Perfection Lumière Velvet

Jaymuhlee

I just finished a sample of VLA and really enjoyed it. I was curious about this one as well but I worry it won't sit well with my dry skin. Even if heavily moisturized... You all make it sound so luxurious though!

patentg33k

I just finished a sample of VLA and really enjoyed it. I was curious about this one as well but I worry it won't sit well with my dry skin. Even if heavily moisturized... You all make it sound so luxurious though!
I find the Velvet less drying than the VLA. It could because of the alcohol or thin texture of the VLA. The Velvet feels much better on my combo skin, and it lasts longer throughout the day. You really should try a sample of the Velvet so that you can compare the two.

Jaymuhlee

I find the Velvet less drying than the VLA. It could because of the alcohol or thin texture of the VLA. The Velvet feels much better on my combo skin, and it lasts longer throughout the day. You really should try a sample of the Velvet so that you can compare the two.
Oh, good to know! I will definitely get a sample next time I'm at Nordstrom. Thanks!

Medgal07

The PLV is pretty amazing. I love the way my skin feels when I wear it. Currently I'm using PLV when I want more coverage and the Healthy Glow fluid
when I prefer less coverage. I have to say, I'm loving both.

SleepingBeauty

Hey ladies, I'm in need of a new foundation and since everyone's freaking out over the new Chanel foundation I'd like to give it a try - but I don't know if it will fit me. I normally wear MAC SFF NW10 and Revlon Colorstay 110 Ivory and I'm not sure if B10 of the P.L.V. is light enough for me? Unfortunately, I can't swatch it and have to rely on reviews. Also, how about the coverage? My skin is quite red-ish and I have to cover up some blemishes. I use a concealer - of course - but is this foundation very sheer or can you layer it or something? Thank you in advance!

khhmakeup

Hey ladies, I'm in need of a new foundation and since everyone's freaking out over the new Chanel foundation I'd like to give it a try - but I don't know if it will fit me. I normally wear MAC SFF NW10 and Revlon Colorstay 110 Ivory and I'm not sure if B10 of the P.L.V. is light enough for me? Unfortunately, I can't swatch it and have to rely on reviews. Also, how about the coverage? My skin is quite red-ish and I have to cover up some blemishes. I use a concealer - of course - but is this foundation very sheer or can you layer it or something? Thank you in advance!
I actually don't find PLV sheer and it is, imho buildable. I only need one layer, maybe two over the redness in my cheeks to get a flawless face, but then again, I don't need much of other foundations either. I am currently using B20 which is just a tad darker than my now summer tanned skin. Usually I would be B10 and a MAC NW15/20. I also find it covers my blemishes just enough to look natural without having to add concealer, unless they're monsters....then those bad boys need a good once over. I also have combination dry skin and where i'm oily, I don't have to touch up at all throughout the day and I don't set the foundation with anything on my whole face either! I may do a very light dusting with my Les Beiges powder in B10 in the t-zone. Do you plan on getting a tan at all this summer? If so, maybe B10 would work for you. Hopefully that helps a little?

Medgal07

I can't help you with the correct shade but I can attest to how it looks on the skin---it really is like velvet. I'm wearing it here---single layer applied w/the Chanel brush # 7, foundation
blending brush.

Medgal07

I love this foundation, it is the buy of the year.
iagree.gif
Totally agree Sexy Sadie!!!

pnfpn

I'm so frustrated with Chanel right now.

There are 3 counters in my city that I can easily get to. I've been trying for over a month now to get a sample of this damn foundation. Every time I go they tell me they have no sample jars. I go by at least twice a week. I even asked if I could bring in a pot and they said no? I'm so annoyed by all of this. I have even had recommendations to just buy the shade I need - yeah that's not going to happen because I can't return it once I open it.

I just want to check out the foundation :/

Sexy Sadie

I'm so frustrated with Chanel right now.

There are 3 counters in my city that I can easily get to. I've been trying for over a month now to get a sample of this damn foundation. Every time I go they tell me they have no sample jars. I go by at least twice a week. I even asked if I could bring in a pot and they said no? I'm so annoyed by all of this. I have even had recommendations to just buy the shade I need - yeah that's not going to happen because I can't return it once I open it.

I just want to check out the foundation :/
Bring your own jar. ;)

Dragonetta

I can't believe I didn't try this foundation directly when it came out! I bought it last week and I'm in love!! It looks so nice and natural with the perfect amount of coverage for me and the Beige 20 is the perfect colourmatch for my skin at the moment. My face feels so soft after applying it, I defenitly don't need any powder to set the foundation (maybe people with oily skin do want to set it). I like this foundation much better than VLA, PLV just works better with my skin and in my country they don't sell 20 of VLA so PLV is just perfect.
I loooooooooooove this foundation!
eyelove.gif
Haha words just can't express my love.

Kimber3

:I can't believe that I just found out about this foundation! I tried a sample last week and was back at the counter purchasing this foundation immediately. My skin is glowing and looks the best I've seen it in years! I don't know if I'll ever be able to top this one as its my holy grail now :)

Miss QQ

The foundation finally launched here and I got a sample of B20. I don't know if this is a good match or if B10 is better. Haven't try it but I have been hearing good things so far and am excited, although I don't need a new foundation for now.

starletta8

Not to bump an old thread, but...

I just about finished my Burberry Velvet Foundation while I was ill (Trench 02), and since there's no close Burberry counter I purchased Perfection Luminere Velvet in 12 to try it out.

Burberry Velvet is pretty much a HG for me- is this Chanel somewhat similar?

Medgal07

Not to bump an old thread, but...

I just about finished my Burberry Velvet Foundation while I was ill (Trench 02), and since there's no close Burberry counter I purchased Perfection Luminere Velvet in 12 to try it out.

Burberry Velvet is pretty much a HG for me- is this Chanel somewhat similar?
I've never tried the Burberry foundation but I LOVE PLV. My photo wearing it is in the swatch gallery of this thread.