Studio Mist October 2006 [color story] (updated w/ images on pg3)

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Yikes, I'd hate to be working the day after Betty Suburbs takes this home and tries it for the first time (if these are going to be general release products, that is). I forsee a lot of bitching and gnashing on the MUA review boards from people who sprayed it in their eyes, burnt their lips or who knows what else they managed to do with it. God knows the average home make-up user seems to treat product information and application recommendations like an optional extra.

To launch a product like this successfully is going to require a hell of a lot of staff education and consumer information, otherwise I see this going down in a giant red-hot ball of flames. Great idea for a product, especially if the finish is what it's talked up to be, but maybe hold back on the consumer market for a while until R&D comes up with something a bit more simple and foolproof.

lol, that is the only part that scares me Lara! It gets pretty crazy in my MAC Store so the thought of beating a customer to the foundation bottle BEFORE they spray it all over their face is a scary thought!

We have a big staff, but it still gets out of control sometimes and it scares me... I think our staff is a pretty knowledgeable one on its own, most of our artists have worked for MAC for YEARS, but we'll all brush up on our lingo for the product.

It really isn't hard to use at all...and honestly, Sally Hansen make a foundation like this, and that is sold at freakin' Wal Mart, you can't get more consumer than that... Too other companies have done products like this...ERA to name one.

bottleblack

This sounds awesome - I'm anxious to try it out. It sort of reminds me of the spray foundation they're always using on What Not To Wear...

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleblack
This sounds awesome - I'm anxious to try it out. It sort of reminds me of the spray foundation they're always using on What Not To Wear...

That is ERA foundation... You can get it at Sephora.com, I haven't tried it but I would love to compare it to the Studio Mist foundation! I am in LOVE with it, so I wonder how ERA stacks up.

2_pink

This sounds pretty kewl, and it does remind me of the foundation on What Not To Wear. I cant wait for the mini 187!!

Luxurious

sounds good but i bit complicated to apply...but it doesnt matter
smiles.gif

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_pink
This sounds pretty kewl, and it does remind me of the foundation on What Not To Wear. I cant wait for the mini 187!!

thats what i was thinkin'

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Well would I be able to use it being a NW20 and there only being NW25 and NC20 wouldn't suit... awww I was kinda looking forward to this :'(

Makeupluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
Wow...wernt we all just talking about a smaller version of the 187 a few months back.Haha we got it guys!And whats this 191 brush?So I'm guessing the Ma's are starting to go to update now.Our girls don't get to go untill mid july.

NM...enka did an edit on her post.She had me thinking quick about this 191 brush.Haha too good to be true.With all the new stuff comming out I almost did believe it!See what MAC does to me AHHHHH!

When the 187 brush first came out, I told every MA I know how much I LOVED it, and how I thought MAC should come out with a mini one for eyes
smiles.gif
So I am SO excited for this brush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
Yes, it is a collection coming out later this fall...it is called Studio Mist. It is NOT to be sprayed directly on the face. You must spray it on your hand and then brush it on your face or spray it on a petri dish etc.

It is definitely meant to be BRUSHED on and is not safe for use in the eye or lip area... It is such a fine pigment in the foundation that it has been micronized and the only way to keep it stable is to put it in a aerosol.

It has a natural skin finish, more coverage than Select SPF but less than Studio Tech.

Hmmm, sounds almost like an airbrush foundation but without the airbrush machine...very interesting

turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthighway79
Hmmm, sounds almost like an airbrush foundation but without the airbrush machine...very interesting

Honestly, that is pretty much what it is. It offers a sheer to medium coverage, but it doesn't LOOK like coverage if that makes sense... It models itself kind of like skin, which is super cool!

dollbabybex

it seems a bit dumb making a foundation which isnt eye or mouth friendly.

what would be the reason for this?

Summer

Quote:
I would say probably the 187 or the 188 brush (which will be new, it is a mini Stippling Brush.

When will the 188 brush come out? Around September do you think? Will it be the same quality as the full size? Do you what the approximate price will be around? I was going to get the full size yesterday actually, good thing I didn't!

do tell !!!!!!!!!! =)

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
When will the 188 brush come out? Around September do you think? Will it be the same quality as the full size? Do you what the approximate price will be around? I was going to get the full size yesterday actually, good thing I didn't!

do tell !!!!!!!!!! =)

I believe it was going to be around $36 or so, and it is coming out the same time as Studio Mist, it is part of the collection. I think the collection is in the August or Sept IIRC (I don't have my update book handy at the moment).

The quality will be the same as the regular brushes, it IS a regular brush, not a brush set type of brush. It just has a smaller stippling "head" than the 187 brush. It would be like the difference between the 242 and the 252 brushes.

sarzio

Would you be able to apply it with a sponge like other aerosol foundations too? Or would that be too cakey?

myrifle

Quote:
it seems a bit dumb making a foundation which isnt eye or mouth friendly.

what would be the reason for this?

what they probably meant was, when spraying the foundation on it might get IN the eyes and mouth. Which is why you shouldn't spray the fdtn. on and use your hand or a sponge instead?

Summer

Quote:
I believe it was going to be around $36 or so, and it is coming out the same time as Studio Mist, it is part of the collection. I think the collection is in the August or Sept IIRC (I don't have my update book handy at the moment).

The quality will be the same as the regular brushes, it IS a regular brush, not a brush set type of brush. It just has a smaller stippling "head" than the 187 brush. It would be like the difference between the 242 and the 252 brushes.

Thanks! Do you know if the brush is a limited edition ?