POLL: What commercial do you absolutely *HATE*? Which do you think are OK?

MAC_Whore

I have a new one. Has anyone seen the new Taco Bell commercial with the two lions talking about the carne asada taquitos? "Carrrrrrrrrrrrne. Say it sexy like, carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrne." That cracks me up.

lemurian

I, too, love the Geico caveman commercials, and the ones with Little Richard, Burt Bacharach, etc. "I was hit... in the reeeeaaarr.."
smiles.gif

I hate all the commercials advertising pharmeceuticals, but especially the Valtrex ones.. I do not want to hear about people having genital herpes! STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR PRIVATES, PEOPLE!!!

YvetteJeannine

OH...I got another one...I heard it again last night (I was in the kitchen when the commercial came on, so I cannot recall what specifically they're trying to advertise...and all the other times I've seen it I must just 'tune it out' 'cause it's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard)...

OK..It goes...

"They're CRUMB-BELIEVABLE".....
hmm.gif

(To the tune of that '90's song "Your Unbelievable")...

WHAT?!

It's for some processed, preservative-filled, fat-filled microwavable food product...Every time I hear that ad I just want to yell "WHO came up with this 'brilliant' piece of advertisting, and WHYYYY????

Beauty Mark

Quote:
It's for some processed, preservative-filled, fat-filled microwavable food product...Every time I hear that ad I just want to yell "WHO came up with this 'brilliant' piece of advertisting, and WHYYYY????

Some sort of cheese crumble. I think Kraft makes it. Stephen Colbert on the Colbert Nation tried making that a new word to use, crumbelievable.

I thought of another set of commercials I love. American Express had these great commercials with actors and such discussing their lives and in the end it was something like, "And that's why American Express is my card." Kate Winslet did one with references to the movies she was in, Ellen was in one, Wes Anderson did one, too. Those are the ones I saw, but I think there may be more. They were very cool, in any case.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Some sort of cheese crumble. I think Kraft makes it. Stephen Colbert on the Colbert Nation tried making that a new word to use, crumbelievable.

I thought of another set of commercials I love. American Express had these great commercials with actors and such discussing their lives and in the end it was something like, "And that's why American Express is my card." Kate Winslet did one with references to the movies she was in, Ellen was in one, Wes Anderson did one, too. Those are the ones I saw, but I think there may be more. They were very cool, in any case.

OO OO OOO! I really liked those too...'specially the one with Kate Winslet..You're just like- "Whaaa?", and then her face is revealed...it's a good one!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
...."Nausea, heart heartburn ,Indigestion, upset stomach diarrhea-Go pepto bismol "

God, the worst thing about that commercial is that the jingle gets stuck in your head and you find yourself humming or singing it!!!! I have a beautiful and touching operatic version of that song that I perform for my husband. I crack myself up. Thank God he finds me amusing, as well.
lol.gif

Iridescence

I absolutely love the hands in my pocket commericals, they make me laugh!!!!!

Greatest commerical ever!!!!

and also, the commercial with the NHL hockey players in the hotel and Ovechkin is on the phone ordering a disgusting amount of food...lol...and at the end they ask for his name and hes like, "Sidney Crosby" its great!!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
God, the worst thing about that commercial is that the jingle gets stuck in your head and you find yourself humming or singing it!!!! I have a beautiful and touching operatic version of that song that I perform for my husband. I crack myself up. Thank God he finds me amusing, as well.
lol.gif

at my work .. we were actually doing the dance .. haha it was ridiculous!

Hawkeye

Oh man theres one where they have a bunch of monsters or giants or something singing that horrible song and it just scares me. I have to change it. I hate that commercial. What's that for Pepto Bismol or something like that?

Katja

The newest Coke commercials are 'cute'. And also a Pizza commercial about the guys sitting around the table each with their own abnormally huge facial feature. My favorite in a long time would have to be this deodorant commercial w/ some middle aged man topless w/ a hairy chest, and he applies the deodorant, and hair grows stating 'manly'.
lol.gif
That shit was funny.

Usually, after I see a good commercial more than twice, it gets old, because I know what to expect.

Ads I loathe: Steak N Shake, McDonalds, Subway - mostly fast food ads.

I did think the one Arby's commercial about the fish sandwiches was so cheesy, but it was funny. 'Are those fishnets?' 'Yes, do you know what I'm thinking??' '2 Fish sandwiches $4 dollars Arby's Where's the keys here they are let's go'

How I remember that is beyond me.