Prescriptives Discussion

kblakes

Re: Prescriptives going out of business

I find it sad that they are being shut down. I liked a few of their products. They are my only option in the winter time for foundation since I am so pale. I have to have them custom blend my color. I wonder if Estee Lauder will absorb their products into another brand? Some are very popular.

JStarJStar

OMG-- what should I do? it's the only foundation and concealer I've ever used! and I have such picky skin... it's not clear now (not even close to being clear) but I'm scared of it getting worse!! eeeeeeeeek! I'm glad to know, but does anyone have suggestions for a non-comedogenic foundation and concealer?
Or should I just haul/stash a TON??
Does anyone know how the colours transfer to MAC, etc.?
-I am Cream 02 Y/O in the Flawless Skin foundation and Level 1 Warm in the total protection concealer
-I am open to suggestions!

alka1

Wow, what a shame to see them go like that. Their foundations/concealers were very popular and they had some excellent standout products. But I am sure that overall they were losing a bit of steam compared to other cosmetics companies. oh well
ssad.gif

crystrill

I work at a CCO, my manager was telling us about this earlier. More than likely their products will begin showing up at CCO's full force in the coming months. I mean, they have to get rid of the products somehow right?

And from being bored at work, a co-worker and I noticed a lot of discontinued and/or popular Prescriptives stuff ends up at Clinique and vice versa.

kathyp

That's too bad. I really liked their foundations, Virtual Skin especially. And Traceless was one of my favorite tinted moisturizers. I'm not really shocked, though. Compared to others lines Px seemed to be stuck in the 90s.

RedRibbon

I only bought a bottle of their lipgloss from Selfridges the other day and so far I am in love with it.

A few months ago, everything on the House of Fraser website which was by Prescriptives was marked down really cheap..then they took the prices back up.

elektra513

I am very sad. Their foundation (virtual matte, virtual skin, and anywear powder) was the best match for me so far and I had been searching for years to find makeup in the right undertones. I have no idea what I am going to do when I can no longer use them. I do plan on stocking up on my fave products, but when it all runs out, then what?

This sucks.

I also wonder what other EL companies are getting shut down...

NubianHoneii

Im sorry to those who are losing a fave brand, however...

thank God Calyx will remain in production! If that fragrance was to vanish my mother would have a heart attack and my mind would draw a blank on what to get her every Christmas.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah I found out about this today at work (Macy's), damn shame they had some good stuff! Worst case scenario there's always three custom color I guess to customize stuff, I'm gonna have to be sending them some of my Px things to match..

Twinkle_Twinkle

This is really sad. Prescriptives was one of the first more high-end brands that I got into. Yes, their line is a little boring, but it's functional and their foundations are wonderful. What is the world going to do without Custom Blend?

SpaJeweler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I have never bought anything from them, they just never appealed to me and I never quite believed that they could match foundation to an individuals skin, not that I know, but I've always thought how is that possible since the judgement of the SA is involved right? Or am I wrong, is it done in some other way? Because SA's rarely match skin and foundation well...

I had a fantastic experience being color matched by Zoe - who became a nationally known Prescriptives makeup artist. She is phenomenal. I also loved their Advance (or is it Intensive) Skin Repair. I'm sorry to see them go. I also liked their eye shadows. Calyx was my least favorite item
smiles.gif

Spa Jeweler

Dani California

I'm so sad about this, their traceless tint is the only thing light enough for my skin, level one. Anybody any recs for anything similar?

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubianHoneii
Im sorry to those who are losing a fave brand, however...

thank God Calyx will remain in production! If that fragrance was to vanish my mother would have a heart attack and my mind would draw a blank on what to get her every Christmas.

LMAO so funny you said that because when I told my friend she said, "Good, now maybe my mom will stop wearing that stank ass perfume."

MzzRach

ashk36

damn...and i was just considering trying their foundation!! now i'm afraid if i do i'll fall in love with it and be shit outta luck. boo.

Kragey

I just heard about this! God, what a shame...I never really bought their products for myself, because I can't afford them, but they were my mother's absolute favorite. Great, natural colors, and when I came home without my make-up and had to borrow some, I always looked forward to using her Prescriptives lip palette...because hey, I usually don't wear my drag queen stuff when I'm visiting family members.
winks.gif

Also, I'm not really in to sparkles, but mom mom bought *magic powder, and I used it once or twice for my school dances back in high school...it gives your skin a great finish.

Now I'm tempted to beg somebody to take me to one of their counters so I can finally purchase my own bottle of their foundation, and maybe one or two lip palettes.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah it is a shame! Me and my mother use both of their custom blend foundations and powders so this really sucks! Their eyeshadows were pretty nice too, very nice pigment. I'm gonna have to start gradually stocking up now!

Meisje

If you are upset about them closing, you should email them and tell them what the company means to you and what your fave products are. Who knows, maybe it would affect the availability of certain most-requested products through another line.