thanks.
cheerleader.gif

Hiya =)

How long will u be in SG?

Weather in Jan will be kinda rainy! A good brolly will do some good!

However, it'll warm & humid for u when it's nt raining
(if u had always lived in cool/cold weather country)

Don't worry abt the warm weather though cos AC is everywhere! =D

As for dim sum......hmmm, seriously I'm nt a big fan of dim sum cos I don't eat pork!

Nevertheless, for slightly high-end places, "YUM CHA" located at Chinatown is good. Don't ask for reccomenations, order depending on ur gut feel, cos I feel that restaurants in Chinatown (one of our places of interest) are out to earn a lil more from foreigners, esp caucasians!

here's a good webbie for u=)
(Do what the locals do! Hmmm...I shld say do what the expats do! lol)
http://www.expatsingapore.com/

PS: Do go to MUSTAFA CENTRE @ serangoon road if u're feeling really bored when hubby's at work! There're tonnes of things to look & buy @ relatively low price. Ranging from branded authentic watches to household items~
(However, it's rather crowded there, keep ur $ safe just in case. SG is relatively safe =))

Cheers~
and hope u'll have a wonderful time in this unique hybrid country~

Pei

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
OMG! you are sooo cute! And thanks for the picture with food, now you made me miss malaysia & singapore (lived there for years)...i need to find a good restaurant here, everything is so americanized that the 'asian' food tastes not asian at all! just a warning if you should come to the states ; bring your favorite ingredient!!!nobody even knows what Rambutan is ...

LOL rambutan =D Rambutan is some hairy red fruit (sounds disgusting =D)

Aww~
I can understand how u feel!

Think BBQ satay, fried Kuay tiao, nasi lemak,chicken rice with lotsa chilli & soya sauce, laksa, Lor mee, roti prata with mutton curry =D

(oops sorry =D)

Are u Sg/M'sian?

Shld u need any ready-to-use ingredients for ur food, just let me know =)

We have got laska/chilli crab and whatever in the supermarkets...
Authentic real taste!

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
LOL rambutan =D Rambutan is some hairy red fruit (sounds disgusting =D)

Aww~
I can understand how u feel!

Think BBQ satay, fried Kuay tiao, nasi lemak,chicken rice with lotsa chilli & soya sauce, laksa, Lor mee, roti prata with mutton curry =D

(oops sorry =D)

Are u Sg/M'sian?

Shld u need any ready-to-use ingredients for ur food, just let me know =)

We have got laska/chilli crab and whatever in the supermarkets...
Authentic real taste!

no i'm from germany, my dad used to mange south-est asia pacific for his company so we moved there when i was a teen. But it's truly more my home than germany, lol.. i have a lot of frieds there and in borneo and some in thailand. i loove it there and i admire the culutral diversity... if people ask me where to go i always say singapore/malaysia.
i used to go to saito (japanese graphic design school in KL) and my faveorite breakfst was naan with curry. I don't eat pork as well so everything else i loove. since i used to live there i would always hang out with locals and go to the little stands for midnight snacks!! ohhh and the party scene is just THE BEST everrr! LOL I used to take the train to singapore to shop there!!!
(Can you believe the us didn't have MNG(clothing) until last year...i had to shop online,send my stuff to my mum's house in germany and she would ship it to the US)
My dad just worked in china so he's bringing back a bunch of stuff for me, especially cosmetics!!! it's so hard to find good products with a high SPF
smiles.gif

I love hong kong for shopping as well. i'm planning to take my BH for our anniversary to Malaysia/singapore/china for our anniversary this nov. I know he will freak out and totally love it as well. lol

ok sorry for talking your head off.
lol.gif

dmenchi

I always used to admire the way people ther take wedding pics with all the differnt outfits, it's soo beautiful. And i miss open houses, people don't do it here, but they don't celebrate soo many different holidays
smiles.gif

pichima

OMG you are soooooo beautiful!
congratulations on the engagement, whish you the best of luck in your new life!