To MUAs: Gross stuff ever happened?

lara

- the squat-n-spray
- hand cream as face cream
- taking entire boxes of tissues out of the metal covers and stuffing it down their shirts
- trying to jam a tray of testers into their bra/handbag
- using the q-tips to clean their ears and trying to hide them in the hotspots/displays/stands
- sneezing into a bottle of body lotion
- asking me to wipe their son's nose
- projectile vomiting into our trash can, then being convinced that their glasses fell into the pool of vomit and demanding our lovely cleaner go down to the rubbish bays, find their vomit-laden bag and fish around for their glasses (protip: they were in her handbag the entire time)
- masturbating in store

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
- the squat-n-spray
- taking entire boxes of tissues out of the metal covers and stuffing it down their shirts
- using the q-tips to clean their ears and trying to hide them in the hotspots/displays/stands
- projectile vomiting into our trash can, then being convinced that their glasses fell into the pool of vomit and demanding our lovely cleaner go down to the rubbish bays, find their vomit-laden bag and fish around for their glasses (protip: they were in her handbag the entire time)
- masturbating in store

OMG I would have flat out refused to do anything vomit related.. That is just BEYOND disgusting!!
blink.gif
The poor cleaner!
Quote:
The salon where I work has washcloths in the restroom. One day, this lady seemed really uneasy as I was giving her a manicure. So, finally, before we proceeded to the pedicure station, she excused herself and stepped into the restroom. Well, as she was settling into the pedicure throne she was not so ladylike and flashed me.....Oh, how I wish is was just a "vadge" that I saw! Instead, I saw one of our cream-colored towels, jammed in between her legs and spotted with blood! How damn nasty can you be to do something like that, instead of asking another woman or spa attendant to get you a damn pad or tampon!?!? And, she was an older woman---wearing a white miniskirt, at that! In case you're wondering, she did leave with the towel.

Lolz.... As terrible and awful as that story is I can't help picturing her trying to casually limp out of the salon with your towel... like nothing happened! Just crazzzzy. At least she didn't leave it in the bathroom though - stuffed behind something for you to find much later :S I've had people do that with dirty tissues. Just plain filthy!

ms.marymac

Quote:
- the squat-n-spray
- masturbating in store

thud.gif

But...but...I...just...oh, my. Let me guess...a stalker man checking out the counter girls?

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
Another time, I was helping this guy get some scrubs, and he was like "My girlfriend and I-we take the scrub and we like to rub each other down in the shower".

Ha ha! My husband does mountain climbing as a hobby, and one of his climber friend works in a store that sells climbing equipment. Well, one day this couple walks in and wants to buy ropes and a climbing harness, and explain in great detail how they are not climbers at all, no no, this is to use as a sex swing at home!

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
People are just nasty.....

We stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks after Katrina and sometimes refused room service (it gets mundane and interruptive after you're basically "living" in a room) but.....damn.....respect your living quarters!

If half of the people had been great guests like you, I wouldn't have had to have a drink some nights of the week after work.
winks.gif

sonnebutti

best thread ever.. keep it coming, i'm loving it! let me tell you in america a lot of weird stuff happens.. I would love to witness that kind of things, here everything is boring :p

AmyAngel

Something really gross happened at my work a couple months ago. I'm not in retail, but at a small printing company. We do have a front counter where we do copies for people, but we're primarily a printer with presses and everything. We're also on a fairly prominent corner and get tons of people each day walk in to ask directions.

One morning, not long after I arrived, I noticed a man using a walker heading into one of our (3, single person, NOT public) restrooms. Occasionally (like twice a week maybe) clients will ask to use them, and very rarely desperate people who need it since there aren't convenience stores or restaurants close by, so I didn't find it entirely unusual. I went on about my morning, and was at the front counter a little while later, when the guy came back through, and without saying anything to anyone went out the door. I noticed the back of his shorts had wet spots, and the bottom of his shirt was wet and brownish. Suddenly, I smelled a HORRIBLE smell... As I was walking through the hall back to my office I saw a PILE (yes, it was what you're thinking) right in the middle of the floor! I didn't have the guts to look in the bathroom he had used.

Our production manager came through right then, saw and cleaned up the mess in the hall, took one look at the bathroom and promptly put a "do not use" sign on it. It took him over an HOUR with cleaners, mop and bucket, and a whole roll of paper towels to clean the restroom (while wearing a respirator - the kind that looks like a gas mask usually worn when working with solvents!). He followed it up with an entire can of air freshener sprayed in this tiny bathroom, and it still was wafting disgustingness the whole rest of the day. Apparently the guy hadn't made any attempt to clean up, because it was all over the toilet, walls, floor, everything. It was absolutely disgusting, and I nearly tossed my cookies more than once that day.

I kind of felt bad for the guy, since he had a walker and obviously couldn't get around too well (and must not have been feeling well either); but you'd have thought he'd have said something or apologized on the way out! He didn't even say "thanks" or anything, much less warn us about the hallway floor hazard or the complete desecration of one of our 2 up-front bathrooms!
thmbdn.gif

I have also in previous jobs, more than once, seen parents ignore their child's desperate pleading for a restroom until the poor kid just couldn't hold it anymore. I can't help but wonder if these people would treat their spouses or elderly parents the same way. Just because kids are young doesn't mean they're not people!

euphrosyne_rose

One morning, not long after I arrived, I noticed a man using a walker heading into one of our (3, single person, NOT public) restrooms. Occasionally (like twice a week maybe) clients will ask to use them, and very rarely desperate people who need it since there aren't convenience stores or restaurants close by, so I didn't find it entirely unusual. I went on about my morning, and was at the front counter a little while later, when the guy came back through, and without saying anything to anyone went out the door. I noticed the back of his shorts had wet spots, and the bottom of his shirt was wet and brownish. Suddenly, I smelled a HORRIBLE smell... As I was walking through the hall back to my office I saw a PILE (yes, it was what you're thinking) right in the middle of the floor! I didn't have the guts to look in the bathroom he had used.
quote]

O....M....G! GAG!! That is horrible! I wonder what that poor man was doing walking around by himself!! If I have stomach issues anywhere NEAR that, I make sure I stay home so I don't do that to someone's bathroom!!! At least your manager stepped up and cleaned it. A few minor things (way minor) have happened like that where I work (we have stalls) and our maintenance person puts the same "Do not use" sign up and lets it stay until he gets fussed at. Ew.

ductapemyheartt

i was at mac one time and this older woman grabs a mirror and a studio stick right from the display and proceeds to colour her face with it. not sanitized. def not the right shade. sick.

animecute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAngel
I have also in previous jobs, more than once, seen parents ignore their child's desperate pleading for a restroom until the poor kid just couldn't hold it anymore. I can't help but wonder if these people would treat their spouses or elderly parents the same way. Just because kids are young doesn't mean they're not people!

Oh gosh. When I was 11, I had a really bad case of the stomach flu and my parents made me go grocery shopping with them (they never believe me when I am ill =.=#) and I had the worst feeling in my stomach but they wouldn't let me leave. At the last minute I was able to go to the washroom feeling like I had to throw up. I felt so bad that day cause I ran but I could only make it to the door, fumbling with the keys, and threw up right there. >.<

BunnyBunnyBunny

Since I work at MAC in Macy's, I've seen my share of crazies.

Once I was working with someone else and a woman proceeds to come to the counter and sit her very young child onto one of the chairs and hover near the eyeshadows. The girl working with me approaches her and asks if she's finding everything okay, if she needs any help, etc. The woman proceeds to tell us, "No, I'm fine. I'm just going to change my son.
smiles.gif
" We were like, "WHAT?! Bathroom is on the second floor," and sent her away from our counter. Change her son?? Really? And I bet she was planning on putting the diaper in our garbage! Serious grode!!

I get visited by this disgusting little greasy man sometimes on Sundays. We always call security. A few times he has come over and tried to talk to me and then goes to men and stays in the men's fitting room for about 20 or so minutes since Men's is next to Cosmetics. UGHHH it's so gross. Whenever he visits me security talks to him about harassment. You'd think he'd get a clue and stay away from me. GROSS.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
thud.gif

But...but...I...just...oh, my. Let me guess...a stalker man checking out the counter girls?

Bingo. Some of the girls that I work with are smokin' hotties and they attract some seriously skeevy attention.
Me, I just attract geeks who are fascinated by this exotic creature dolled up with shimmer and lashes who can talk at length about Counterstrike and how I spent seven hours playing Team Fortress last night. At least my gentlemen callers are polite!

lanslady

My husband used to manage a pizza place here named "Mr Gatti's". Well one day this family came in, they had a baby, well the mother procedes to change the baby's diaper at the table (on it where they were about to eat, ick!) Well when they left my husband noticed that they left the naty ass diaper on the table. He went and put on some rubber gloves, grab an empty large pizza box, and went outside and told them "here, you forgot something' and handed them the box with the diaper in it. When he told me this I about fell over laughing at what he did.

lexiesupagirl

Re: To MUAs: Gross stuff ever happent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
This thread has made me want to skip dinner.

me too. i cant belive how rude ppl are;/

glamdoll

When I was younger I worked at an AMC theater, my coworker and I caught someone jacking off in the movie!! grosssss! Oh! One of the funnier ones is we found a 14 and 15 year old having intercourse in the theater (it was a weekday, slow so they were alone) and management called their parents to inform them. Ouch! There was also this asian man who we ALWAYS (and till this day) see around alot in the movies. He would go in and out from theater to theater! even when we went to a different one like Regal we would see him, now we see him at gas stations and stuff. Its creepy how he is always somewhere we are!!

This week at mac I had this older woman, who came in saying she loved our lashes cus they last so long (she had been wearing them since saturday, and it was tuesday when she went in) then she asked me for an oil based makeup remover to take em off, after she took them off she put them in a napkin and said "theyre still good" and wanted me to reapply them, I told her we cannot do that and she left mad.

dang.

MACForME

I don't work in retail, but.. I do work in a very busy hospital. Our office are directly across from the Emergency Room. Our parking lot is very small and can really only hold about 10 cars, and we have to park one behind the other, 2 cars deep. (Hang on, there's a reason for all this description). Anyway... the parking lots has huge signs that specify WHO can park there, but people try to beat having to park in deck, where they have to PAY. So one day, our lot is full and some of us had off-site meetings. This woman comes in our offices and starts demanding to know who is parked behind her.. Its one of our employees of course, who is off-site! She throws a fit because she wants to leave and also got a ticket. We know who should be in our lot.. Well, I tell her she has to WAIT until the owner comes back. Later on, about an hour or so, we go outside to see her next to our building, with a little kid.. She pulls the kids pants down INSTRUCTS THE KID TO URINATE ON OUR BUILDING!! In broad daylight!!

Who DOES THAT!!!

nelyanaphonexia

well. I don't work at MAC, but I do have some nasty stories.

I was shopping at a Dillards with my mom for my homecoming dress when I was a sophomore in high school and I was in the department where all the nice dresses (BCBG etc.) are. The girls who work there usually have to open the rooms for customers (to reduce theft I guess). But what they didn't notice was that the person who used the room before me didn't leave the dresses she had tried on the rack to be put away. She had wadded them up in the corner and did number one and two! (yes! both!) on them!
I was disgusted and sad (because they were all pretty dresses) for the rest of the day. Needless to say, I didn't try on dresses there because the entire room smelled.

I also went into another nice store where I not only found peed on clothes but a dirty open baby diaper in the dressing room! I mean...there were restrooms right next to the dressing room! It wouldn't have taken but ten steps to throw it away in the proper space. But I guess if you are lazy enough not to even fold the diaper up, why throw it away in the right place.

Oh, and I hate it when people let their kids puke/pee/poop on other people/public places unless it's their pediatrician/doctors office. (hehe...those guys are kind of asking for it...working with sick kids and all...) I've seen children take dumps all over the place in public. I mean...if your baby/child isn't feeling well. Try not to take them out unless its to the pediatrician! And surely tell them pooping is for the toilet not the third aisle in the super market.
tong.gif

Also, another story. Not really gross, but I felt it was...inappropriate. Now, I'm not a mom. But my mother did teach me a few things when I was younger. I had younger siblings and my mom would never "feed" my siblings in public (especially when breast feeding!) Maybe that was just her call, but I've always found this situation a bit...odd.

I work in the art/museum industry. Right now I'm just a student hoping to go into museum curating, but from what I've learned some art museums can be "posh" places. Especially when they throw opening night/special art collection balls. I was attending one of these opening galas and there was a woman in a gorgeous dress with a very well behaved baby. The baby never even cried! So, I thought "What a great mother! She has such a cute well behaved baby!" But, before I knew it, she had pulled her dress strap down in front of everyone and started to breast feed her baby! I felt very uncomfortable about the whole situation, as did lots of people around me. Mostly because we were all dressed up for an event and she had pulled her dress down and exposed her breasts. No one said anything to her, because feeding a baby has to happen sometime, but we figured she should have found a more private room without all the people walking around in suits and ball gowns. Or, do what my mom did. Pumped breast milk into a bottle before going out. Course some people say I'm just a snobbish prude with out a full understanding of kids and the natural beauty of public breastfeeding...
th_dunno.gif

reverieinbflat

Quote:
Bingo. Some of the girls that I work with are smokin' hotties and they attract some seriously skeevy attention.
Me, I just attract geeks who are fascinated by this exotic creature dolled up with shimmer and lashes who can talk at length about Counterstrike and how I spent seven hours playing Team Fortress last night. At least my gentlemen callers are polite!

This, my lady friend, is this same reason I've always gravitated toward geeks.