Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

kerry-jane88

So it turns out I have an allergy to one of the main ingredients in the cream eyeshadow, i rang up the counter to ask about their return or exchange stance in this instance, as it was unused also, and they said they would authorise a return any time I can get back into town in the next few weeks! :) Makes a change, compared to the usual no return whatsoever policy for the majority of cosmetics in the UK, plus to get such a friendly reception! Makes me love tom ford even more!

pbpink

Makes me love tom ford even more!
that is so nice, i know how strict they are in the UK

a dear m/u artist friend said you would be shocked at how many people are allergic to m/u - he said he most often sees it when using reds or darker colors - one of the ingredients that often cause reactions is the dye they use for reds/dark colors and some other ingredients he mentioned that I can't even pronounce.......

Medgal07

that is exactly what I did!

as far as i know there are four mini colors - cherry lush, casablanca, indian rose + true coral...........

i'm am still wondering why on earth I am purchasing matte lippies - only tom ford could make me buy $50 matte lipsticks! i've never worn one in my life!

first time has been peeking out of it's box + staring at me............

so i don't wear gloss with them i take it? (i am so not kidding! help!)
You can wear it anyway you wish. I enjoy the look of the matte finish----except with nude lippies---they make me
look washed out---but add a bit of gloss and BAM---P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! Sometimes I buy coordinating
glosses to go with my lipsticks. It's more about preference than it is about what's right or wrong.

pbpink

You can wear it anyway you wish. I enjoy the look of the matte finish----except with nude lippies---they make me
look washed out---but add a bit of gloss and BAM---P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! Sometimes I buy coordinating
glosses to go with my lipsticks. It's more about preference than it is about what's right or wrong.
thanks so much, i have never worn matte before! i am a matte V! i'll try a lip balm under (got the bite beauty bb stick along with too many other things i don't need at sephora FF/VIB) and i'll try w/BD when it arrives.....

i love coordinating lip glosses too, esp the TF purples together (wet violet + violet fatale) YUM!

i bought some tarte blushes which are nice but i have the TF blushes and besides from a really unique color I don't know why i bother to get other blushes as the TF ones are my fave + cover a pretty nice range and if anything I think they pair well with the Chanel cream ones, but not even necessary!

I also picked up both the holiday bite + nars lip pencil sets but can't decide if they would compliment TF lippies or not! i don't want to open if I won't keep and my disturbed logic says well that's another TF lippie + ½ TF nail polish! ha!

both first time + platinum are sold out from TF.com so if anyone is considering them you may want to hurry + track down....

Medgal07

thanks so much, i have never worn matte before! i am a matte V! i'll try a lip balm under (got the bite beauty bb stick along with too many other things i don't need at sephora FF/VIB) and i'll try w/BD when it arrives.....

i love coordinating lip glosses too, esp the TF purples together (wet violet + violet fatale) YUM!

i bought some tarte blushes which are nice but i have the TF blushes and besides from a really unique color I don't know why i bother to get other blushes as the TF ones are my fave + cover a pretty nice range and if anything I think they pair well with the Chanel cream ones, but not even necessary!

I also picked up both the holiday bite + nars lip pencil sets but can't decide if they would compliment TF lippies or not! i don't want to open if I won't keep and my disturbed logic says well that's another TF lippie + ½ TF nail polish! ha!

both first time + platinum are sold out from TF.com so if anyone is considering them you may want to hurry + track down....
See, you know what you're doing. I forgot to mention lip balm under lipstick, especially mattes because it's such a standard part of my routine. I also exfoliate my lips
AM & PM. I use Chanel Rouge Coco Baume Hydrant and Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care.

I think the TF cream shadows are still available at Nordies and other dept stores.

charismafulltv

I might do the same!'
WD, My TF matte lipstick presents are from my in laws SIL and MOM and they are in Cancun right now, I'll get it by thanksgiving. I'm itching to buy and try Black Dahlia right now. What will you be getting from this collection? I've seen a set of 4 mattes for $200 too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
First peek at Lips & Boys http://instagram.com/p/vYczuEKJoO/ I'm nervous that this is described as a "set". I hope shades will be a available individually!

walkingdead

WD, My TF matte lipstick presents are from my in laws SIL and MOM and they are in Cancun right now, I'll get it by thanksgiving. I'm itching to buy and try Black Dahlia right now. What will you be getting from this collection? I've seen a set of 4 mattes for $200 too.
C ~ I got BD and just ordered PC with the free mini l/s. I want to platinum eye cream. I saw the 4 matte collection and i wanted it ... But Ithink I want to get a pair of boots instead! What a great present from your family!

Latest posts