RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

StrongWoman

too many pages to read again... not playing ketchup

So I think the last post I read was about the LE thing and still available on website so yeah it is constant constant issue. I get my perfume from a niche company and they do LE scents as in you can buy for these 3-5 days online {the lunar blends} to you can buy for 3-4 months {holiday blends} which is how I think of LE items. Mac is just crazy with it's we only made X amount and if it is gone in 5 minutes boo hoo to you. It is like we are supposed to believe they lost the color formula and they can't make more. Churn out that lipstick for how ever many orders come in over a set period of time and that would take care of the ebay scalpers, the website crashing, and the peeps getting upset because their orders they made an hour into update got backordered or cancelled.

permanent items, imo, are available pretty much whenever you want them so having a set window in which to buy something automatically makes it le. This mystery amount of stuff you have to go nuts trying to pick up is beyond stupid.
lmao.gif
True... how many "mid-tone pink" or "(insert adj) lavender" will come out in each collection? Not that I mind at all...

Pinkdollface

Well I'm in the UK waiting room.

It launched 8mins late, I added to basket immediately, figured it'd be pretty quick considering, but nope. Ah well, time to see how long I have to wait.
It launched here too, but we have no waiting room. It's just like a normal collection, so I ordered within a minute. I don't think I've ever placed an order so fast. I got all three lippies and RRW is my BU.

PeachTwist

I'm actually currently at my checkout -- but I'm waiting on a response from someone in the UK thread. I'm wanting a free shipping code, lmao. I could pay now but I just don't want to pay shipping, is that bad?

pinkfizz

I'm in the UK waiting room, I got to checkout clicked proceed and now it's took me back to the waiting room. Ffs MAC.

PeachTwist

Meh. My own fault for missing Heaux for not wanting to pay shipping but ffs, I really didn't think it'd sell out within 10mins -- less than. What crap. You can't even place an order to get a back order, just says Sold Out. Paypal denied my payment twice, god knows why. So I took even longer to get checked out having to type my card details in. I am genuinely annoyed though -- how limited of stock could they have had to sell out within 10mins considering how long you sit in the waiting room and it didn't even launch until exactly 20mins ago.

StrongWoman

Meh.  My own fault for missing Heaux for not wanting to pay shipping but ffs, I really didn't think it'd sell out within 10mins -- less than.  What crap.  You can't even place an order to get a back order, just says Sold Out.  Paypal denied my payment twice, god knows why.  So I took even longer to get checked out having to type my card details in.  I am genuinely annoyed though -- how limited of stock could they have had to sell out within 10mins considering how long you sit in the waiting room and it didn't even launch until exactly 20mins ago.
I am sorry, PeachTwist. That's so frustrating.

elkaknits

I know you international gals often get short changed on the quantities sent but honestly you would think that, after the fiasco over here, they would have the sense to get their IT act together before launching over there

TommyCJC

I really wanted Heaux too!!
I was almost ready to just give up with the waiting room but then finally it worked!!
I got a RiRi Boy and Woo, very happy with that!! Hopefully I ACTUALLY get them and they don't fuck me around!!
I loved all 3 shades but I can settle with 2! =) xo

PeachTwist

You'd have thought so.

I mean sure I was being slow trying to get a shipping code, but in the end I gave up and tried to check out. Paypal declined twice, kept saying there was some kind of error. By the time I got there to use my card, sold out.

I just got off Live Chat to ask if it really was sold out and to ask just how little quantities were sent for it to be sold out so quickly.

The collection went live at 12:08. I received my e-mail for RiRi Woo at 12:25. So that means in total including waiting in the waiting room and 2 declines etc it was 17mins it sold out. SEVENTEEN MINUTES. WTF MAC?!

She also tried to tell me that MAC Red lipstick is similar to Heaux. Damnit Heaux, if I wanted Red I'd order it! I want Heaux!

Gatton

I've decided to not order anything from this collection, nothing has wowed me and I can't justify spending 19 euros on a lipstick I'm not sure I want... Maybe when it will be released in the fall (Europe too?) I'll order some, because there'll be more swatches, but meh. Wish we had more reviews. :)