Paulina Rubio Discussion

MACgirl

Re: Paulina Rubio Feb 2007 [limited release]

lipstick is so pretty!!! it kinda reminds me of Vivglam 5 but with more pinkish gold to it, its a lustre fyi.

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Received an update on this collection, the release date is Feb 8th not the 2nd as mentioned previously. I might have more details soon, will post if I get them. I don't think this is going to be a full blown collection, probably something more along the lines of Isabella Blow or Alejandra Guzman (mexico exclusive).

Will this be available online?
hmm.gif

Janice

Not sure about online availability. I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.
smiles.gif

niquewebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
PAULINA RUBIO???? (0_o)???? why her????

thats what i was thinkin but i didnt wanna sound mean.
smiles.gif

Starbright211

I talked to my Favorite MA at the San Antonio MAC Store (North Star Mall), and they have it.

LatinaRose

I'm pretty sure Paulina Rubio is from Spain, not Mexico. I saw her house on Cribs and it was in Spain. While she may not be a huge superstar in America, she's still very big internationally. I'm excited for this collection.

KAIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I'm pretty sure Paulina Rubio is from Spain, not Mexico. I saw her house on Cribs and it was in Spain. While she may not be a huge superstar in America, she's still very big internationally. I'm excited for this collection.

OH YEAH I SAW her house at Cribs actually i saw 2 episodes of her one of her house in Spain and the other in Miami and yes she is mexican, she was in the mexican band timbiriche with the beautiful and georgeous Thalia =) MAC should picked Thalia....

maxipoodle1

Thats soo cool that they picked Paulina....shes soo bad*ss....she doesnt give a crap what people say about her!!...and she always speaks her mind no matter what!, and she is Mexican not spanish.....although she does reside in spain for now....shes is sooo cool!!..I'm happy they chose her!

rchickos

Re: Paulina Rubio Feb 2007 [limited release] *updated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I just picked Rubia up. Its a beautiful pink-gold lustre l/s. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...2000/rubia.jpg
I also have it posted on my blog

Finally someone has it! My question is, how sheer is it? I love the texture of lustres but the pigment leaves something to be desired, most of the time. Hit or miss for me since I have pigmented lips. Sounds and looks pretty in the tube, but how is it on?

Fairybelle

Looks like a lovely color from what I see in the photo!

greatscott2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchickos
Finally someone has it! My question is, how sheer is it? I love the texture of lustres but the pigment leaves something to be desired, most of the time. Hit or miss for me since I have pigmented lips. Sounds and looks pretty in the tube, but how is it on?

It's great for pigmented lips- I'm NW43/45. i tried it on my hand in the store and it was light in color but not washed out.

petitsinge

i called my nearest fs and was told that rubia has been pulled from the shelves and will be re-released at some point. (probably next month is what i was told).:confused:

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitsinge
i called my nearest fs and was told that rubia has been pulled from the shelves and will be re-released at some point. (probably next month is what i was told).:confused:

You'll find this thread helpful.
smiles.gif

syrene78

I posted this in the other thread:

Of what I heard, paulina rubio is going to have a special event in a few weeks, so they had to wait and pull off the shelves the l/s so that it'd correspond to the release date.
I guess that the lack of promotion around this l/s was so small that is was better for MAC anyway to have it relaunched with some new marketing info.
smiles.gif

I did manage to get one though.
I find it very pretty, pretty sheer to my opinion. Very suitable to everybody! You will like it.
It is very limited though.
I have been told that no more than about 20 l/s by store?
And only a few stores carry it, mostly around San Antonio.
I was able to look at the Mac update book and don't remeber seing if it'd be released online. But who knows?

I expected something more outrageous considering that Blow and Zandra are so flashy. LOL!
And I heard that this singer is not shy either!

FemmeNoir

I picked Rubia up today and it looks a lot like VGV.

LuvBeMac

Maybe I will need CP for this lipstick with anything Lightful
graucho.gif

nascar8girl

oh no =(. i'm hitting a freestanding store on friday and was so hoping that they would have this lippie. oh well.