Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

pbpink

I think it's such a great idea to have the smaller size, the price doesn't hurt as much as the full size version, lol. I bought my first TF product not too long ago, the Cheek Brush. To be honest, I don't like it as much as I thought I would... I'm hoping I'll like the lipsticks more. I want a nice nude.
have you tried the brush with the TF blushes?!? I find the brush works perfectly with his blush...You may need to add one to the lipstick order!

Haven

I only want some of the smaller lipsticks if they are new colors. Hopefully we will find out which ones are actually new.

beauteblogueur

I'm scared to see swatches now. I know I want Stavros, Alsdhair, Jack, Olivier, Liam and Wes, but there's at least another 10 I also like the look of.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be online at the department stores eventually or if it's in-store only? I won't be able to get anything in-store so it would be nice to have a back-up plan if the Black Friday release is a mess or we don't have good swatches by then.

pbpink

so happy that someone has them! thank you for posting! I still don't understand what his velvet suede collection is but as long as I can see a swatch I'm happy! there looks to be some beautiful, unusual colors, can't wait! FYI, for anyone who has not purchased from TF.com, they require a signature so make proper arrangements best you can as a lot of people had problems just getting the actual boxes for fall as they had no clue this was a requirement - perhaps ask TF.com ahead if it is possible to pre-sign if it might cause an issue for you...

laurennnxox

​I purchased Velvet Cherry but I have not yet worn it ......it's a deep beautiful red. I do have other TF matte lipsticks and find them very comfortable to wear with well
exfoliated and prepped lips, but that's my daily norm anyway. The pigmentation is rich and It lasts in excess of 6 hrs on me, with eating and drinking.
Hmm. are these perm? I might wait until it's not so windy and cold here, it can wreak havoc on my lips even with my JB balm! Not saying my lips are flakey fish lips...
girlhaha.gif
but definitely not perfectly smooth canvases.

pbpink

I'm scared to see swatches now. I know I want Stavros, Alsdhair, Jack, Olivier, Liam and Wes, but there's at least another 10 I also like the look of. Does anyone know if this is likely to be online at the department stores eventually or if it's in-store only? I won't be able to get anything in-store so it would be nice to have a back-up plan if the Black Friday release is a mess or we don't have good swatches by then.
I was told they will also be available online on cyber Monday at select dept stores - of course, I'll post if I hear anything, but the girls here are quick! I should be in NM tomm + I'll speak w/BG soon... after that Fri/Mon, they will not be for sale again until after Christmas and then only until they sell out as they are all LE...but as we know this could change but the biggest day for shopping in US is after thanksgiving, while in UK I believe it's Boxing Day as I don't think the Brits have much interest to celebrate Turkey Day w/us Yanks!

pbpink

Hmm. are these perm? I might wait until it's not so windy and cold here, it can wreak havoc on my lips even with my JB balm! Not saying my lips are flakey fish lips... :haha:  but definitely not perfectly smooth canvases.
only First Time + Black Dahlia are LE, the rest are perm - I think a swipe of lip balm worked pretty well! I don't scrub my lips ever and I wore FT today! my first matte lippie!

laurennnxox

only First Time + Black Dahlia are LE, the rest are perm - I think a swipe of lip balm worked pretty well! I don't scrub my lips ever and I wore FT today! my first matte lippie!
Yay! Did you like it? And good, maybe I'll hold off on Velvet Cherry until closer to Christmas.

Medgal07

http://www.thesundaygirl.com/2014/11/tom-ford-lips-and-boys-collection.html
They're cute---still not into it yet. Someone shake me please.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

That pic gives an idea of the lippie size!! It is small but not GWP tiny!! Yay!!!
It's hard for me to tell. MY GWP lippie looked larger in a pic than in RL. Do we know the comparative sizes?

Medgal07

I love FT---more than I thought I would. I almost skipped it---so glad I didn't.

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]   They're cute---still not into it yet.  Someone shake me please.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] It's hard for me to tell.  MY GWP lippie looked larger in a pic than in RL.  Do we know the comparative sizes?[/COLOR]
As per the TF website it is .07 vs .10 oz (regular)Meddy!!

Medgal07

Hmm. are these perm? I might wait until it's not so windy and cold here, it can wreak havoc on my lips even with my JB balm! Not saying my lips are flakey fish lips...
girlhaha.gif
but definitely not perfectly smooth canvases.
I see your question about the status of the lippies was answered. It's bitter cold here too now and between the cold outdoors and the heat indoors, I'm prone to dry lips
and cuticles---hence my lip routine. I use Chanel Rouge Coco Baume Hydrant lip balm which serves the purpose well.

pbpink

They're cute---still not into it yet. Someone shake me please.

It's hard for me to tell. MY GWP lippie looked larger in a pic than in RL. Do we know the comparative sizes?
yes for sure the mini is .03, the boys are .07 and the regular lippie is 1

i think it's overwhelming, so many colors + then it's another stressful ordeal of availability on just one day then another day yet we know things change

i think it's nice to take a moment to enjoy as they are luxury products not just a chap stick from CVS! i feel like TF has just been going back to back after a long lull in the summer (he was probably chilling in the greek isles for a few months for inspiration!)

when i read WWD, TF kinda bugged me too - he said people say they want to do things but be 2nd best, um like who on earth would say that? that if he was drinking he would be more crude.... then add the fact, that it is all so complicated, it will be on one site for 4 days then dept stores for a day then in the sky on the moon but back if there are any left

i get ya!!

hitchcockblonde

So far interested in Wes, Alejandro, Cooper and Justin even though I hate the name Justin but ugh love fuchsias so much. And I want whichever one this is:

Medgal07

yes for sure the mini is .03, the boys are .07 and the regular lippie is 1

i think it's overwhelming, so many colors + then it's another stressful ordeal of availability on just one day then another day yet we know things change

i think it's nice to take a moment to enjoy as they are luxury products not just a chap stick from CVS! i feel like TF has just been going back to back after a long lull in the summer (he was probably chilling in the greek isles for a few months for inspiration!)

when i read WWD, TF kinda bugged me too - he said people say they want to do things but be 2nd best, um like who on earth would say that? that if he was drinking he would be more crude.... then add the fact, that it is all so complicated, it will be on one site for 4 days then dept stores for a day then in the sky on the moon but back if there are any left

i get ya!!
clap.gif
Life is good, I can take things slow...I'm not excited to chase products. If I decide that I want any,I'll go the route of a trusted SA to put them aside & ship to me.

Latest posts