To Parents of Pets

Juneplum

A friend sent this to me and I thought it was hilarious and SO true!!
lol.gif

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The
other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it
becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in
the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.

Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry
about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to
ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when
they sleep.

It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out
to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails
straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by
some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --
canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is: kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is a son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly. Dogs and cats are better than kids ... they eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hand out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, and don't need a gazillion dollars for college
smiles.gif

mspixieears

That's pretty bloody good!

I am a pet owner, but I prefer to think of my cat as my equal, I'm not his 'mum' or anything.

And strange but true - I trained my puss as a kitten to NOT pester humans when they eat human food. He's very well-behaved that way.

And I love it when my cat sleeps with me, no matter how uncomfortable or inconvenient. He's the best friend I have in the world, so as far as I'm concerned, he can get away with murder. Goodness knows, he tolerates me when most people won't!

shellybells82

thats cute. my dogs are my kids. i think my oldest is probably better behaved then most kids these days =) and its true about people coming over and complaining about dog hair and all... its their house, the way i see it
lol.gif
and the stairway as a nascar track LOL its soooo true! thanks for that.

depecher

I love this! It is sooo true. My "youngest" is a total bed hog and she's a petite cat!
lol.gif
I am going to send this to my mom.

Juneplum

i knowww! i love this! my dogs are EXACTLY the same! they race me down the steps all the time, and my cat HAS to be in the bathroom with me whenever she sees me go in!
lol.gif
not to mention we do have a king sized bed and between dh, me, the 3 dogs AND the kitty, not enough room
rofl.gif

litlaur

When I lived in a 2-floor apartment, one of my cats always ran downstairs, practically under my feet, because he knew I was going to give them food. It was so cute. Now he chases me down the hall. Still cute, but less dangerous
winks.gif

It's really funny, actually. It's gotten to the point that he doesn't care about the food anymore; it's just a ritual for him. Now he usually doesn't even eat the food, he just has to watch me pour it.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

OMG!!! This is frigin' hilarious! My kitten does MOST of those things and made me think of her with a huge smile! Thank you for really making my day!
greengrin.gif

Raerae

Hehe.. very cute.

Gotta love the paws under the door trying to pull it open LOL. There such a PITA some times. But I wouldn't be without my baby boy
smiles.gif

TRUEFASHIONISTA

I had this on our fridge door for the longest time.

Our dogs do not believe that they are canine. They believe that they are part human. They effectively communicate to us via sign language and using vocal sounds. LOL
lmao.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

haha. the whole stairs thing is hilarious.My dog does this weird hippity hop down the stairs and I'm afraid hes gonna trip but he never does.

asnbrb

so freakin' true!

I need to mention that my dog tries to race me, slips and smashes into a wall sometimes. It's hilarious... once you ascertain that he's in one piece.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.

Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

i LOVE this letter
smiles.gif

The bit above is my favourite... because i lived a house with two kitties who would have four-legged nascar races up and down the stairs, often trying to get the humans involved too.
lol.gif