Shadesticks to be discontinued?!?!

karenn

anyway, I read this post yesterday, and run to the nearest MAC store, and bought a sharkskin. really enjoy it. thanks to everyone here.

*Moni-Luv*

I'm so bummed that I didn't buy Mangomix, Corn, and Royal Hue when I had the chance!!!! (Sigh) I'm feeling really depressed right now!!! =*(

TwiggyPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Moni-Luv*
I'm so bummed that I didn't buy Mangomix, Corn, and Royal Hue when I had the chance!!!! (Sigh) I'm feeling really depressed right now!!! =*(

I didn't even start getting into MAC until just recently so I missed out on a lot.
ssad.gif

AlysonWithaY

Naturally, my curse continues. I am JUST getting into shadesticks...and yeah.
ssad.gif
Sad day. I will have to try and get my paws on Sea Me and Sharkskin.

PollyRhythm

Well,
thmbdn.gif
. Just when I start to find out about the shadesticks and what you can do with them, this happens. I feel like I've been late on all of the really great things that they end up discontinuing.

ooshkey

I just noticed on the Nordstroms website that colors like Sea Me and Sharkskin are back up. I hope this helps some people get some of the colors they need before they disappear again.

Cendy

miss_supra

This weekend I was freelancing and the manager for the counter said they got a shipment of sharkskin shade sticks. She said she thought they were being discountinued, but then they are getting a shipment.

TwistedFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshkey
I just noticed on the Nordstroms website that colors like Sea Me and Sharkskin are back up. I hope this helps some people get some of the colors they need before they disappear again.

Cendy

I just got Sea Me today from Nordstroms. They also still have Taupographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
This weekend I was freelancing and the manager for the counter said they got a shipment of sharkskin shade sticks. She said she thought they were being discountinued, but then they are getting a shipment.

I believe that Sharkskin is being repromoted in an upcoming collection. I forget which one.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith
........I believe that Sharkskin is being repromoted in an upcoming collection. I forget which one.

Gold Fever collection

nico

Yesterday I bought Corn then after I came home I saw batch number ,it is produced in 2004
shockt.gif
I know they don't expire unless you open them ,but it's already 4 years old
ssad.gif
Should I return it?

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Moni-Luv*

If you're in the area, I just picked up a Corn s/s at the SF pro store
yahoo.gif

April47

You know, Corn was SUCH an amazing base. It really looked good with almost anything over top... Even some purples.

I got my first Paint Pot today. It better work as well as shadesticks or I will cry...

jenavii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
ive had sharkskin for two years and have used it maybe.. 3 times. it creases even over udpp. very limited usage in that way for me. im not really crying over them being discontinued.

hmm,.. when i use UDPP with my shadesick it never creases....

April47

A little info I got today. Can anyone confirm or deny??

info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Taniesha. How may I assist you?
April: Hi. I was just wondering if and when all shadesticks will be discontinued?
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] Hi April![/SIZE]
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] I haven't heard anything as to all of the Shadesticks being discontinued. We have discontinued most of the shades though, but I don't think they'll get rid of the whole line.[/SIZE]
April: Really??? Wow. That is really great news. I just found it kind of weird that they are only going to havie 3 diff. colours to choose from. Do you know if they will be releasing any more colours?
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] Regrettably, I don't, but I'm hoping they will extend the colour selection as well. I love Shadesticks![/SIZE]
April: I know!! I seriously don't know what I'd do w/o them! They are the best base I've ever used. I heard that they are re-releasing 3 colours with the Gold Fever collection. Do you know if that's true?
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] They released Sharkskin with the Gold Fever Collection.[/SIZE]
April: And Penny? If I'm not mistaken.
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] Maybe so. Gold Fever was a Nordstrom exclusive, so I haven't gotten to see the collection. [/SIZE]
April: Oh! I see. I live in Canada so I guess I won't see that collection. Oh well... Um, just wondering how much notice you guys get on items that are being discontinued?
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] We don't get much at all. They send out a list & it says the following items are being discontinued & then they're gone! Most stores will carry the product until it sells out though. [/SIZE]
April: Booo! Oh well. Thanks again for your help!!
Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] You're welcome! Enjoy the rest of your day!
smiles.gif
[/SIZE]
April: You too!
smiles.gif

Taniesha:[SIZE=+0] Thanks![/SIZE]

brookeanderson

anywhere besides maybe ebay i should look to find corn? i'm devastated and i don't want to use the one now because it's one of my favorite items and i don't think i can live without it
ssad.gif

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookeanderson
anywhere besides maybe ebay i should look to find corn? i'm devastated and i don't want to use the one now because it's one of my favorite items and i don't think i can live without it
ssad.gif

I've seen a few people on here with it in their sale thread

Tin Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookeanderson
ssad.gif

They turn up occasionally in sales in the swapping communities on LiveJournal too.