Sephora Friends & Family 2013

josephine90

Yes! Haha jk I've never used it but I have shiseido eye cream in my cart right now. Their Skincare is so luxe.
haha i need a new cleanser! Im out of my purity cleanser and im thinking of going paraben free so i might not repurchase it. what cleanser do you like? it is luxe! i never know what eye cream to use, anti aging or just hydrating? im just using bobbi brown hydrating eye cream cos im afraid i ll get milla LOL

brittbby

haha i need a new cleanser! Im out of my purity cleanser and im thinking of going paraben free so i might not repurchase it. what cleanser do you like? it is luxe! i never know what eye cream to use, anti aging or just hydrating? im just using bobbi brown hydrating eye cream cos im afraid i ll get milla LOL
I have yet to find a cleanser that impresses me. My skin is more on the dry side. I've been using just a ponds cleanser and Bobbi brown cleansing oil. They are both ok. I actually really liked the NARS cleanser I was using but just didn't repurchase for some reason (I actually think shiseido makes nars skincare)! I like Bobbi brown eye cream! I've been switching between that and the kiehls eye cream, but I got a sample of the shiseido one and fell in love! I use an alcohol free toner where milla usually forms and it's been keeping them away! I had gotten one from my Kiehl's eye cream and figured out a solution.

sujusarangx3

shiseido white lucent brightening cleansing foam, yes or no?
Did you girls see the Shiseido eye cream gift sets? Both eye creams on the site are $55 alone, but there are two gift sets with each with a FULL SIZED eye cream plus a huge deluxe size sample of cleansing foams/brightening serums/etc for the same price ($55). So why pay $55 for just the eye cream when you can also get it with a bunch of other goodies for the same price?! I have tried the benefiance set and I loved the cleanser so much I bought a full size one :)
Links to the Benefiance set and White Lucent Set

brittbby

Did you girls see the Shiseido eye cream gift sets? Both eye creams on the site are $55 alone, but there are two gift sets with each with a FULL SIZED eye cream plus a huge deluxe size sample of cleansing foams/brightening serums/etc for the same price ($55). I have tried the benefiance set and I loved the cleanser so much I bought a full size one :) Benefiance set and White Lucent Set
Oh yes! I have the benefiance one in my cart! I saw it was a steal so I definitely think I'm going to be grabbing that set! I'm so excited! I love skin care!

nazih09

I'm debating whether to return the hourglass palette. I haven't even received it lol, but If I same effect from my amber diamond, I'll be returning it.

brittbby

I'm debating whether to return the hourglass palette. I haven't even received it lol, but If I same effect from my amber diamond, I'll be returning it.
Oh I think it'll be a very different effect! I don't know cuz I haven't gotten the palette yet but I have luminous glow from hourglass and amber diamonds (HG of all highlighting products) and they are very different.

nazih09

Oh I think it'll be a very different effect! I don't know cuz I haven't gotten the palette yet but I have luminous glow from hourglass and amber diamonds (HG of all highlighting products) and they are very different.
oh wow then I'm excited! I honestly picked up the highlight palette cause of all the hype, and having the 20% off was too tempting lol! amber diamonds is the only highlighter I have (hard to believe I know) and I love it.

dash4

I don't think they're the same type of product. Amber Diamond is a shimmery highlight powder. The Hourglass Ambient powders are all over finishing powder to be used all over the face (or just areas that you want to target). It's not shimmery at all. It does give a slight glow to the skin because it has light reflecting elements in it, like Nars' light reflecting powder.

The new shade included in the palette ---Incandescent Light--- does have a refined shimmer in it from what I've heard--- to be used as a highlight.. but the other two are definitely face/finishing powders... and nothing close to Amber Diamond. Good luck!

nazih09

I don't think they're the same type of product. Amber Diamond is a shimmery highlight powder. The Hourglass Ambient powders are all over finishing powder to be used all over the face (or just areas that you want to target). It's not shimmery at all. It does give a slight glow to the skin because it has light reflecting elements in it, like Nars' light reflecting powder.

The new shade included in the palette ---Incandescent Light--- does have a refined shimmer in it from what I've heard--- to be used as a highlight.. but the other two are definitely face/finishing powders... and nothing close to Amber Diamond. Good luck!
I usually don't set my foundation with powder so I'm excited to see the difference with these powders!

brittbby

oh wow then I'm excited! I honestly picked up the highlight palette cause of all the hype, and having the 20% off was too tempting lol! amber diamonds is the only highlighter I have (hard to believe I know) and I love it.
Oh ya! I think you'll love the hourglass powders. Radiant glow (that's in the palette) I use to bronze up my skin. It's not overly brown just gives a really beautiful glow to the skin! You could use it all over the face, but I prefer to use it in the 3 and E motion :)! I don't own dim and incandescent is limited to the palette! Can't wait to play with my hourglass palette!!

Serenityy

Oh ya! I think you'll love the hourglass powders. Radiant glow (that's in the palette) I use to bronze up my skin. It's not overly brown just gives a really beautiful glow to the skin! You could use it all over the face, but I prefer to use it in the 3 and E motion :)! I don't own dim and incandescent is limited to the palette! Can't wait to play with my hourglass palette!!
I don't know if you said this earlier but what brush(es) have you been using with these powders?

josephine90

Did you girls see the Shiseido eye cream gift sets? Both eye creams on the site are $55 alone, but there are two gift sets with each with a FULL SIZED eye cream plus a huge deluxe size sample of cleansing foams/brightening serums/etc for the same price ($55). So why pay $55 for just the eye cream when you can also get it with a bunch of other goodies for the same price?! I have tried the benefiance set and I loved the cleanser so much I bought a full size one :)  Links to the Benefiance set and White Lucent Set
Ooo i dint see that! Now im tempted lol

josephine90

Oh man, you need to stop enabling! My cart is going above 200 even with the discount! one night stand palette, hourglass palette and the crazy balls are the most exp,i think i should cut one out!

brittbby

I don't know if you said this earlier but what brush(es) have you been using with these powders?
I bought the ambient lighting brush and I tend to use that for luminous and radiant glow. I have ethereal glow that I specifically use to set and highlight my under eyes and I typically just use a larger shadow brush to press it into my skin ( like the 224). I really wish I had the mac 165 because I feel like it would be perfect so I may buy sigmas version.

brittbby

Oh man, you need to stop enabling! My cart is going above 200 even with the discount! one night stand palette, hourglass palette and the crazy balls are the most exp,i think i should cut one out!
Tell me about it! I have almost $400 in my shopping cart right now. I cannot let that happen lol!

beatlegirl

I just talked to my girls at JCPS and she said that she doesn't have all the details yet but she knows they are going to hold two separate events in November - the regular sale for VIB & BI and then another event just for VIB & VIBR. She also said that she heard they will have at least 25% off for VIBR. I can't wait to find out what all they have in store for us
yahoo.gif

brittbby

I just talked to my girls at JCPS and she said that she doesn't have all the details yet but she knows they are going to hold two separate events in November - the regular sale for VIB & BI and then another event just for VIB & VIBR.   She also said that she heard they will have at least 25% off for VIBR.   I can't wait to find out what all they have in store for us :yahoo:
Amazing! Sephoras got me spending all sorts of dough.

Serenityy

I bought the ambient lighting brush and I tend to use that for luminous and radiant glow. I have ethereal glow that I specifically use to set and highlight my under eyes and I typically just use a larger shadow brush to press it into my skin ( like the 224). I really wish I had the mac 165 because I feel like it would be perfect so I may buy sigmas version.
Thank you! I also have a lot of things in my cart as well. I'm trying to narrow my stuff down. For instance, I want to try the Guerlain Crazy Pearls Illuminating Powder but is it worth it if I just bought the Hourglass powder? Ugh so many decisions lol.

Serenityy

I just talked to my girls at JCPS and she said that she doesn't have all the details yet but she knows they are going to hold two separate events in November - the regular sale for VIB & BI and then another event just for VIB & VIBR.   She also said that she heard they will have at least 25% off for VIBR.   I can't wait to find out what all they have in store for us :yahoo:
Ugh I'm so far away from being VIBR :sigh: