Sephora's Reigning Beauties: Ariel - The Little Mermaid

luvlydee

I'm getting impatient..... That checkout button is becoming more and more tempting -.-
Do u have enough in ur cart for free shipping? If so i say i say click that button. Because ull get free shipping with the ariel palette since its over 50. Unless ur just getting the mirror?

janineios

Do u have enough in ur cart for free shipping? If so i say i say click that button. Because ull get free shipping with the ariel palette since its over 50. Unless ur just getting the mirror?
I have the palette from the first ("glitch") release. I would be getting two of the mirror. Either way I have a free shipping code, and what I have in my cart qualifies for free shipping already. I just don't know! I'd rather haul it all at once as I don't NEED the items in my cart right away. I'm just scared one item will sell out, it's LE.

Genn

I was ok with waiting a little while longer but this is getting ridiculous especially with everyone releasing FALL collections already

VampyCouture

I was ok with waiting a little while longer but this is getting ridiculous especially with everyone releasing FALL collections already
Very true. I'm starting not to care, but I know that they'll release the collection when that happens.

What I don't understand is why send bloggers press stuff WEEKS before the collection? I don't know many companies that send bloggers products that far in advance (and definitely not Mac anymore). I'm guessing there was another 'glitch' or something, because Temptalia and Muse reviewed that stuff a while back!

LiliV

^ I think they keep changing their dates. That's the only reason I can think of for bloggers having stuff early and the palette launching and them saying June originally. It's like they kept trying to make a revised date then just decided not to

queenblenda

the whole thing is getting really annoying i wish i could not care about having the mirror but i do! and sephora knows they can jerk us all around because we want the stuff..... like i said before after this mirror is mine im going a a break from sephora.....do they not realize that if they just gave us a date no one would be complaining?!?!

ChosenOne

Kinda dazed and bleary-eyed from catching up on hundreds (maybe over a thousand?) missed posts in all the threads I keep up with from the past few days, but I have to say that I think Sephora is outdoing MAC in the "lameness in collection releases" category. At least with MAC, they always give you a date. Do things release a little earlier or later than the anticipated date sometimes? Sure. But I don't think it's ever been more than a couple of days off online, or a week off in stores (TT as an example...release was originally supposed to be 7/4 and it got moved to 6/27...but at least we knew!). Sephora is REALLY dropping the ball here.

I also agree that the perks for VIBs could be a lot better! Free shipping on all orders makes a hell of a lot of sense, and I think overall Sephora needs to give better discounts. Don't remember who it was that said it (maybe LiliV?) but I'm not someone to spend tons of money when there's a 10% discount either. It takes at least 20% just to get my attention!

LiliV

I also agree that the perks for VIBs could be a lot better!  Free shipping on all orders makes a hell of a lot of sense, and I think overall Sephora needs to give better discounts.  Don't remember who it was that said it (maybe LiliV?) but I'm not someone to spend tons of money when there's a 10% discount either.  It takes at least 20% just to get my attention!
The sale thing has always been weird to me since usually I don't participate if I don't need things. I've seen some bloggers and youtubers though that get huge boxes of stuff and say "this was the time to get it since it was on sale" I'm just like....did I miss a 75% off sale? I understand a lot of the Sephora brands never have a huge discount so anything is something but still some people act like the sales are a store clearance or something. Lol a Sephora sale has never been enticing enough of a savings amount for me to buy more than like 2-3 things

ChosenOne

The sale thing has always been weird to me since usually I don't participate if I don't need things. I've seen some bloggers and youtubers though that get huge boxes of stuff and say "this was the time to get it since it was on sale" I'm just like....did I miss a 75% off sale? I understand a lot of the Sephora brands never have a huge discount so anything is something but still some people act like the sales are a store clearance or something. Lol a Sephora sale has never been enticing enough of a savings amount for me to buy more than like 2-3 things
Agreed on all points!!! I'll sometimes get 4 or 5 things during those "sales" but that's it. Give me at least 25 or 30% off and I'll probably spend twice as much! Don't understand the huge hauls for 10 or 15% off
th_dunno.gif

janineios

Agreed on all points!!!  I'll sometimes get 4 or 5 things during those "sales" but that's it.  Give me at least 25 or 30% off and I'll probably spend twice as much!  Don't understand the huge hauls for 10 or 15% off  :dunno:
Uh yeah 10% is basically tax. Lol

MissTT

I want to punch stores/websites in the face when they offer 10% off of something b/c, yes, it's basically tax. My Target card 'benefit' doesn't even cover the tax yet they act like it's something special. At least I can get free shipping on anything with Target.com and no minimum. Means I can just order a drugstore makeup product w/o getting off my bum.

VampyCouture

I want to punch stores/websites in the face when they offer 10% off of something b/c, yes, it's basically tax. My Target card 'benefit' doesn't even cover the tax yet they act like it's something special. At least I can get free shipping on anything with Target.com and no minimum. Means I can just order a drugstore makeup product w/o getting off my bum.
Lol me too. I have the Target card and they're like you saved $2 and I'm like, "gee, thanks" haha. Actually, the Target card is $5. That's the only good benefit is the ordering online with no minimum bit

Ana A

The only time I consider their stinking %20 percent is when I'm planning to buy something big, but for an eyeshadow or a lipstick! eh its not worth my gas

MissTT

So we're agreed? 20% off does not constitute a sale on makeup and Sephora needs to step it up. And free shipping, no minimum for VIBs.
greengrin.gif

LiliV

So we're agreed? 20% off does not constitute a sale on makeup and Sephora needs to step it up. And free shipping, no minimum for VIBs. 
greengrin.gif
Definitely! Lol I think they could do with changing a few things around. Samples aren't going to make up for the Ariel delay