The Wearin' o' the Purple (Lavender Whip, etc.)

cno64

Have any of you purple-philes tried Hellraiser, from DigiDazzle?
I'm thinking that one might look great lightly applied over purple-toned lipsticks like Violetta, Go For It, Lavender Whip, Night Violet.

martiangurll

Hey, count me in for Team Purple. My fave mu to wear purple is mascara! Korres has an awesome one as do EL and YSL. I wish purple e/s did not irritate my eyes or I could pinpoint the ingredient that makes my eyes react so I could wear more purple--it is my favorite.

Lately I have been wearing HotHouse for a purple fix and awaiting arrival of Fashion Mews and Hellraizer.

a good cheap Purple fix is Revlon l/s in Va Va Violet

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll

awaiting arrival of Fashion Mews and Hellraizer.

I have become almost obsessed with Hellraiser, but my MAC lipstick count is approaching 70, and I'm starting to have trouble keeping them all organized.
Will I hate myself forever if I skip Hellraiser?

cno64

For my fellow lovers of purple lipstick:
1742516.PNG

Not shown: MAC Night Violet, MAC Odyssey.
By the way, MUFE RAI 15 = Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #15.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I LOVE LW
bigheart.gif
It was love at first sight...LOL... but I must admit, it does look vastly more pink on me than purple, same with Fashion Mews!

I have been looking for a nice lilac/lavender blush, but to no avail
ssad.gif

Why wait for a blush--try mixing pigment over a blue pink? I may try this tonight--I am thinking Viz a Violet over a blue-pink blushie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoesmoo
I keep gettng tempted and put off lavender whip. It's not quite me, but mixed with other colours it is.
I tried a friend's and frankly found it a little too pink. We added bell bottom blue pigment(The only MAC darkish blue e/s I own.. ahem) which made it perfect! It pulled it into the colder side of lilac and gave it a lush sheen.
smiles.gif

I like my lilacs icy, cold and sharp.

I like this or the magenta-violet spectrum. Lately layering HotHouse over my blue pink lippies is making me happy. I can't wait to get my new blue lipglass (I can't remember the name! from FF) to layer and make purple from my pink lippies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
For my fellow lovers of purple lipstick:
1742516.PNG

Not shown: MAC Night Violet, MAC Odyssey.
By the way, MUFE RAI 15 = Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #15.

Okay, I love the ORchidazzle--a new lemming is hatched

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I recently picked up my first lavendar toned lipstick & gloss (I Like It Like That & Going Casual), and then I quickly purchased more purple lippies (Go For It & Revlon Lilac Pastelle l/g). I'm really wanting to get Violetta when it's released from the Venomous Villains collection. I think it's safe to say, I'm becoming obsessed.
smiles.gif

Yay, a kindred spirit! I'm SOOOO into purple lippies now too!

cno64

Quote:
I want that MUFE l/s now! Wow!
th_drool.gif

I haven't "road tested" it yet, but when I do, I'll review it.
BTW, I got mine from Sephora; I'm not sure who else sells that brand.
th_confused_new.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll

Okay, I love the ORchidazzle--a new lemming is hatched

Oops; Orchidazzle was from Strange Hybrid, a year or two back, so it may be kind of hard to find now.

cno64

Quote:
I want that MUFE l/s now! Wow!
th_drool.gif

I'd recommend trying it on first, if at all possible.
While I like Rouge Artist Intense, I don't love it as much as I thought I would.
Though nicely pigmented, it isn't as opaque as I'd expect from a product with the word "intense" in the name. It's really almost like a non-drying stain, in stick form.
The first time I tried on Rouge Artist Intense, in fact, I had balm on my lips, and got very little color payoff.
I'm going to have to experiment with this some, to see how I can wear it in order to get maximum color with minimum dryness.
In the meantime: Though I really like the color of #15, I'm a little disappointed in the way it applies, and I dislike the rather cloying vaguely cherry cola taste/scent. Also, $20 is steep for a lipstick.
While Rouge Artist Intense is far from a bad product, MAC will continue to have my loyalty in the lipstick department.
Violetta and Go For It are still my favorite purple lipsticks!
team_purple.gif

cno64

I just want to make an eyeshadow recommendation:
I am NW15, with very dark brown hair and bright green eyes.
Today I wore Urban Decay's matte eyeshadow in "Heist," and was complimented twice on my "pretty eyes."
Not "your purple eyeshadow," but "your pretty eyes."
Heist is a very unique color; it's taupe enough to qualify as at least a "pseudo neutral," but purple enough to be fun, and to really pop green eyes.
It's velvety-textured and well-pigmented, too.
I highly recommend it, especially to those with green eyes.

HOTasFCUK

I finally wore my NYX Power lipstick with MAC cremesheen is Ever so Rich for the first time yesterday. I've never worn a shade like this but i wanted to do a Kim Kardashian style look. OMG loving it!!! I even got a compliment when i went out to dinner last night from the waitress. I don't think i'll be wearing a bright purple lip anytime soon but i'm really liking the look of lilac pastel lips. It just brightened my face and looked really pretty!

BadBadGirl

I'm liking the fact that the Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks are less intense, I'm new to lipstick and I will feel more comfortable with something that is a bit buildable. I have opaque glosses and sometimes I find myself blotting away too much product. Looks like a trip to the MUFE boutique is in my near future.

I am so unsure about Violetta, but I will buy it this week and give it a try.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I don't think i'll be wearing a bright purple lip anytime soon but i'm really liking the look of lilac pastel lips. It just brightened my face and looked really pretty!

With my coloring (NW15; black-brown hair; green eyes), I find that I look better in the more vibrant purples, but I do like to pull out my Lavender Whip once in a while.
Yesterday, I wore Go For It, with Boys Go Crazy dazzleglass over it, and though I was concerned that it might be too dark, I got several compliments.
Something I like to do to slightly soften the darker purples is dab Hellraiser Dazzle lipstick over them.
The color stays deep purple, but is somehow "lightened."
This is really the only way I can wear Hellraiser; on its own, it's just too light for me.

LeopardLove

L'Oreal Grape Soda is my fav purple/fuschia gloss. Maybelline Grapesicle is a cute frosty purple gloss full of silver shimmer too.

martiangurll

Okay team purple, I have observed and here I am to report.

MAC pearlglide in Rave (eyeliner) is purple heaven. Also, very good is the Guerlain purple liquid eyeliner.

I finally tried Fashion Mews, its gorgeous but Blooming Lovely is my go to purple lippy.

For a purple-ish blush, I have been loving Love Rock with a little bit of Quietly or Lovely Lily piggy over it to bring out the lavender a bit more.

HOTasFCUK

The only "purple" or "lilac" like blush i have is On a Mission but when i tried it on, it seemed more pinky or red. I'm thinking its because i may have used a NARS blush before and forgot to clean that brush or maybe that colour just pulls red out of my cheeks? I'll have to try it again or at least swatch it on my arm!

martiangurll

I may have to give On a Mission a whirl the next time I stop in my CCO. Right now Love rock is the closest I have to lavender blushies.