RiRi Hearts MAC Fall Collection (October 3, 2013)

shontay07108

Agreed. And when since when did two A- and two F grades equal an overall F? Last time i was in school that averaged a C. Still a passing grade but just barely. Again, proof that bloggers grades mean nothing.
I wondered that, too. I didn't read her review b/c I don't care enough but 2 A's out of 4 cannot be an F. There's no point in grades. Just keep it simple and recommend it or not.

Mizani

I know I won't be getting TTT liner based on how it looked on T. It looked horrible and patchy :( I'm not sure about the lipstick; it was the one thing I was looking forward too! I need to see more swatches to see if it's really worth all the work needed when applying. I'm quite surprised that the blush and highlighter have made their way to my list when I wasn't even considering them -.-
To be honest, I think TTT lipstick only looks a little bit more patchy than the way FOD looked on her if you compare the swatches. Plus who knows, she might have put on TTT last so her lips might have already been thru the ringer. Lol. Truthfully, these retro matte lipsticks are kind of hard to wear multiple days in a row let alone back to back when trying them on one after the other. I am sure with fully prepped lips and a bit of patience the lipstick will go on fine. Look at all the IG picks we've seen. :)

ForeverJenn

To be honest, I think TTT lipstick only looks a little bit more patchy than the way FOD looked on her if you compare the swatches. Plus who knows, she might have put on TTT last so her lips might have already been thru the ringer. Lol. Truthfully, these retro matte lipsticks are kind of hard to wear multiple days in a row let alone back to back when trying them on one after the other. I am sure with fully prepped lips and a bit of patience the lipstick will go on fine. Look at all the IG picks we've seen. :)
Lol I was doing just that when I read your reply.
2f67bec6_image.jpeg
Both TTT and FOD look patchy on T's lips but I know alot of people still love FOD (I'm yet to receive mine). TTT is more plum In color, which I love :heart: I'm just going to go for it because I'm sure I'll regret it in the long run. :) P.s idk why that nude lipstick has grown on me? Am I the only one who sorta likes it? :blush:

Mizani

Oh yeah, I had called my local PRO store again and apparently they got the memo cause now they are saying Sept 26 for the launch. I also forgot to mention that the girl I talked too when I called Monday said that the lustre drops were coming back with the Holiday collection. Sorry if that was mentioned before. She kind of mentioned that either a couple of lipsticks from the online releases or a whole new lipstick was going to launch too but she wasn't sure. She just said that she saw in the book a pic/description of a lipstick that didn't match what was being released with Riri Fall. Sorry if this is repeat info. :-D

pinkpaint

I really like Nude. Aww man lol. A grey nude would be super pretty for fall. It looks like it's in-between Twig and Hot Chocolate.

Mizani

Lol I was doing just that when I read your reply.
2f67bec6_image.jpeg
Both TTT and FOD look patchy on T's lips but I know alot of people still love FOD (I'm yet to receive mine). TTT is more plum In color, which I love :heart: I'm just going to go for it because I'm sure I'll regret it in the long run. :) P.s idk why that nude lipstick has grown on me? Am I the only one who sorta likes it? :blush:
The Nude does look a LOT better now than the initial pics we saw weeks ago but sadly I know it will look like crap on me. Lol. I am just getting around to finding a way to wear my Fresh Brew that I had B2M for YEARS ago! :-D

NaomiH

P.s idk why that nude lipstick has grown on me? Am I the only one who sorta likes it?
blush-anim-cl.gif
Nope, after I saw swatches on Beautezine, Temptalia and MMB I have added it to my maybe list and will get it if it doesn't look like complete crap on me.

Copperhead

The Nude does look a LOT better now than the initial pics we saw weeks ago but sadly I know it will look like crap on me. Lol. I am just getting around to finding a way to wear my Fresh Brew that I had B2M for YEARS ago! :-D
Oh and I love Fresh Brew! It's the first lipstick that I've just about worn down to the nub. It never leaves my makeup bag in my purse. It's pretty much my 'go to' lippie.

Mizani

I am a little bit surprised how much darker TTT is than FOD. That's probably why it looks extra patchy.

Mizani

Oh and I love Fresh Brew! It's the first lipstick that I've just about worn down to the nub. It never leaves my makeup bag in my purse. It's pretty much my 'go to' lippie.
Fresh Brew is pretty but I wish it was a bit warmer for my skintone. However,the finish makes it workable. I put my old Phospherelle lipglass on it from the Lure, Bait, Hook collection. :)

xoxomia

I originally wanted TTT but after seeing T's swatches I'm torn. The nude looks beautiful which is a huge surprise to me!

Mizani

Can anyone point me to the best way of applying the cream colour base highlighter? What brush works best?
Hmm, maybe the #188 for a lighter application or the #109 for a heavier application but will buff nicely. I don't really know since I don't wear CCBs. Lol

Erinaceina

My only definite is Hibiscus Kiss. I love the look of Nude, but I think that it'll be a disaster on my colouring. WTC could be equally disastrously orange on me - if it looked anything like it does on Karen, I'd be very happy, but I think that's unlikely. RRW looks very pretty, but I don't know if I can justify it when I already have Ruby Woo and NARS Mysterious Red. I want to see if Diamonds will be a pure highlighter on my skin tone (in which case, no - I'll get other stuff and save to get one of the perm ccbs), or if it will give me some colour as well. And I don't know if I can justify getting the Her Cocoa quad, even though the colours are definitely ones I like. So, I guess I'll be the idiot hanging round outside Harvey Nichols with a coffee at opening time on 3rd October.

Mizani

My only definite is Hibiscus Kiss. I love the look of Nude, but I think that it'll be a disaster on my colouring. WTC could be equally disastrously orange on me - if it looked anything like it does on Karen, I'd be very happy, but I think that's unlikely. RRW looks very pretty, but I don't know if I can justify it when I already have Ruby Woo and NARS Mysterious Red. I want to see if Diamonds will be a pure highlighter on my skin tone (in which case, no - I'll get other stuff and save to get one of the perm ccbs), or if it will give me some colour as well. And I don't know if I can justify getting the Her Cocoa quad, even though the colours are definitely ones I like. So, I guess I'll be the idiot hanging round outside Harvey Nichols with a coffee at opening time on 3rd October.
I have both of those as well as Riri Woo and I can tell you that all three are different. Not vastly different but different if you love reds. ;) The lipliner you pair it with will make all the difference. Wasn't till recently I started to pair Ruby Woo with Vino instead of Currant like I do with Riri. Currant compliments Riri more, at least to me.

Speaking of liners, welp ladies I just tried on my FOD with Vino Lipliner. OMG, two thumbs up! I wasn't so sure when I first applied but as I layered it, the color got prettier and prettier. I never would have thought that Vino was a strong enough color to pull a clearly brownish red color and make it plum. This combo is NICE!! Like I said before, I would have NEVER thought to put these two colors together. Wow, just wow! :)

ForeverJenn

Hmm, maybe the #188 for a lighter application or the #109 for a heavier application but will buff nicely. I don't really know since I don't wear CCBs. Lol
lol thanks :hug: I don't use ccb's either; in fact if purchased, Diamonds would be my first one.

martiangurll

Agreed. And when since when did two A- and two F grades equal an overall F? Last time i was in school that averaged a C. Still a passing grade but just barely. Again, proof that bloggers grades mean nothing.
Being the nerdy former teacher's aid that I am, I noticed those grades added to a c also rather than an f. I'm still skipping. Maybe she rounded down two grades for the tacky packaging and her general dissatisfaction with the brand...

Erinaceina

I have both of those as well as Riri Woo and I can tell you that all three are different. Not vastly different but different if you love reds. ;) The lipliner you pair it with will make all the difference. Wasn't till recently I started to pair Ruby Woo with Vino instead of Currant like I do with Riri. Currant compliments Riri more, at least to me.

Speaking of liners, welp ladies I just tried on my FOD with Vino Lipliner. OMG, two thumbs up! I wasn't so sure when I first applied but as I layered it, the color got prettier and prettier. I never would have thought that Vino was a strong enough color to pull a clearly brownish red color and make it plum. This combo is NICE!! Like I said before, I would have NEVER thought to put these two colors together. Wow, just wow! :)
Thanks for the enabling. ;) I've definitely been loving reds lately, so this has just made RRW even more tempting.

erine1881

Can anyone point me to the best way of applying the cream colour base highlighter? What brush works best?
Your fingers are gonna be the best tool to apply them as a cheek highlighter, and a 242/252 for a brow highlighter, and a 219 for an inner corner highlight.