To MUAs: Gross stuff ever happened?

hhunt2

Re: To MUAs: Gross stuff ever happent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
My friend worked at a tanning salon and she said people peed in the trash cans all the time and once a lady pooped in the bed. EWW

Ewww (vomit), lol. I've always wondered why they had signs that say "Trash only, restrooms are to to the right". Or something like that.
I've always wondered what someone did to make the owner post a sign like that. But I know now... Thank God I don't go to tanning salons anymore.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
Well, this isn't makeup related, but I worked in the hotel business for over 10 years so I could fill this thread completely with stories, but here are 2 of the worst:

One of the housekeepers came to me to tell me she had a room where the mattress needed to be thrown out. When I went to the room to see what the deal was, it looked like someone had sacrificed a virgin on the bed. There was blood everywhere. The room was a shambles and when we tried to find out who had the room, it turned out they paid cash and the desk clerk forgot to get a copy of their ID!!!! Needless to say we threw out the mattress, box springs, pillows, comforter and sheets that had been on the bed. EWWW!!

Ewww what the hell did they do? was it just dirty "that time of the month sex" or did they kill something in there?
thats weird and freaky. uuughhh

FiestyFemme

I can't believe a lot of these stories LOL... how can people be so disgusting? Where is the shame?
th_confused_new.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
Ewww what the hell did they do? was it just dirty "that time of the month sex" or did they kill something in there?
thats weird and freaky. uuughhh

I really wish we knew b/c it was ALL over the bed. The hotel could probably be classified more as "motel" and we always seemed to get the couples who fought and hit each other or drug dealers or something like that. It was a real surprise if we didn't have to call the police out at least once a week.It wouldn't surprise me if it was related to one of those scenarios in some way. Yuck. Talk about BIO-HAZARD. We made sure everyone who handled that room wore double gloves and masks.

Mabelle

uhhh some people should be deleted.

I suppose you didnt call the cops and have them take a look as a possible crime scene, eh? Now that would have been interesting. Going all CSI only to find out theyre a bunch of perverts.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
uhhh some people should be deleted.

I suppose you didnt call the cops and have them take a look as a possible crime scene, eh? Now that would have been interesting. Going all CSI only to find out theyre a bunch of perverts.

Our manager contacted the owners (who were out of the country) and was told not to call the police b/c of the "hassle and the possible bad publicity". I guess they didn't realize that at the time we were already the butt of alot of jokes. The only reason I worked there was b/c the owners kept telling us they were going to spend money to fix the place up and replace all the old stuff. Never happened. It would have been cool to do the CSI thing. Then again, God only knows what else they would have found....
nonono.gif
I can only imagine how much DNA they would have had to go through... EWWWW.

jennyfee

lol i never thought this thread would entice so much fun :p lol i used to work in a Tim Hortons (coffee place mostly in Canada lol i dont know if US people know what it is) and we would get so much gross stuff... like people asking us to reuse half eaten butter cups... But now i work in a drugstore and some people are just so gross... I don't have any particular stories but let's just say I test the products when we get them and I'm first, and then, thats it!! If i get freebies i use so much alcool to sanitize them that there's almost nothing left :p can't be too careful

ms.marymac

This thread has made me want to skip dinner.

I've worked in stores where people would make a nest of NEW CLOTHES and take a dump right in the middle. I don't get it. You took the time to make a nest but you couldn't walk yourself to a toilet?
nope.gif

One of the grossest things I can think of at the counter are people that come in with open sores wanting you to cover it, or hickies. I had a girl that I don't think had seen a bar of soap in a month ask me to cover her hicky. I just picked out a shade, scooped some onto a spatula, and handed her that and a brush. I was nice about it...prolly poor customer service but the whole situation was just so foul. There has to be a line somewhere. (?!)

Mabelle

people pooping in a pile of clothes?! oh dear lord!!! where was this?

ms.marymac

Quote:
people pooping in a pile of clothes?! oh dear lord!!! where was this?

In a boutique in Atlanta....they are lucky we didn't catch them! The security guy would have probably rubbed their nose in it, knowing him.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac

I've worked in stores where people would make a nest of NEW CLOTHES and take a dump right in the middle. I don't get it. You took the time to make a nest but you couldn't walk yourself to a toilet?
nope.gif

(?!)

Ew, Ew, Ew. Some people just have no shame.
nonono.gif

Divinity

thmbdn.gif
th_LMAO.gif
nope.gif
shockt.gif
fool.gif
sick.gif
jawdrop.gif
: wtf: People are just nasty...and I do mean NASTY. These stories take me back to my days as a Hall Director Assistant for a campus dorm. There were students that would just trash their rooms before leaving for whatever stupid reason. One guy took all his shit and then threw the housing furniture in the room everywhere, THEN proceeded to pee on everything. Hope his parents asked him 'What the hell?' when they got the cleaning bill...

MiCHiE

People are just nasty.....

We stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks after Katrina and sometimes refused room service (it gets mundane and interruptive after you're basically "living" in a room) but.....damn.....respect your living quarters!

The salon where I work has washcloths in the restroom. One day, this lady seemed really uneasy as I was giving her a manicure. So, finally, before we proceeded to the pedicure station, she excused herself and stepped into the restroom. Well, as she was settling into the pedicure throne she was not so ladylike and flashed me.....Oh, how I wish is was just a "vadge" that I saw! Instead, I saw one of our cream-colored towels, jammed in between her legs and spotted with blood! How damn nasty can you be to do something like that, instead of asking another woman or spa attendant to get you a damn pad or tampon!?!? And, she was an older woman---wearing a white miniskirt, at that! In case you're wondering, she did leave with the towel.

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
People are just nasty.....

We stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks after Katrina and sometimes refused room service (it gets mundane and interruptive after you're basically "living" in a room) but.....damn.....respect your living quarters!

The salon where I work has washcloths in the restroom. One day, this lady seemed really uneasy as I was giving her a manicure. So, finally, before we proceeded to the pedicure station, she excused herself and stepped into the restroom. Well, as she was settling into the pedicure throne she was not so ladylike and flashed me.....Oh, how I wish is was just a "vadge" that I saw! Instead, I saw one of our cream-colored towels, jammed in between her legs and spotted with blood! How damn nasty can you be to do something like that, instead of asking another woman or spa attendant to get you a damn pad or tampon!?!? And, she was an older woman---wearing a white miniskirt, at that! In case you're wondering, she did leave with the towel.

I was taught when I got my first period, if it were to happen and I was without anything, to take some toilet paper and wad it up and stick it down there! It would never occur to me to use a washcloth and someone else's washcloth at that! Bleeech!

My own stories revolve around run of the mill retail stuff...peeing in dressing rooms, used tampons, etc. Once I was at a makeup counter and this very well dressed woman came over and proceeded to pick out a lip liner to touch up her makeup! Then as she was putting it back (no disinfecting), she turned her nose down at me and walked away. I went and got it and disinfected it myself!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
erine1881: seriously, that is to funny
greengrin.gif

seriously! this happens atleast once a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
I really wish we knew b/c it was ALL over the bed. The hotel could probably be classified more as "motel" and we always seemed to get the couples who fought and hit each other or drug dealers or something like that. It was a real surprise if we didn't have to call the police out at least once a week.It wouldn't surprise me if it was related to one of those scenarios in some way. Yuck. Talk about BIO-HAZARD. We made sure everyone who handled that room wore double gloves and masks.

please tell me you disposed of it properly too?

Karen_B

I cannot believe some of the stories in this thread!

A friend of mine used to work in a nice hotel, as a cleaner. When she was cleaning rooms where men had been staying alone, she would sometimes find sperm in weird places, like in the mug for the toothbrush or bedside table drawer.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B

A friend of mine used to work in a nice hotel, as a cleaner. When she was cleaning rooms where men had been staying alone, she would sometimes find sperm in weird places, like in the mug for the toothbrush or bedside table drawer.

icon_eek.gif
puke.gif

You guys are not going to even believe this one, but it is true. A roommate of mine worked in a sex shop. They sold things like toys, lingerie, magazines and such. Anyway, this man came in and bought a butt plug, a magazine and some head cleaner for his VCR (this was a long time ago...lol). About 15-20 mins later, they hear a crash outside and tires squealing. Homeboy had run over the curb and into the building with his car. He had been sitting in the car outside the store testing out his new toy, huffing VCR cleaner and reading his magazine. He was high as a kite and didn't realize the building was stopping him from moving forward.
shockt.gif

Totally OT, but still gross! And funny, too.

KikiB

Oh that sex store one is bad...

Working retail at a body products store, we get our share of crazies. Here are a few:

One of my managers, at her old store, got a guy whose English was not that good (Arabic was his first one), and he was looking for a wash for his wife, because he said that the wife smelled. She tried to show him stuff but he said "No, no..." and then pointed "down there". She tried then to send him towards a drugstore to get a douche, but he wasn't understanding-so she had to draw a stick figure.

One Sunday, I was working and these two ladies who also do not speak much English came in asking for some sort of wash and I thought they said baby wash, and we don't carry Mustela in our core stores. Well they go to our brand new sales leader, who had been around for less than a week, and she thinks they ask for vanilla wash, but then they tell her to be quieter and it turns out they want...vagina wash. And they said to be quiet so that their male friend, who was also in the store, would not hear.

Another Sunday last November, our manager is up in the front of the store, and some people ask "We really love your products, but we were wondering if you carried lubricant."

This happened to someone I know who was a CM back in the Midwest-this one lady comes into the store, and she is looking around. She goes up to the register with her return and she's like "I didn't know that there would be a guy working" and pulls out one of our old salt scrubs and she said "This salt scrub-it lacerated my vagina".

Another time, I was helping this guy get some scrubs, and he was like "My girlfriend and I-we take the scrub and we like to rub each other down in the shower".

We do get a lot of the people using the lipgloss testers straight from the tube (we have spatulas, ya know) and then people who steal the testers.

We have a certifiable looney bin around our mall. There's this one older lady who comes in every morning, goes to our Wild Honeysuckle fragrance, and sprays herself a good 20 times, in the same spot, with the body splash. Then she goes up to whoever is working up front and yells "BAG!" in a very witchy tone. Well by the time she is done spraying herself, she is dripping in the spray. One time though, she grabbed our Fekkai glossing spray. Note: it is a HAIR product, with OLIVE OIL and SILICONE. I almost vomited when I heard that.

And at our stores, the squat and spray has been perfected-to our chagrin. (SPRAYING STUFF UP YOUR VAJAYJAY WILL MAKE IT SMELL WORSE AND IRRITATE IT!) Well we got these three bogans who came in last summer and they obviously shared a brain-well they go around the store, spritzing stuff everywhere, and making us go insane-then the leader takes a very sickeningly sweet fruity blend and does the squat and spray. Then she goes up to my manager and is like "HEY! What's this?", not noticing that the tester she used is only different than one on the shelf because it has a sticker on it and has been marked out. But still-it's a fragrance that should not be worn above the age of 12 because it is that sweet.

Going along those lines...there was this crazy girl who would always come in last summer and be like "I need two applications". (one of my managers would be like to me "For her invisible friend?") Well one day, when it was frickin' hot during the summer, she went over to our Sensual Amber section and grabbed the body splash, then spritzed herself 30 times with the tester. Note: Sensual Amber is our strongest fragrance. Then she grabs the EDT, which is the actual perfume, and does a good 20 sprays. Then of course? The Squat & Spray! She REEKED so badly clients got sick. During the holiday season, she came back in for THREE applications, and then doused herself with half a can of our hair/body glitter spray. Note: I douse myself in it because it is my job to look shiny and promote the product. Unless you're a freshman going to formal for the first time, or you work at the store, YOU LOOK TACKY WITH THAT MUCH GLITTER ON YOUR HAIR.

pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B

LMAO that is hella funny hahahahahahahahahah. gross but funny ahah