Sephora Friends & Family 2013

shy_makeup_girl

Well my Sephora order just came in the mail and my hourglass ambient palette is pretty scratched up. Damn, it was the one thing I was looking forward to for my birthday.
Off to the nearest sephora location to exchange it tomorrow!

Also, Im super excited to try the Boscia sponge! Eeeeee!

On a side note: I find asking complete strangers for codes to be EXTREMELY rude. Not only did you join the Specktra community like last week but then you have to go ahead and LIE about why you want the code? PFFFFFFT. I never asked anyone for a code yet a gracious person decided to send me an email. I was eternally grateful.

Have manners, people!

Copperhead

Well my Sephora order just came in the mail and my hourglass ambient palette is pretty scratched up. Damn, it was the one thing I was looking forward to for my birthday.
Off to the nearest sephora location to exchange it tomorrow!

Also, Im super excited to try the Boscia sponge! Eeeeee!

On a side note: I find asking complete strangers for codes to be EXTREMELY rude. Not only did you join the Specktra community like last week but then you have to go ahead and LIE about why you want the code? PFFFFFFT. I never asked anyone for a code yet a gracious person decided to send me an email. I was eternally grateful.

Have manners, people!
I've been looking at that sponge wondering if it's any good. Can you please post your thoughts on it after you've tried it? Thanks.

purplerinne

I'm glad I read this thread AFTER placing my F&F order (and nope didn't get the code here my friend actually knows someone that works at Sephora) cuz I filled up my cart again and it's ready for the VIB sale. Now, if I can only hit Rouge ggrrr lol

Knope2012

I remember when it felt like forever for me to hit VIB. Now I'm good for VIB through 2014 and I have another $450 to go to hit Rouge. I'll be shocked if I don't hit it by May (or more likely February, when my tax return comes in!)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
im thinkin i need to break down and work at sephora!! what kind of discount do they get for workin there? hmmm working for makeup...i can do that
sigh.gif
Sometimes I wish I work for MAC or Sephora...

I need a sign saying:

WILL
WORK
FOR
MAKEUP

cheerleader.gif

KiKi Kontour

Rouges should get at least 25% off during the VIB sales!! sheesh...i invest alot of money to get to the highest of the high peak of the mountain here....FOR THE LOVE OF RAY J SEPHORA...GIMME 25% and toss in a 500 pt perk n call it day...MAKE MEEEE WANT TO SHOP MOOOORE WITH UUUUUUUUU
thud.gif

im dyyyyyin to try that dmn occ sebastian!! i also go kat von d lip palette/set, stila vintage gold foil shadow n occ 12 pc lip tars waitin to be adopted and delivered to a loving home where they will be cared for n caressed by the softest hands n stroked with the silkiest brush ever!!
love.gif

MissTT

I received the Konjac sponge in my gratis last week, but I haven't opened it yet. I've decided I won't use it to remove makeup, but maybe I'll use it in the morning. A regular of mine returned it for mold though so I'm a little apprehensive.

Ladies that are working toward Rouge, you realize the dollar accrual system starts all over Jan 1, right? Meaning if you don't make it this year you start over at $0 again just like you do for VIB. Just a reminder, b/c I think I've seen several posts where I was afraid there was confusion about making Rouge early next year.

VIB Rouge status is conferred on those registered Beauty Insider members who spend a minimum of $1,000 on merchandise (excludes gift cards, egift certificates, taxes & shipping) on Sephora.com, in U.S. and Canadian Sephora stores, and in Sephora inside jcpenney locations during one calendar year (January-December). VIB Rouge status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year; annual requalification is required.

Knope2012

Ah well, maybe I'll make Rouge next year. I don't really need the free shipping, as I very rarely spend less than $50...Well, if my husband wants to buy me any makeup for Christmas, I'll make sure he uses my account.

Melzie

im thinkin i need to break down and work at sephora!! what kind of discount do they get for workin there? hmmm working for makeup...i can do that
sigh.gif

@KiKi Kontour I believe it was 20% off and 40% off Sephora brand items. I'm not quite sure as that information was from a friend that used to work there years ago. They have incredible gratis. My friend used to give me all his gratis and he would receive full sized and sample size of makeup, skincare, haircare... you name it!

I have considered applying there for the love of beauty items, but I don't think their hourly pay would pay the rent. I would start on the bottom since I have zero retail experience. BUT hey discount and gratis!? Incredible for us beauty item lovers!

DILLIGAF

wow, nice collection of eyeliners xD what about the eyeshadows?
Not nearly as much as the pencils

I have atleast 5 of their palettes and individual shadows but hardly any of the ones I own are mentioned on the motherlode list.

DILLIGAF

I really wished that Sephora carried the Stila Color Outside the lines Smudge Stick Set. It has 5 of their liners and one of these liners usually cost $20 and the set is $34. Guess I'm waiting for a Black Friday sale for that one. I've also recently added the Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Gold and Vintage Black to my cart.

shontay07108

I was wondering about the Rouge card because I didn't get one in the mail. I only got the bite beauty mini lipstick. I was just in Sephora today and didn't realize I had to get it from them. Oh, well another day. Also I am ready to cry because I realize how much money I must've spent at Sephora this year to hit rouge. Sad thing is this has been a slow year for me so imagine the total over the other years. Sheer horror.

Melzie

@shontay07108 I didn't realize that you need to go to a Sephora store to get the card either! I was just there yesterday and just used my phone to scan my rouge card. The email said that I can access the card via their website and sure enough it worked with yesterday's transaction. I checked online to see if my points registered and it did.

I think I will be using my phone from now on, BUT it would be nice to have the physical card too!

AshleyK

Christine from Temptalia just confirmed that the Sephora VIB event is taking place November 7th-11th! As expected, VIBs will receive a 20% discount but there's no word on whether VIB Rouge members will receive a higher discount. She also said that we will be notified through email as well as through the actual mail, as others have already stated. Can't wait!!!

Tarabotti

So we just go to a store and ask them for the card with our email? Can you do that at sephora jc penney?
I don't know about doing it at Sephora jc penny. I went to a regular Sephora store and when I was checking out, the sales clerk told me that she could give me my Rogue card. It might be that the rouge status pops up in your profile when they are ringing you up. You should take your email with you in case they give you any trouble.