Sephora Friends & Family 2013

MacAddictNurse

Those of you contemplating the NARS One Night Stand - as others have said, if you like two of the blushes included then the palette is a steal. The blushes are nearly full size and full size is $29. I'm sure I'll end up with the Ambient palette b/c it's LE, but I don't think I need more subtle highlighters. I've got plenty of highlighters right now that I don't really used as I should. Blargh! Today, however, I swatched a highlighter and it took my breath. Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Spellbound. Beautiful! It's much like MAC's EDSF formula. Sold out online, but we still have it in store. Ughhhh! Novacaine I feel for you. Sujusarang thanks for those Shiseido links!
So I can see that you and I are skin twins and I gotta tell you the Laura Mercier highlighter is the business! My fav I've been using it nonstop since I got it. I like to use it the most with face and body it just gives the best glow. As far as the hourglass palette it's nice but I mainly only use Radiant, I use it all over and gives me a glow and minimizes pores the others are not so great I think on my complexion.

nazih09

Those of you contemplating the NARS One Night Stand - as others have said, if you like two of the blushes included then the palette is a steal. The blushes are nearly full size and full size is $29.
I'm sure I'll end up with the Ambient palette b/c it's LE, but I don't think I need more subtle highlighters. I've got plenty of highlighters right now that I don't really used as I should. Blargh! Today, however, I swatched a highlighter and it took my breath. Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Spellbound. Beautiful! It's much like MAC's EDSF formula. Sold out online, but we still have it in store.

Ughhhh! Novacaine I feel for you.

Sujusarang thanks for those Shiseido links!
ahh I was going to check this out at the store and forgot all about it. Hope my macy's counter still has it

Kaori

Btw there is new 500point reward at sephora: Thierry Mugler Angel set =) Anybody tried the scent?

MissTT

Kaori the LM highlighter was LE so I think it is soldout online at Sephora. Check your local store though. We still have them in stock at mine. I haven't tried the Dior highlighters so I can't comment on those unfortunately. I'll try to look for Amber Diamond next week. My highlighters are: NARS Luster and Orgasm Illuminator, MAC EDSF Whisper of Gilt/Superb/Definitely Defined/Shape the Future and Barbados Girl Lustre Drops, Guerlain Meteorites Teint Dore, and Benefit Sunbeam. That's off the top of my head. I may have a few others. Seems like too many for me. I'm not sure if I should really be considering more.
Also, I'm not a fan of Angel at all. I wish I was, but I can't handle it.

nazih09 I forgot about this highlighter, too, but today I randomly swatched it and I couldn't believe it. The texture was beautiful as was the color.

MacAddictNurse my fear is I'll only use Radiant as well. I think I may pass. Do you have oilier skin? I do and am not sure I want to put that shimmer all over my face. Although I went for the radiant look today and people told me my skin looked good. Who knows.

Kaori

Kaori the LM highlighter was LE so I think it is soldout online at Sephora. Check your local store though. We still have them in stock at mine. I haven't tried the Dior highlighters so I can't comment on those unfortunately. I'll try to look for Amber Diamond next week. My highlighters are: NARS Luster and Orgasm Illuminator, MAC EDSF Whisper of Gilt/Superb/Definitely Defined/Shape the Future and Barbados Girl Lustre Drops, Guerlain Meteorites Teint Dore, and Benefit Sunbeam. That's off the top of my head. I may have a few others. Seems like too many for me. I'm not sure if I should really be considering more.
Also, I'm not a fan of Angel at all. I wish I was, but I can't handle it.

nazih09 I forgot about this highlighter, too, but today I randomly swatched it and I couldn't believe it. The texture was beautiful as was the color.

MacAddictNurse my fear is I'll only use Radiant as well. I think I may pass. Do you have oilier skin? I do and am not sure I want to put that shimmer all over my face. Although I went for the radiant look today and people told me my skin looked good. Who knows.
Thanks, I will check sephora store =)

MacAddictNurse

Kaori the LM highlighter was LE so I think it is soldout online at Sephora. Check your local store though. We still have them in stock at mine. I haven't tried the Dior highlighters so I can't comment on those unfortunately. I'll try to look for Amber Diamond next week. My highlighters are: NARS Luster and Orgasm Illuminator, MAC EDSF Whisper of Gilt/Superb/Definitely Defined/Shape the Future and Barbados Girl Lustre Drops, Guerlain Meteorites Teint Dore, and Benefit Sunbeam. That's off the top of my head. I may have a few others. Seems like too many for me. I'm not sure if I should really be considering more. Also, I'm not a fan of Angel at all. I wish I was, but I can't handle it. nazih09 I forgot about this highlighter, too, but today I randomly swatched it and I couldn't believe it. The texture was beautiful as was the color. MacAddictNurse my fear is I'll only use Radiant as well. I think I may pass. Do you have oilier skin? I do and am not sure I want to put that shimmer all over my face. Although I went for the radiant look today and people told me my skin looked good. Who knows.
Yeah that's why I kinda regret getting it considering it's a much smaller amount of product and plus mine came scratched up and beat up I just didn't do anything bout it but I think I'll call them about it tomorrow. My skin it's typically oily but I've been using the nars pro primer and it's been controlling it a whole lot I don't know what it is bout that primer or the face wash I recently started using that I'm no longer a grease mess although after a 13 hour shift I definitely get oily

Kaori

Btw if anyone is considering whether to get Sephora Favorites Glitz & Glam 45$ or not, get it! :D It's nice selection and the bag is super cute ;) and the jcpenney sephora makeup must haves set for 36$ looks also good: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Sephora-in-JCPenney-Lip-Set/td-p/717919 :D I wonder if the bag is white color or same goldishrose color as glitz&glam bag, hmm

KiKi Kontour

im gonna keep it light this year and get ONE new stila foiled shadow (vintage blk gold) kat von d mini lip set (those are always awesome to grab) and occ sebastian lip color (cuz im so intrigued by this shade)

califabulous

So wow. Only 15% for VIB? Hmm I guess a sale is a sale but I'm definitely limiting my purhase this year. I'll just stick to buying from Nordies and pile up on my notes. My list: Purity face wash Clarisonic sensitive brush head Beauty blender The one rollerball Sephora mattifying blot sheets Still thinking about replacing my MUFE pwdr but i think I want to try Chanel's powder foundation instead.

Kaori

I received The Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel BagTarte today, yay. The eyeshadows are good, if you don't use primer they are pale, but if you use primer, the color is same as in the pan =) What I don't like though are the lipglosses, they are sticky. But then I tried the nars lipgloss and buxom lipgloss and they are just as sticky... Anybody knows of a nonsticky brand of that style of lipgloss, or are all sticky? Maybe I should start using the glossy pencils instead :(
Btw the blush color is really pretty :D its more of a soft rose pink I would say.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I received The Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel BagTarte today, yay. The eyeshadows are good, if you don't use primer they are pale, but if you use primer, the color is same as in the pan =) What I don't like though are the lipglosses, they are sticky. But then I tried the nars lipgloss and buxom lipgloss and they are just as sticky... Anybody knows of a nonsticky brand of that style of lipgloss, or are all sticky? Maybe I should start using the glossy pencils instead :( Btw the blush color is really pretty :D its more of a soft rose pink I would say.
I can't wait to receive The Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag.

prettygirl

I have Deep Throat, Orgasm (2), and Laguna already.. but I'm still lemming for the new blush palette
icon_eek.gif
. If I don't get the palette I am going to get another Laguna though, I actually hit the pan on that one. First world problems, forreal... decisions decisions. Help?? Lol

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I have Deep Throat, Orgasm (2), and Laguna already.. but I'm still lemming for the new blush palette :shock:  . If I don't get the palette I am going to get another Laguna though, I actually hit the pan on that one. First world problems, forreal... decisions decisions. Help?? Lol
I say get it if you like Deep Throat, Orgasm, and Laguna. I bought it even though I have 2 Orgasms from the previous 2 blush palettes and 3-4 deluxe-size Laguna because I do like those shades and don't mind multiples of them.

MissTT

I have officially decided to resist the Ambient Lighting Palette. I'm afraid only one color will work well for me. I'm kind of sad as Hourglass items are so elegant.