To Parents of Pets

frocher

My favorite part talks about the food. My dog thinks every plate in the house belongs to him.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
My favorite part talks about the food. My dog thinks every plate in the house belongs to him.

My cat casually walks by if I am eating on the couch and twitches her fluffy tail near the plate on in my face.
th_rolleye0014.gif

matsubie

i second EVERYTHING you wrote down.
i have a 2-year old boy golden retriever and as you may already know, he sheds like a mother.
he's caused me some aggravation, (also things get kinda inconvenient at times when you just want to sleep in and he's jumping on all fours crying to pee or duringthose COLD NYC winter weathers....and when he prevents me from staying out or going on vacation but he's seriously become my family, even more so, my son.

seriously, i've had to deal with a lot of neighbors who bitched about my dog going wee wee on their trees but i tell them, FRIGGIN get over it! this is NYC and even if it wasn't my dog, some other dogs and other animals would come around and pee on your property anyway. we always clean up after poo....some people don't, and that's my biggest pet peeve.

thanks for posting this, juneplum!

V15U4L_3RR0R

Hahahah that is great! My cat and dog do some cray stuff sometimes and the cat certainly knows how to take up half a king size bed but I love them both very much.

iamlelilien

You know the funny thing about cats coming into the bathroom with you? They're always totally fine with it until you sit down and start peeing, and then they want you to let them out of the bathroom immediately. No matter how much you give them the chance to leave the bathroom beforehand, they WILL wait until you can't just get up and let them out to decide that they want out.
th_LMAO.gif

kyoto

Oh this is hilarious and so true. To be honest my cat runs the house. And the bathroom thing, he doesn't care who goes into what bathroom, it belongs to him and either you let him in or prepare for paws under the door or on the knob.

Caramel_QT

I don't let my cat in the bathroom with me - just too wierd. So she sits outside trying to put her paw under the door. And meowing.

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel_QT
I don't let my cat in the bathroom with me - just too wierd. So she sits outside trying to put her paw under the door. And meowing.

Yeah mine does that too
lol.gif

The thing is, when I go to the bathroom, I am usually alone at home, but when my bf is there I close the door and thats when she comes and try to put her paw under. It's soo cute hehehe

I also get unconfortable when she looks at me, but I guess she likes it because everytime I go, she comes and wait for me in the hallway and roll on the floor

She always HAVE to sit and sleep where I sit and sleep. So when Im not in the livingroom, she takes my place, even if theres gazillions of other places!!! And I don't let her go in my bedroom when I can check her out because she peed twice in my bed (her litter was dirty I guessed).

purrtykitty

I've seen that before, and it's still funny! The bathroom part is so true! This may be gross, but I don't shut the door tight, so they bust on in. Really, it's just my one cat that does that and I think it's because he like to watch the toilet flush...whatever floats his boat!

And the NASCAR thing...yep, yep!! We call it "NASCAT" at our house when our kitties start tearing around the house. Usually once per day...in the late evening. One or both of them gets the wind up their butt and off they go! More than once I've had a cat run into my legs or I've nearly been run down, but such are the joys of pet ownership!

panther27

Haha this is awesome-if me and my boyfriend order pizza,my big black tuxedo cat will hop up and sit on the pizza box-like she's claiming it or something!!!!We always get her down and then she'll just get right back up there.I love this thread-it is hilarious.

Willa

I never really understood why cats do that...
Like for no reason, they start to run all around the place
Mine, she runs and then comes back on the door matt and then she does that thing that we called Origami. With her 2 front paws, its so funny to look at
th_LMAO.gif

Sometimes, when cats start to run all around, I just tell myself thats it because they see people we dont
shockt.gif

My sister has a rex cat, with curly hair, he's really cute but its a total freak! He jumps on the dog (a huge labrador), chump his ear, his face... OUCH!!!! And does the same to the other cat. I pitty them hahaha

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
^ awwww u have a tuxedo cat!!! me too
heart.gif
i love her sooooo much!

Yea her name is Sneakers and she is my baby-LOVE her-tuxedo cats are SO cool looking huh?

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Yea her name is Sneakers and she is my baby-LOVE her-tuxedo cats are SO cool looking huh?

Mine too is!

(I sound like... ME TOO ME TOO!!! Annoying girl in the back)
lol.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27

yes they are! my daughter's name is Millie
smiles.gif
short for Milagre which means miracle in Portuguese
greengrin.gif

here's my princess in bed - as usual
lol.gif

maclooks144.jpg

silentkite

This is one of my favourite email forwards, ever.

My cats always want to follow me in to the bathroom- I let them do a loop them show them I'm closing the door, hoping they will leave. They never want to leave until after I've shut and locked the door, then they cry to get out.

I've also had the fluffy tail swished past my food many times. It's like they're testing to see how quickly I can get my plate out of the way.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
yes they are! my daughter's name is Millie
smiles.gif
short for Milagre which means miracle in Portuguese
greengrin.gif

here's my princess in bed - as usual
lol.gif

maclooks144.jpg

Ohhhh she is just soo beautiful-what a sweetheart-I really like her name too.