Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

EllaS

Yes! I was eyeing the lip liners (and the new lipsticks) as well - but I'm not sure on the colors. They're not really speaking to me. And the swatches I've seen online are so different from one person to the next (as usual) that I can't figure out how they'd look on me. But it sounds like the formula is great on them. So, yes! We need more colors of the lip liners and eye liners!

Medgal07

It's an awesome set! But you're right - I throw all my liners in a zippered pouch but I tend to only use a few of them on a regular basis. Not because there's anything wrong with any of the others - I just find some that work and don't make the effort to branch out and try new ones.
Product overload is right! I can't believe I actually said earlier in this thread that I didn't have any green liners. Then the conversation got me all hyped about the MJ liners I don't yet have and I thought - Overt! That's a green one I need! Guess what - it came with the set I already bought! And I didn't even know!
ohboy.gif

And I haven't even used Emeraude yet! But that combo sounds divine. So happy to hear you're enjoying it ;-)
girlhaha.gif
I had to put Emeraude aside today for Raw Jade, but it was a very nice trade-off. I rather like Raw Jade!!!

EllaS

I'm so far behind - sorry for the binge posting LOL. My haul has arrived! Posted these on IG so I'll post them here in case anyone is on the fence about Crushed Indigo. Oh, and there's a video swatch on my instagram if anyone prefers "live" swatches ;-) @allthingsglam I got the Eddie Borgo bag in pink! And it's so cute!

So below are my swatches of crushed indigo, dry and wet. Significantly more intensity when swatched wet. I have to say I can't usually be bothered to apply shadows wet. But with these it may be worth the effort. The opalescent shades don't show up well on my skin tone dry but I love the layering effect, wet or dry!

Am working on swatches of Raw Jade and Ripe Plum. So much makeup, so little time and as @Medgal07 has said, only one face!

Top: in sunlight; Bottom: natural light indoors (first 3 swatched dry; last 3 wet)

EllaS

girlhaha.gif
I had to put Emeraude aside today for Raw Jade, but it was a very nice trade-off. I rather like Raw Jade!!!
Good to hear! I swatched it in a rush today but my first impressions were really good. Good enough that I don't regret buying another green eyeshadow!
pompom.gif

Medgal07

I'm so far behind - sorry for the binge posting LOL. My haul has arrived! Posted these on IG so I'll post them here in case anyone is on the fence about Crushed Indigo. Oh, and there's a video swatch on my instagram if anyone prefers "live" swatches ;-) @allthingsglam I got the Eddie Borgo bag in pink! And it's so cute!

So below are my swatches of crushed indigo, dry and wet. Significantly more intensity when swatched wet. I have to say I can't usually be bothered to apply shadows wet. But with these it may be worth the effort. The opalescent shades don't show up well on my skin tone dry but I love the layering effect, wet or dry!

Am working on swatches of Raw Jade and Ripe Plum. So much makeup, so little time and as @Medgal07 has said, only one face!

Top: in sunlight; Bottom: natural light indoors (first 3 swatched dry; last 3 wet)
Great pics and swatches....and you would have to show Crushed Indigo, which I'm trying hard to resist!! ENJOY!!!

Medgal07

Good to hear! I swatched it in a rush today but my first impressions were really good. Good enough that I don't regret buying another green eyeshadow!
pompom.gif
girlhaha.gif
I try not to think of all of the palettes that I've recently purchased and how many of those also included a green eyeshadow.

Medgal07

Did you try applying it with wet brush over primer? Or just in the crease with a pencil brush? I put it on really quickly when I got it:

I don't have any other makeup on, so I tried to crop out as much as possible
lol.gif
I used the light shade in the inner part of my eyelid with a wet brush; the dark one on the outer 2/3 and then I patted some of the lighter shade on top of the darker one in the middle. I darkened the crease with a pencil brush and then did the liner with a wet angled brush. I used the UDPP underneath.

If it doesn't work for you, I think you can return it in HoF. I returned the Black Jade NP on Tuesday, I explained that I have opened it and used it on one nail but it looks plain black and I expected a green nail polish. They gave me a full refund.
That really looks pretty Maggie! I think I'll try Ripe Plum tomorrow. I was thinking of using MAC Ardent as a base for it.
I skipped Black Jade because it it looked like plain black in the swatches that I had seen----no bueno!!!

EllaS

Great pics and swatches....and you would have to show Crushed Indigo, which I'm trying hard to resist!! ENJOY!!!
LOL I got the impression Crushed Indigo was less popular so I figured I'd swatch the underdog first. ;-) I'm curious to see how this one looks on the eye! I'm fussy about blues but it seems very wearable to me. We shall see!

EllaS

Last swatches before I crash. I think Ripe Plum has gotten a lot of representation here but I'll post my swatches in case anyone needs more. Again there's a video swatch on my instagram if you want to see live swatches.

First three swatched dry, last three wet.

Medgal07

Last swatches before I crash. I think Ripe Plum has gotten a lot of representation here but I'll post my swatches in case anyone needs more. Again there's a video swatch on my instagram if you want to see live swatches.

First three swatched dry, last three wet.
I'd like to try RP w/ a burgundy base. I want it to pull less purple on me.

beautycool

Yeah, the whole preach thing is rather condescending. People seem to make assumptions rather quickly instead of coming from a place of love and understanding. Whatever you chose to do, I support your decision
Nice to see what others thought but none of there business really Either keep or send back If it was there mistake why not keep them 6 instead of 3 what a result lol Xx

allthingsglam

I'm so far behind - sorry for the binge posting LOL. My haul has arrived! Posted these on IG so I'll post them here in case anyone is on the fence about Crushed Indigo. Oh, and there's a video swatch on my instagram if anyone prefers "live" swatches ;-)  @allthingsglam  I got the Eddie Borgo bag in pink! And it's so cute!  So below are my swatches of crushed indigo, dry and wet. Significantly more intensity when swatched wet. I have to say I can't usually be bothered to apply shadows wet. But with these it may be worth the effort. The opalescent shades don't show up well on my skin tone dry but I love the layering effect, wet or dry! Am working on swatches of Raw Jade and Ripe Plum. So much makeup, so little time and as @Medgal07  has said, only one face! Top: in sunlight; Bottom: natural light indoors (first 3 swatched dry; last 3 wet)
Loveeeeee your swatch Ellas Enjoy Yessssss I'm going to look at your beautiful swatches on intragram thanks Ellas u are awesome

beautycool

14679fe8_image.jpeg
I have just tried it again and colour pay off is abit more better I patted it on sort of with my brush real tech brush Since scraping off the top layer Shouldn't of had to though should I ? It looks bit of a mess but by the time use it bit more hope it evens out abit etc

mkoparanova

That really looks pretty Maggie! I think I'll try Ripe Plum tomorrow. I was thinking of using MAC Ardent as a base for it.
I skipped Black Jade because it it looked like plain black in the swatches that I had seen----no bueno!!!
Thank you! It was a quick messy application, I'll wear it outside next week
lol.gif

Black Jade was a real disappointment. I bought it before there were any swatches, so I'm glad I could return it!

patentg33k

Yes! I was eyeing the lip liners (and the new lipsticks) as well - but I'm not sure on the colors. They're not really speaking to me. And the swatches I've seen online are so different from one person to the next (as usual) that I can't figure out how they'd look on me. But it sounds like the formula is great on them. So, yes! We need more colors of the lip liners and eye liners!
Two of the lipliners went rather brown, and the other peach. Neither really works well for my coloring. The nude lipsticks had a winner or two in the bunch--the new line of creamy opaques are really, really opaque! Similar to the vibe of Nars Audacious. I agree with these it's best to see them in person first. They hit my local Sephora about 2-3 weeks ago, so they should be around if you get a chance to get to one.

MrsBaine

What primer are you guys using for the duo's? I'm not getting great wear with anything. It fades and gets patchy.

Latest posts