Pat McGrath Beauty

Mac-Guy

The problem, at least for me, is not the alcohol per se, but the fact that we layer so much more products - and most of them contain drying ingredients. Our skin gets even more dryer and/or sensitized, so we buy the next soothing primer or serum. I really noticed a big difference in my skin when I switched to clean beauty, i.e. Drunk Elephant as my only skincare and Kjaer Weis and Westman Atelier as make up. I don't even need any primer. There is less irritation, no burning, no dry patches. I have to thank the crappy marketing and product development at MAC that I eventually looked into other brands. While the brands I choose are very expensive, I end up spending less money as the collections that are released are small and manageable. I miss the longevity of products, but not enough to switch back. I am hopeful that the clean beauty market will grow much bigger and more new products will be released in the near future.

Sugar & Spice

The problem, at least for me, is not the alcohol per se, but the fact that we layer so much more products - and most of them contain drying ingredients. Our skin gets even more dryer and/or sensitized, so we buy the next soothing primer or serum. I really noticed a big difference in my skin when I switched to clean beauty, i.e. Drunk Elephant as my only skincare and Kjaer Weis and Westman Atelier as make up. I don't even need any primer. There is less irritation, no burning, no dry patches. I have to thank the crappy marketing and product development at MAC that I eventually looked into other brands. While the brands I choose are very expensive, I end up spending less money as the collections that are released are small and manageable. I miss the longevity of products, but not enough to switch back. I am hopeful that the clean beauty market will grow much bigger and more new products will be released in the near future.
Yes I'm loving the results of clean skin-care and wish I would have started sooner. Unfortunately I can't go clean with make-up specifically foundation due to my skin/undertones being hard to match but I try to be selective in what I use which is why I'm so disappointed that Pat would have alcohol but as I stated, I get that she's more than likely using it to have the 12 hr wear time. However using the foundation on a daily bases can really be harmful in the long run especially if you don't be diligent in your skin-care.

Out of curiosity I'm still going to check it out and see if I have a match and by chance I'm blown away with the color match & coverage, I might get it but not wear it everyday and only on special occasions as it's getting really good reviews.

MaryJane

I was able to sample this over the weekend and am wearing it for the first time today. So far....it's love. The color matches almost perfectly, it was easy to blend and build up over problem areas, it's definitely skin-like and blurs like nothing I've ever tried. As long as my skin doesn't react badly to it, I think I'll be purchasing a full bottle.

MaryJane

By the by 20% off through Sept 27th

Stumbled across these (sephora site, not on PMcG yet) while still debating ND palettes versus PMcG...

Blitz Astral Quads ~ LE ~ $65~
View attachment 66655
Iconic Illumination

View attachment 66656
Nocturnal Nirvana
Her pricing is getting out of control - her 6 pan palettes are $65 (they used to be $55 not that long ago). The blue one is pretty but I know I'd never make use of those colors.

fur4elise

Her pricing is getting out of control - her 6 pan palettes are $65 (they used to be $55 not that long ago). The blue one is pretty but I know I'd never make use of those colors.
The price increase is crazy.
They look interesting, but I prefer large Mothership palettes😌

Knodding head in agreement...Price increase is not cool. These just aren't for me.

Seven Of Nine Seven Of Nine ~ Answering your query in the ND thread, I have one PMcG palette, MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Seduction. I :heart: it! In the end, I will prolly get both the ND Gold & MOTHERSHIP V Bronze...;)

DMcG9

The price increase is insane. With the US-Canadian dollar exchange rate the quads are $86 + tax = $97 Cdn. They're pretty but price point makes them less so. I can't justify that price even as a splurge. SMH.

MaryJane

The price increase is insane. With the US-Canadian dollar exchange rate the quads are $86 + tax = $97 Cdn. They're pretty but price point makes them less so. I can't justify that price even as a splurge. SMH.

I have all of her six pan palettes and two of her bigger ones (the subliminal and bronze seduction) and they are the biggest waste of my money. The quality is there (for the most part) but I never reach for them. The bigger ones have the 'special' colors that it can't wear on a daily basis - glitter in my workplace is a no-no. I find some of her mattes difficult to use - I feel like I can never get them to blend. There almost too pigmented.

fur4elise

I have all of her six pan palettes and two of her bigger ones (the subliminal and bronze seduction) and they are the biggest waste of my money. The quality is there (for the most part) but I never reach for them. The bigger ones have the 'special' colors that it can't wear on a daily basis - glitter in my workplace is a no-no. I find some of her mattes difficult to use - I feel like I can never get them to blend. There almost too pigmented.

Yikes! That is bummer to hear, all the way around :( ~ I am fortunate in that I can get away with some shimmer & glimmer...I work at an art & design college. However, in the role of academics, full-on daytime discoball would be a no-no. It's the personal preference in regards to professional appearance.

As for too pigmented...I have learned to use a light hand. Great quality Japanese brushes are the bomb for light application and diffusion of color ;)

Seven Of Nine

Knodding head in agreement...Price increase is not cool. These just aren't for me.

Seven Of Nine Seven Of Nine ~ Answering your query in the ND thread, I have one PMcG palette, MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Seduction. I :heart: it! In the end, I will prolly get both the ND Gold & MOTHERSHIP V Bronze...;)
I was also thinking about buying Sublime Bronze Seduction first but in the end it turned out that my friend could buy Mothership V. I hope I like it :cool:

Seven Of Nine

From the pictures I also thought that some shadows in large palettes are very blink blink but I decided to risk this one :unsure:

MaryJane

Yikes! That is bummer to hear, all the way around :( ~ I am fortunate in that I can get away with some shimmer & glimmer...I work at an art & design college. However, in the role of academics, full-on daytime discoball would be a no-no. It's the personal preference in regards to professional appearance.

As for too pigmented...I have learned to use a light hand. Great quality Japanese brushes are the bomb for light application and diffusion of color ;)

I don't mind the shimmer and glimmer, it's the full on micro-glitter or glitter that I don't make much use of. I look at her palettes and some of the bigger ND ones and have no idea where to start with putting a look together. That's why I like the CT quads and palettes - all the looks are already there for me.

Icecaramellatte

I love PMG but people complaining about the prices should like the big palettes better than these. I think a lot of the price is due to the packaging which is fabulous by the way. I'm assuming they are as weighty as the palettes. I remember seeing a 3rd palette so I'm going to wait to see if that one comes out. I don't think I like that the lipsticks are the same as last year. One youtube video I watched said more stuff was coming. I think that may be so because it just doesn't make sense to only have stuff on Sephora and not even on the site. But then again, maybe that has something to do with the sale on the site. I have been kinda busy so I haven't been searching around like I usually do but I have some time this weekend so hopefully I can catch up on beauty goings on.

Latest posts