Studio Mist October 2006 [color story] (updated w/ images on pg3)

cathythi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
...At the checkout page, there was a suggestion for Fix+. What is Fix+ and how do I use it? I know the website says "apply over moisturizer and under foundation. Use over powder for a soft "set" finish". But has anyone used it? And how does it make your make-up look? Does it make it stay fresher looking longer? And, keep your make-up lasting longer? Lots of questions, I know. But don't have a MAC counter near me (the nearest one is 1.5 hrs away.) TIA...

I love Fix+, it helps my powder blend in.. here are some posts on it..
Fix+
Fix+

PrettyinPink

Isperry...
Fix+ ...to use it, you spritz in on once or twice and don't hold it to close to your face. It comes out as a mist and it's nice and cooling. It makes skin look hydrated, but not shiny or oily and takes away the powdery look. It leaves you with a light dewy appearance! Awakens your face and helps makeup last longer. It's good stuff...one of my staples. Hth! =)

ebonyannette

I love fix + but not it doesnt make your m/u stay on any longer. It is a great product, I wear it sometimes with just moisturizer it makes me look more awake. Its a subtle difference but I like it. I also sprtiz my pigments before putting them on to help prevent fall out.
Let me know how that dark studio mist works for you!

ebonyannette

Ok I tried the Dark Studio Mist today the MA put some on the sides of my face and cheeks. It was GREAT! you have to use a foundation brush to put it on though, you cant do it with your fingers.
It was a nice sheer airbrushed look. Im sure she could have built it up more, I was trying to decide between this and studio fix fluid but they
are two different animals I think Im going to get both
smiles.gif

Im really dark and I was really pleased with the color match. Its lighter than SFF NW55 (which is what I normally wear) but since its so sheer it still works.

sheaspearl83

Studio Mist - I tried it today!

I am NW 45 and the MU applied the Oil Control lotion, then the Dark Studio Mist, and finished with the Dark Mineral powder. It feels very light but it looks nice!
On Saturday, I get to makeover with a MAC PRO artist. All I had to do was purchase a $100 giftcard! I'm going shopping on Saturday...

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaspearl83
I am NW 45 and the MU applied the Oil Control lotion, then the Dark Studio Mist, and finished with the Dark Mineral powder. It feels very light but it looks nice!
On Saturday, I get to makeover with a MAC PRO artist. All I had to do was purchase a $100 giftcard! I'm going shopping on Saturday...

Im happy that you mentioned this! I am NW45 also with the fix but when I went to the MAC store to test the Studio Mist they applied the deep dark shade on me and it wasn't right. I will go back and try the Dark instead.

Btw I love the finish of the Studio Mist.. definitely a thumbs up!

~VD

Mars818

I Love Studio Mist!!!

Hi! I'm new here!!

But let me just tell you! OMG!!!!!! I've been WAITINGGGG for mac to come out with this and I can't believeeeee they finally have!!!!! I too was worried about the limited color selection because I alwayss have a hard time finding the right color. I'm NC40 and I got the Medium-Dark shade and it's PERFECT! I'm in love! It's so simple to put on. Just spray on hand and use the foundation brush (190 or the new one) to apply and you get flawless skin. I wear it all day and I don't get greasy looking or anything (which I usually do with foundation!). I'ts SO perfect for everyday. GIRLS you must try this! I'm waiting to see how long it lasts because the can is quite small! OH and you cant use a sponge, it'll soak it ALL up, believe me!! Even the brush soaks it ALL up once you touch it!

Would MAC stop producing it if it doesn't sell well?! If this ever discontinues I'll CRY!!!

FemmeNoir

I'm NC 25 and I got Medium Dark and it does not match well with my skin. The depth of the color is fine, it just looks orangey on me. I've worn it for two weeks and I broke out. It isn't like normal acne, so I'm thinking it is another type of reaction. The coverage is so light it isn't even worth it. I'm going to be taking this product back (which I hate doing).

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Do any of these foundations work on NC15 or lighter skin??

I'm NC15 and I got the light one and it looks great on my skin.

BlahWah

I just got Medium (~NC30 right now) and it's looking a bit orangey on me, although others I've asked haven't noticed anything even when I asked. I've been playing with NC25, tho, so maybe I got used to it. I'll be giving it a week or so to see how it works out. Has anyone been able to work around this? An MUA reviewer noted it works better in layers, but it didn't work out today on me.
ssad.gif
Love the blendability tho!

maxcat

I'd go to light/medium for nc30... I'm finding they're skewed a bit darker than what we were originally told. As in light is almost too dark for nc15-20.

BlahWah

Thanks maxcat! I was originally going to get light-medium but it looked pinky when swatched and I hate the pink-faced asian look =P. Guess it makes sense now then to get it! (light-medium, that is, not the pink face!)