Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

kerry-jane88

I knew I should of sent it back :( That's just me though I try n make things work then mess up as can't take it bk It's fine it just looks like I used it a lot which I have And the tf I didn't touch :)))) Will try again tomorw maybe Quick £46 plus £3 delievery fee I wasted In all my life £50 nearly so bad
Which site did you order from hun?

Medgal07

Absolutely loving "Spring 2015" - the cream color for eyes that is
girlhaha.gif
!!
@EllaS It isnt that brown or warm on me either more like Khaki taupey shade!!

yahoo.gif
Isn't 2015 just the best? Its so easy to use. When I sheer it out it looks more grey on me. I'm wearing Raw Jade today and I love it!
I'm glad you love your goodies!

Medgal07

Aww, thanks hun! I'm wearing it on just one eyelid right now
lol.gif

Its so FABULOUS! I could buy bunches of these TF cream shadows! They are really amazing. I need a cream shadow rabbit hole
lmao.gif

I also just ordered the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Moon Beach. These look lovely. I hope I love everything about it.
Just put your helmet on before you jump
girlhaha.gif
I've heard nothing but good thing about those TC Beach Sticks!!! Looking forward to hearing what you think.

kerry-jane88

House of fraser
Ah was hoping you'd say that! Well if you're not impressed with the pay off then I'd certainly give their customer service number a ring and explain to them how difficult it is to get decent colour pay off and the trouble you're having as you suspect the shadow is particularly hardened. I rang the customer service number up when I'd ordered the nude dip quad last year and the outer packaging came covered in finger prints, i hadn't actually used the quad but the condition it was in really put me off so I rang up and the man on Fone was really nice, he said if it doesn't meet your standards then send it back, making it all about my needs and meeting my expectations. So I'd say even though you've had a good try and making it work, it shouldn't be that hard to make a luxe eyeshaow work so maybe see what customer service can do for you? :)

mkoparanova

In all my life £50 nearly so bad
Did you try applying it with wet brush over primer? Or just in the crease with a pencil brush? I put it on really quickly when I got it:

I don't have any other makeup on, so I tried to crop out as much as possible
lol.gif
I used the light shade in the inner part of my eyelid with a wet brush; the dark one on the outer 2/3 and then I patted some of the lighter shade on top of the darker one in the middle. I darkened the crease with a pencil brush and then did the liner with a wet angled brush. I used the UDPP underneath.

If it doesn't work for you, I think you can return it in HoF. I returned the Black Jade NP on Tuesday, I explained that I have opened it and used it on one nail but it looks plain black and I expected a green nail polish. They gave me a full refund.

beautycool

Ah was hoping you'd say that! Well if you're not impressed with the pay off then I'd certainly give their customer service number a ring and explain to them how difficult it is to get decent colour pay off and the trouble you're having as you suspect the shadow is particularly hardened. I rang the customer service number up when I'd ordered the nude dip quad last year and the outer packaging came covered in finger prints, i hadn't actually used the quad but the condition it was in really put me off so I rang up and the man on Fone was really nice, he said if it doesn't meet your standards then send it back, making it all about my needs and meeting my expectations. So I'd say even though you've had a good try and making it work, it shouldn't be that hard to make a luxe eyeshaow work so maybe see what customer service can do for you? :)
Hi Hun ah that was nice I will try and phone them at some point But I wouldn't hold my breathe they prob say you can't send it back when you used it :( But I will try thank you for your reply :)))(

beautycool

Did you try applying it with wet brush over primer? Or just in the crease with a pencil brush? I put it on really quickly when I got it: I don't have any other makeup on, so I tried to crop out as much as possible :lol:  I used the light shade in the inner part of my eyelid with a wet brush; the dark one on the outer 2/3 and then I patted some of the lighter shade on top of the darker one in the middle. I darkened the crease with a pencil brush and then did the liner with a wet angled brush. I used the UDPP underneath. If it doesn't work for you, I think you can return it in HoF. I returned the Black Jade NP on Tuesday, I explained that I have opened it and used it on one nail but it looks plain black and I expected a green nail polish. They gave me a full refund.
Hi Hun thank you for reply that looks good It doesn't look dark at all does it I will try again tomorw Maybe it's becaee I'm trying to put it across whole lid I mean does yours work if you out it across the whole of lid I mean it should work for £46 lol no matter what you do with it I don't think I can get to a store Will have anothe play Tomorow it prob looks terrible now as scraped top later then went over it with a brush a few times

mkoparanova

Will have anothe play Tomorow it prob looks terrible now as scraped top later then went over it with a brush a few times
It is a bit darker IRL, the photo is with flash. I got curious how it would look on the whole lid, so I just put on some primer and patted it on with a shader brush. I don't have problems with the pigmentation, if I use a wet brush, I get the colour from the pan. Maybe you can try putting it over a cream es? I hope you can make it work.

beautycool

It is a bit darker IRL, the photo is with flash. I got curious how it would look on the whole lid, so I just put on some primer and patted it on with a shader brush. I don't have problems with the pigmentation, if I use a wet brush, I get the colour from the pan. Maybe you can try putting it over a cream es? I hope you can make it work.
Hi I have no cream eyeshadow :( I will try and pat it on I think I already tried patting it on dry I will try again Doesn't matter I ruined it as I tried to equal it out in pan Oh what brush are you using I mean what make ? Thank you for the picture and advise I love your eye make up alot :))))) thank you

mkoparanova

I love your eye make up alot
smiles.gif
)))) thank you
Thank you! I used Zoeva 234 now because it was closer but it's almost the same as MAC 239. On the picture I've used 239 for the lighter shade and 217 for the darker. Maybe a pencil brush too, I don't remember. What primer do you use? The shadows are a bit drier than others, so I think they need something creamier to stick to.

Haven

I feel like some people, perhaps intentionally, perhaps not, are being rather judgemental. If you're in a store, sure let the cashier know you underpaid. When it's online, it can be a hassle to return things, and I'm guessing 99% of the time they will say just keep it. Like, you can tell them, but please don't act like it's super immoral to not. There are far worse things people do that are immoral than accepting something that was accidentally sent to you. I'm guessing the op didn't expect some people to respond in what I consider s rude tone. Like. Give your opinion, but don't act like you have better morals. Morals and values are relative and vary by person. Sorry if I'm sounding kind of harsh, but I really dislike people attacking someone in the name of "morals" when all they did was ask for an opinion.
Thanks for the support!

I was simply asking for opinions on a situation, but some people always assume to worst of others and feel the need to attack/preach/"educate"/ etc. Fortunately I have a "thick skin" and can deflect or ignore the negativity. Funny thing is that I never said what my solution to the situation actually was. People just assumed without even knowing me.

jenise

I feel like some people, perhaps intentionally, perhaps not, are being rather judgemental. If you're in a store, sure let the cashier know you underpaid. When it's online, it can be a hassle to return things, and I'm guessing 99% of the time they will say just keep it. Like, you can tell them, but please don't act like it's super immoral to not. There are far worse things people do that are immoral than accepting something that was accidentally sent to you. I'm guessing the op didn't expect some people to respond in what I consider s rude tone. Like. Give your opinion, but don't act like you have better morals. Morals and values are relative and vary by person. Sorry if I'm sounding kind of harsh, but I really dislike people attacking someone in the name of "morals" when all they did was ask for an opinion.
Totally agree with you! :heart:

Bronwyn

Thanks for the support!  I was simply asking for opinions on a situation, but some people always assume to worst of others and feel the need to attack/preach/"educate"/ etc.  Fortunately I have a "thick skin" and can deflect or ignore the negativity.  Funny thing is that I never said what my solution to the situation actually was. People just assumed without even knowing me.
Yeah, the whole preach thing is rather condescending. People seem to make assumptions rather quickly instead of coming from a place of love and understanding. Whatever you chose to do, I support your decision

EllaS

Absolutely loving "Spring 2015" - the cream color for eyes that is
girlhaha.gif
!!
@EllaS It isnt that brown or warm on me either more like Khaki taupey shade!!

Aww so glad you love it! I was surprised to see how warm it was in those other swatches so I'm glad it's not just my weird chemistry turning it grey. If the sun shines directly on it, it'll look warmer - like the khaki color you mention. But in the shade - so cold! But I love it regardless. Enjoy your goodies!

EllaS

Aww, thanks hun! I'm wearing it on just one eyelid right now
lol.gif

Its so FABULOUS! I could buy bunches of these TF cream shadows! They are really amazing. I need a cream shadow rabbit hole
lmao.gif

I also just ordered the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Moon Beach. These look lovely. I hope I love everything about it.
So could I!! I really wish I'd become a makeup addict earlier because I missed out on all the earlier ones. I love cream shadows in general but these are a whole different level of amazing. Love them! So glad you're loving your newest addition too!

EllaS

I know how you forgot---product overload
th_DANCE.gif

In preparation for Raw Jade, I'm wearing Émeraude today w/the EL Teal Kajal eye pencil. It's an incredible match and I love the way that it looks. Émeraude is my main
lid color and I use MAC Plumage, described as a dusky peacock is deeper and darker in the crease & outer vee, and sheered toward the transition area.
Product overload is right! I can't believe I actually said earlier in this thread that I didn't have any green liners. Then the conversation got me all hyped about the MJ liners I don't yet have and I thought - Overt! That's a green one I need! Guess what - it came with the set I already bought! And I didn't even know!
ohboy.gif

And I haven't even used Emeraude yet! But that combo sounds divine. So happy to hear you're enjoying it ;-)

Latest posts