Secret Santa

xllmodelcece

I decided to come up with a secret santa idea for the board, this way everyone can win/get a little something for the holidays. I will inform you on how this is going to work, rules and regulations, and the spending price as soon as i get enough ppl who want to participate.

Those of you who want to can either PM me or can leave it on here..

i hope alot of you participate.

Those of you who want to help me organize this are more than welcome, again just PM me or let me know on here

thank you =]

Willa

You started the thread and 30 minutes after you ask if people wants to participate. Also, don't take it personnal, but you mostly just joined this board and already want to start a ''contest'' without telling us more details...

I think it's just normal that people don't really want to participate for now
winks.gif

NutMeg

I'd like to hear a few more details before I commit to anything. By the way Willa, it might be that English isn't your first language, but that came out a little harsh. Just 'cause the OP is new doesn't mean no one will want to participate.

She is right though, you can't get upset that no one replied in the first half hour. Especially because the time of day when you posted is usually a slow time on the forum. Post some details of this Secret Santa and we'll see what happens.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
I'd like to hear a few more details before I commit to anything. By the way Willa, it might be that English isn't your first language, but that came out a little harsh. Just 'cause the OP is new doesn't mean no one will want to participate.

That wasnt my intention
th_dunno.gif

I try my best to write as good as I can in english but as I don't know all the expressions, I assume I could have used better words.

I wanted to say that because there's not a lot of details, people don't tend to participate a lot. Not because the person is new... sorry for that. It's just that, being on a few boards (mostly in french) when people start home made contests, of what I've seen, it can't work to it's best if the intender doesnt give full details at first.

Sorry again, my bad.
winks.gif

NutMeg

I figured you were trying to say something like that. Don't worry, I have the utmost respect for all of the girls on this board who speak English as a second language. Your English is waaaaay better than my French, so props to you. The only reason I brought it up was so the OP would be aware that it's your second language, and because I always want people to let me know when I've said something weird in French and how to rephrase it.
th_hug.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
You started the thread and 30 minutes after you ask if people wants to participate. Also, don't take it personnal, but you mostly just joined this board and already want to start a ''contest'' without telling us more details...

I think it's just normal that people don't really want to participate for now
winks.gif

Willa, I didn't take this the wrong way. I thought you made perfect sense. It was a reasonable response.
winks.gif

little teaser

did you talk to one of the mods or Janice about this? i think it would be a great idea, i know that they do this on mut every year and it seems to go alright. i think it should be talked with and approved with Janice for people to feel comfortable enough to participate, they usually do this right after thanksgiving though to make sure every one gets there gifts on time since it is the holidays and mail can run a Lil slower and for international participants

Shimmer

Janice posted in the hauladay thread that if members wanted to do their own SS project, they could, but the site itself will not sponsor one.

xllmodelcece

yeah i was told to post in this thread..

anyways.. here at the rules

spending limit is 20.. you can go under but try not to go over..

those who want to participate will be put in a bag and then be paired up. No one will know who their secret santa is..

its not really a contest..

uhm sorry im new at this if you wana add rules be my guest =[

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Willa, I didn't take this the wrong way. I thought you made perfect sense. It was a reasonable response.
winks.gif

Thanks
Its just that I know sometimes I have difficulties to express myself (in english), and situations like that can happen
lol.gif

xllmodelcece

Sign-Up Deadline:
(Draw Date)
Thursday, December 20, 2007 Exchange Date: Saturday, December 22, 2007 Spending Limit: $20.00 How to Deliver: Mail or deliver the gift directly to the person you drew. » Gift Guideline: Anything - Be Creative Additional Info: Try to stay within the spending limit, and make sure you make a wishlist to give your person some good ideas. This is going to be lots of fun!

xllmodelcece

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaLee
i'd love to join!!

PM me your first name and last name so i can add you to the list

xllmodelcece

PM me your first name and last name and email so i can add you to the list as well =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCuppyCakes
I'm still interested.

xllmodelcece

sorry all this took so long to set up..

i have finals and i was tryin to get ready for them but im good for now