The pope passed away today

mac_obsession

My mother is a Professer at a catholic college...So they kinda got it before it hit the system. The pope died today :\

martygreene

The news is still saying "situtation is very grave" but no saying deceased yet. As of 1 hour ago at least.

mac_obsession

Like I said, it kinda hasnt been released to the mainstream yet. My mother works at a devout catholic college, and they are all in mourning at this point. She specifically told me that it hasnt been released to the radio or anything yet. I havent seen it on tv either, so Im assuming that only the "in the loop" people know...Churches, Nuns, Priests etc...My mom is good friends with all the priests and nuns so..

We had a discussion about the 3rd person dying...they always die in 3s...Johnny Cochran, Terri Shiavo, and I told her I thought it was going to be the pope, I just kinda figured, being that he was so ill, and so old..so she called me to tell me that I was correct, that he passed away today.

(she never believes me when I say its going to snow, or rain, because I feel so much pain from it - so now she is starting to believe me about things)

Im sure you will hear about it later on on the news that he died this morning/afternoon (didnt get specifics - just that he died
ssad.gif
)

Janice

Mainstream media is saying the vatican are denouncing the "rumor" (their words not mine) that he has died. Like MartyGreene said, they are still saying he is going to pass *soon* but it's not yet.

mac_obsession

yeah, thats what the news is saying...but hes gone. The palpal? (i think thats the word) is denouncing it because of the impact its gonna have on everything. Im not catholic so I dont understand a lot of it. I just know what I was told, and I dont think the nuns would have lied :x

Juneplum

oh man.. my heart hurts.. literally... he's the only pope i've ever known.. since i was a little girl... i am SO sad
cry.gif
cry.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
... mac_obsession u r so true about death coming in 3's...i also believe that...

Jessica

Either way, it's a sad day.
Whether he's already passed or will pass in the near future....the world will mourn.
He did amazing and revolutionary things during his appointment.
As for those who thought he should resign from the papalcy (?) since he was so sick...WHAT???...he's the POPE and should die that way. He deserves the upmost respect and reverence.
Good bye, John Paul. You have been a great leader, imulated the Lord and have been the conduit by which God has been able to work through. May you rest in peace and sing the wonderful praises of the Lord in Heaven.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Either way, it's a sad day.
Whether he's already passed or will pass in the near future....the world will mourn.
He did amazing and revolutionary things during his appointment.
As for those who thought he should resign from the papalcy (?) since he was so sick...WHAT???...he's the POPE and should die that way. He deserves the upmost respect and reverence.
Good bye, John Paul. You have been a great leader, imulated the Lord and have been the conduit by which God has been able to work through. May you rest in peace and sing the wonderful praises of the Lord in Heaven.

jessica your words bring me to tears.. i couldn't have said this better myself...

Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
jessica your words bring me to tears.. i couldn't have said this better myself...

yeah, my heart is heavy today.

amandamakeup

well it is true about the things that come in 3. I guess its just a matter of time now. Hes suffered so much over the years, i hope he goes peacefully.

mac_obsession

I was just watchin the news, and if you listen very carefully, and/or read carefully, youll see "they" are almost scared to announce it. They are trying to get security measures in order for the chaos that is to ensue...

Remember, you cant always believe what you read or hear in the news. I asked my mother who she heard this from, and it was sent down directly from the president of the college, from the vatican.

mac_obsession

Ok so I guess I owe everyone an apology.

It seems that one of the nuns was listening to an italian broadcast and mistoke deathbed (in italian) for dead..The pope has not passed yet but is soon to. I apologize for any upset I caused.

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Ok so I guess I owe everyone an apology.

It seems that one of the nuns was listening to an italian broadcast and mistoke deathbed (in italian) for dead..The pope has not passed yet but is soon to. I apologize for any upset I caused.

Unfortunately no apology is necessary. Just heard on the radio that he has, indeed, passed on. How very sad. But he is with the One he served for so many years, and for that we can rejoice.

ms.marymac

One of the last things he said was, "I am happy, and you should be too". He is in a far better place, and won't be troubled by his ailments any longer.

He was the only public fugure that would give me a sense of peace, even if it was through the television set.

mspixieears

It's so sad to hear about that, but in some ways, it was even worse to watch footage of him in public, looking so frail and very obviously struggling. Hed been ailing for so long, so perhaps his suffering has come to an end - I mean in terms of his bad health.

GoldieLox

okay so i am yound and don't really know much of anything about the pope. what did he do that was great for everyone and like why was he so loved. because everyone is so devestaded by his death he must be a fabulous human being.. i just dont know why.

anyone care to get me in the loop? :?: